GETTING TO KNOW YOU.... SEPTEMBER 2020 …GTKY

TGP

1 hour ago, TGP said:

RCon series…

Query for Sept. 3rd: 

Are you planning to participate in the Eat and Greet activity tonight that is part of ReaperCon?

Possibly. I'm taking a class on shiny paint this afternoon and then I'm planning on brewing a batch of beer this evening. I may have a small screen set up with Twitch on it while I'm doing that, but it's unlikely I'll have a lot of time for interaction. 

• Like 9

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TGP said:

RCon series…

Query for Sept. 3rd: 

Are you planning to participate in the Eat and Greet activity tonight that is part of ReaperCon?

I accidentally already did it.

In my mind, I misread the date and thought it was Wednesday, as per all previous RCons.

So I cooked up a bunch of spicy chicken wings. And as they were cooking in the oven, I go over to Discord and find it unusually quiet. Recheck the date, and realize it's happening Thursday.

In my sorrow, I ate all the chicken wings. Got an upset stomach fro overeating. And am now without desire for more chicken wings this evening without feeling nauseous thinking about it.

So tonight, I'll be having pizza!

All in all, I'm normally home on Thursday evenings watching the Twitch shows, so it's not much of a change.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, TGP said:

RCon series…

Query for Sept. 3rd: 

Did not know such a thing existed, and is probably too late for me anyways.

Signing up for the Reapercon newsletter/e-mail thingy was pretty pointless in the end.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, TGP said:

RCon series…

Query for Sept. 3rd: 

No; after the last few days, I think I will sit, moan quietly, & stare off into space.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, TGP said:

RCon series…

Query for Sept. 3rd: 

No, I haven't been following what's going on with Reapercon. I want to check some things  out but after being gone for most of a week the next while is going to be super busy with other things.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, TGP said:

RCon series…

Query for Sept. 3rd: 

No. I'm not even sure what dinner is going to be but I can tell you that watching a video of other people eating and making in jokes is Not Fun, IMO.  

We're meeting some folks we'd be seeing at the con if it was really happening, and going for BBQ tomorrow, however. 

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Some ideas to consider concerning the electrics: 

• Electrical plugs are always too few in hobby spaces. Make the architect double-up the number even if there has to be a second circuit.
  • Electrical plugs down near the floor are hard to reach. (Except for tiny toddlers …? :upside: )
  • Electrical plugs just above table height are awesome. So easy to reach to plug and unplug laptops, printers, chargers, desk lamps….

Yup.  We went from 2 overhead lamps to 15 LED can lights embedded in the ceiling, 2x 4-port outlets with USB at waist height on each wall, and hard wired internet on 2 walls.   Took it from 1969 to 2019. 

There are 2 4-port outlets by the table,  we each have 2 desk lamps, plus there's the paint shaker, and the cd player, leaving us each 1 outlet for, say, a Dremel tool  or coffee cup warmer..... 

1 hour ago, aku-chan said:

Signing up for the Reapercon newsletter/e-mail thingy was pretty pointless in the end.

They are doing random give-aways on the hour, for $15 Reaper gift codes, using that list of people. So check your email, you might get lucky. 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, TGP said:

RCon series…

Query for Sept. 3rd: 

No, won't be doing anything ReaperCon related (too slow of internet) this weekend. Plus I have a "no food" policy around my computer (historically food has never ended well near it, but beverages seem to do well).

I'll spend the day cleaning minis and prepping for one final batch to prime, in the hopes that I can get enough painted to spray varnish before the spraying conditions possibly turn unfavorable in the next month.

And of course, tomorrow the second season of The Boys is available, so I'll be binging that.

• Like 9

On 9/2/2020 at 3:25 AM, TGP said:

Query for Sept. 2nd:

Do you have a dedicated paint/hobby space? If so, what does it look like? Feel free to either describe in words; or show it off with pix.

My computer desk doubles as my hobby space.

5 hours ago, TGP said:

RCon series…

Query for Sept. 3rd: 

Maybe ::P: I'll make my own bbq tho. I have a pork shoulder roast I can cook and pull :B):

Edited by NebulousMissy
merrrrrge
  • Like 10

7 hours ago, TGP said:

RCon series…

Query for Sept. 3rd: 

I was, but now I have to work late, so no.  My streak of missing the meet and greet continues; I have yet to actually attend one. I will hop into whatever is happening later this evening. 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

Again, I wish. I work nights, so y'all will be having fun while I try to sleep in the heat. :zombie:

I've been working nights for 27 years so I understand the feeling.

I'll try & make it but again virtual just doesn't do it for me. 

• Like 10

11 hours ago, TGP said:

RCon series…

Query for Sept. 3rd: 

I agree with some of the other posters that watching other people eat is kind of gross. I applaud Reaper for trying to make all the traditional events of the con work, but it's not for me. Also, my puppy hurt her leg this morning chasing coyotes, so we're planning on some cuddling tonight. 

• Sad 12