Sign in to follow this  
TGP

GETTING TO KNOW YOU.... SEPTEMBER 2020 …GTKY

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Inquiry, the 25th of September: 

Do you enjoy making changes to models? or doing model conversions?

I do enjoy it but am bad at doing it.  I have Egyptian minis that have been bashed into Jafa (Stargate bad guys) with Staff Weapons and helm or no helm.

I also did an Alien four arm insect with guns and pistols.  I added feathery antenna to a Shadowrun character to make my Starfinder character.  I moded Wraiths so I had over nine unique wraiths.  Those have been my most successful.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Zink said:

I actually enjoy assembling things a lot except when trying to glue 2 hands to a weapon and the shoulders at the same time.

I spent lunch doing this....it only took 15 minutes until my fingers stopped trying to stick together....

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Generally, no. I will do things that don't take a lot of effort but I don't like doing complicated things.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, TGP said:

In general, yes. Especially if it involves giving modern and sci fi weapons to fantasy monsters. Sometimes I get a result that matches the image in my head. And sometimes a mini becomes more bits for the bit box. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

I have never understood the clone thing.

woman-shrugging-type-1-2_1f937-1f3fb-200d-2640-fe0f.png.fb3f544d2d2db9ee96fe4bcb7c39eca2.png

@buglips*the*goblin might not survive any chestbursters, so the next best thing is to keep around a few spares. It may have snowballed since then, and there are only so many I can keep in the moat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

conversions:

Not really, I tend to fit the encounter around the miniature, even with Adventure League mods. During the Ravenloft AL I ran last Sept to Dec, for example, there is a wight named Laszlo in the adventure. I pretty sure he was  standard wight monster entry but I ended up using the Dreadmere/Bones Black wight & made him a "mad monk" type.

Kinda one of the reasons why I've never really been interested in DiY minis during the auction at ReaperCon. I've told Ron & others, "you guys keep making DiY minis for me, so I really don't need to ask for one."

• Like 8

8 hours ago, TGP said:

I do! Working on Kornovik the barbarian dude for Frostgrave was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun, and gave me a much better feel for working with Greenstuff. Of course sometimes it's nice to just paint something right out of the package and not worry about it.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, TGP said:

Me? Nooo.....never.

Well, maybe a little bit.

Here's a few I've done:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82769-warduke-finished-and-pic-heavy/

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/71548-colossal-skeleton-conversion-for-reapercon-2016-bronze-medal/

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, TGP said:

I'd rather be painting.

• Like 7

On 9/23/2020 at 11:40 PM, TGP said:

Inquiry, the 24th of September: 

Gaming mats / Table covers / Game boards: Do you own any? What are they made of? Are they representing desert, open water, cobblestone, swamp..? Where did you source them, if you did not make them?

Yes, we just recently got a couple sets of dry erase mats with various terrains on them. We have grass, jungle, a few stone types, arctic, desert, beach, ocean, and even one side with a pair of ships! 

We got them off amazon for like $35, I think.

11 hours ago, TGP said:

It depends. I got burned out doing conversions for a family of draconians, but for the most part I enjoy making the minis match the character more closely.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

It depends. I got burned out doing conversions for a family of draconians, but for the most part I enjoy making the minis match the character more closely.

This needs clarification, as it effects the request that may come:

(a) Draconians, as in the family acted in a draconian fashion (i.e. forcing you to do conversions in a tyrannical manner)

- OR -

(b) you converted a family of miniatures into draconians?

Because if it is option b... pics please? (when/if you can, as you have a miniature human that may or may not act draconian in her daily needs.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TGP said:

Not really. Although I think its because I haven't done it enough. I need to practice more to get to the point where what I envision is what I can make.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, TGP said:

I like the idea of making changes or doing conversions but I haven't done it yet.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, TGP said:

My Wyrmgear technically counts as such... If we ignore that it's sat untouched for some time now... It's on the eventual to do list, I just need space to actually dedicate to such... 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, TGP said:

Yep, probably the thing that keeps me in the hobby. Most of my Warhammer models are changed with a specific theme in mind. 

Edited by BadgersinMeadows
  • Like 6