GETTING TO KNOW YOU.... SEPTEMBER 2020 …GTKY

TGP

13 hours ago, TGP said:

Inquiry, the 24th of September: 

Gaming mats / Table covers / Game boards: Do you own any? What are they made of? Are they representing desert, open water, cobblestone, swamp..? Where did you source them, if you did not make them?

My apartment is never the choice for in person games, so I do not bother with table cover. I have some random buildings I bring along to other people's houses or conventions. I also have a chessex wet erase 1 inch grid I keep in my back pack to bring to rpgs. I draw on it.

• Like 6

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

That is correct. I measured it out and used a knife to cut into the board and also my finger. Did a pretty good job of both.

I find a little blood generally helps a lot of my projects along. Case in point I was trying to tune my chainsaw yesterday. Wouldn't start no matter what I did. Somehow scratched a knuckle while yanking on it. After a bit of blood fell on it everything started to work even though I hadn't adjusted anything in the meantime.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, TGP said:

Gaming mats / Table covers / Game boards: Do you own any? What are they made of? Are they representing desert, open water, cobblestone, swamp..? Where did you source them, if you did not make them?

A little bit somewhere...  If I get back into gaming it will require some searching.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, TGP said:

Oh, crud...

2 boxes of Battletech maps [actually I own ALL of them]

about 10 pounds worth of Heroclix maps

multiple cloth sheets of generic tans, browns and greens for other games

lots of felt pieces to use on the sheets

lots of buildings for Battletech and now Starfinder

a lonely Chessex mat

• Like 8

17 hours ago, TGP said:

To my dismay, I do not have anything other than a hideously red tablecloth covering my painting table. I also have that little paper game mat that came with the cheapest 40K starter. I just can't put money towards a giant mouse pad. I look at the price and think of how many little soldiers and monsters I could buy instead. I am planning on building some modular boards on 2x2' MDF pieces, as this is the size the hardware store sells, and is also perfect for wargaming. I heard crushed velvet makes a beautiful ocean, so I'll probably buy some of that, too. 

• Like 7

On 9/21/2020 at 6:19 AM, TGP said:

Inquiry, the 21st of September: 

Are you ready for The Equinox? or are you planning to ignore it? (It happens tomorrow for most time-zones.) …and will it be the end of winter or the end of summer for you?

I usually celebrate it, but this year I've been too distracted. End of summer, thankfully.

On 9/22/2020 at 3:44 AM, TGP said:

Inquiry, the 22nd of September (Equinox):

Today the daylight hours will equal the night (Equi=equal; Nox=night). How much time per week do you spend on your mini/TTRPG hobby? Is hobbying usually done at night or during the day?

3-4 hours, if I'm lucky. Usually at night.

On 9/23/2020 at 7:51 AM, TGP said:

Inquiry, the 23rd of September: 

Did you know there are 300 different sign languages? Today is International Sign Language Day (so sayeth the UN). Can you sign? If so in which one/ones?

I didn't. I know a tiny bit of ASL.

On 9/24/2020 at 1:40 AM, TGP said:

Chessex double sided mat from my FLGS.

• Like 7

I have one of the pathfinder grid maps. One side is a grey stone type texture. The other is a sandy brown texture. I ordered online. I also have various structures and ruins drawn out on grid poster board that make an appearance from time to time. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, TGP said:

Inquiry, the 25th of September: 

Do you enjoy making changes to models? or doing model conversions?

Depends on how intensive the changes are.  Easy things (weapon swaps, arm or leg reposition) I'm fine with.  Anything that requires me to have to re-sculpt a major portion of the figure isn't that enjoyable for me personally.  In the process of scratch building a figure and it's driving me nuts.

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, TGP said:

Inquiry, the 25th of September: 

Do you enjoy making changes to models? or doing model conversions?

Most of the metal miniatures are left as the sculptor made them, but the plastic miniatures, particularly the multipart ones, are viewed as parts for kit bashing. Things like my Pumpkinheads & Goblin Faeries are the result.

• Like 10