Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Reaper Vex

1 hour ago, chaosscorpion said:

Was wondering about fitting sizes to order the right size hose and ecetra for connection to the compressor I choose.

Most likely standard Badger hose fitting.  (1/8)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, haldir said:

Most likely standard Badger hose fitting.  (1/8)

looking at the picture, that fitting looks to be the full width of the airbrush.  it looks much larger than the usual badger connection.  maybe 3/8?

I believe aaron said 1/4" needed. I believe if you get an iwata adapter to QD, you should be good. Makes me wonder if reaper and badger(once again haha) were trying to pull those iwata people to convert to a badger (VEX). After all, that is not a standard badger connection, but an iwata size fitting.

***why did I get a double post:(**** Can a mod please delete one? @SamuraiJack, can you help on this:)

Edited by Ratmaster2000

4 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

Where are people buying their accessories like the compressor and other items?

I bought my paasche compressor from Chicago airbrush supply (they are not around anymore, and I forget the company who took over the assets), but USA airbrush supply probably can hook you up:) They also have all the accessories you would need (water traps, fittings, quick disconnects etc.). I got my big (and amazingly quiet) compressor from walmart (It is a california air tools CAT-6S? think that's the model). 

• Like 2

I purchased my fitting on amazon, and still waiting on USPS delayed. Read on the RCon20 discord that a size fit so I’m trying it out. Badger fitting are quite a bit smaller. 

I needed up buying the Badger Aspire Pro compressor Lovejoy recommended (and most other things) off Amazon. (I know, I know-USA Airbrush Supply was out, and this is my first foray into airbrushing.) I purchased my hose and cleaning kit from TCPGlobal.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

I needed up buying the Badger Aspire Pro compressor Lovejoy recommended (and most other things) off Amazon. (I know, I know-USA Airbrush Supply was out, and this is my first foray into airbrushing.) I purchased my hose and cleaning kit from TCPGlobal.

FYI, if there are abrashive brushes in there, DO NOT use them on the airbrush. I am not sure if Reaper's warranty will be the same a badger's, but if it is, using those will void warranty.

• Thanks 3

my cleaning kit is a couple of soft interdental brushes, one with the end clipped off and glued to the end of a wire, some cheneille pipe cleaners for wiping, and an old cheap brush from one of those craft brush packs with the stiff bristles that's great for cleaning out the cup.