Sign in to follow this  
TGP

GETTING TO KNOW YOU.... SEPTEMBER 2020 …GTKY

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Inquiry, the 28th of September: Inktober is only three days away... Do you have any idea what it is? Did you try it last year / are you thinking of trying it this year?

Yes, I know what Inktober is.  No, I did not participate last year.  No, I will not be participating this year.

I thought about trying to paint minis based on Inktober prompts this year but I don’t think I’ll have the time.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Inquiry, the 28th of September: Inktober is only three days away... Do you have any idea what it is? Did you try it last year / are you thinking of trying it this year?

Yes I know, and have enjoyed the topics on here in the past.

No, I have little to no drawing skill.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, TGP said:

I know what Inktober is, but drawing isn't my thing so I will not be participating.  I love seeing others work though.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, TGP said:

I know what it is, and have attempted it. I have yet to successfully complete it. Will I try this year? Haven't decided.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, TGP said:

I know what it is, hate how one art site I'm on changes their banner for the whole month.... I don't participate in it, although I may next year since I'll have an actual space set up for my sketchbooks... 

It's an interesting thing, that's for sure. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, TGP said:

I had no idea what this Inktober thingy was that you mentioned, SO I Wikipediaed it up:

Inktober[edit]

In 2009, Parker started Inktober, a popular annual celebration of ink drawing during the month of October.[11][12] Inktober is a challenge to create one ink drawing every day for each day of October and post them on social media; Parker originally started the challenge to motivate himself to improve his own inking skills.[12][13][14] In October 2015, over 1 million Inktober drawings were posted on Instagram.[5] Parker registered "Inktober" as a trademark, and in 2019, some participating artists received cease and desist notices for selling work created during the challenge. Parker clarified that using the word "Inktober" was permitted in a subtitle, but use of the logo was not.[15] He started an "Art Drop Day", which occurs on the first Tuesday of September, to encourage artists to connect with others in a physical way.[16][17]

Just ahead of the expected 2020 release date of Parker’s newest book, Inktober All Year Round: Your Indispensable Guide to Drawing With Ink, author Alphonso Dunn[18] used his YouTube channel to provide a detailed comparison of his own work and parts of Parker’s new book, providing evidence for extensive plagiarism by Parker. Following public outcry, Chronicle Books postponed the book's release and DeviantArt cancelled its annual Inktober awards event.

Since I didn't know what Inktober was it is a pretty safe assumption that I didn't participate. Plus I have never done ink drawings; I was a Prism color Guy for quite a few years though. There are quite a few of my caricatures still floating around...somewhere or other.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Yup... I've tried for the past 3 years. Haven't exactly succeeded. Maybe this year will be different.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, TGP said:

I know about it, I don't participate.

Not talented enough for that.

• Like 6

On 9/21/2020 at 6:19 AM, TGP said:

Inquiry, the 21st of September: 

Are you ready for The Equinox? or are you planning to ignore it? (It happens tomorrow for most time-zones.) …and will it be the end of winter or the end of summer for you?

I was ready for the Equinox and definitely did not ignore it.  :wub:

Spoiler

1768250153_Weddingmasks.thumb.jpeg.16a3979e4e10e8114d454047f6263509.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, TGP said:

I'm vaguely aware of it, but I'm not any good at drawing stuff so I won't be attempting it.

14 minutes ago, VitM said:

I was ready for the Equinox and definitely did not ignore it.  :wub:

Reveal hidden contents

1768250153_Weddingmasks.thumb.jpeg.16a3979e4e10e8114d454047f6263509.jpeg

That seems to indicate a marriage just took place! If so, congrats!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

That seems to indicate a marriage just took place! If so, congrats!

It did! ::D::wub:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Ahem. The only thing I would do is with something like that, that adds a letter... :ph34r:

But, I also heard that someone involved in Inktober was filing a copyright or trademark and that was a whole thing. I think he tried to walk it back but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Since I don't/can't draw, it doesn't directly effect me.

20 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Weird. Reminds me of animated Batman bits where the Joker has a 'captive' audience :ph34r: and Harley is running a canned laughter machine.

Epic Villians.jpg

Edited by CaptainPete
Don't post when tired, folks.
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Though I enjoy seeing other people's work, I won't try it myself. My mind just isn't into it at the moment.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, TGP said:

I do. I did. And I am thinking of trying some form of it. 

3 hours ago, aku-chan said:

I know what it is, but I don't participate, I'm no artist.

I do hope someone does a thread for it though, I enjoy seeing other people get their art on.

In that case I will do that later today. 

2 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Yes I know, and have enjoyed the topics on here in the past.

No, I have little to no drawing skill.

So far I have located three sets of prompts for it. 

These are the basics:

1 hour ago, malefactus said:

I had no idea what this Inktober thingy was that you mentioned, SO I Wikipediaed it up:

Inktober[edit]

In 2009, Parker started Inktober, a popular annual celebration of ink drawing during the month of October.[11][12] Inktober is a challenge to create one ink drawing every day for each day of October and post them on social media...

[... snipped ...]

1 hour ago, malefactus said:

Since I didn't know what Inktober was it is a pretty safe assumption that I didn't participate. Plus I have never done ink drawings; I was a Prism color Guy for quite a few years though. There are quite a few of my caricatures still floating around...somewhere or other.

The version of it we did around these here parts we kinda threw the only Black Ink rule under the Bus. People used pencils, watercolor With a bit of ink, different Colors of ink, Pure pencil...whatever was to hand that would put a mark on paper. 

PrismaColours would have fitted right in. Here is last year’s thread.

• Like 9