On 9/9/2020 at 7:34 PM, TaleSpinner said:

Update:

image.thumb.png.919a64176f7e6a0bada137bb83a88ce8.png

The spiky tentacles weren't printing right, so I adjusted them and made them a bit closer to canon.

Murder Flumph! I love it :wub:

• Like 5

Super cute/fun!  And the Forces of Lawful Good will be pleased to see another one of their kind rendered in miniature.  ;^)

Could you fudge the tentacles together so the whole thing could be cast in one piece? 

If it's in metal, you can sculpt it mostly flat/castable, but then count on the buyer to bend the ends of the tentacles out-of-plane.

Knowing there were some Flumphophiles among the Forumites, I've given passing thought to how to sculpt one or more in Greenstuff, but not actually done any work on the idea.

I would run some wires between the base and the body-disc, and combine most of the dangling tentacles as a mass with some strategically composed gaps, only hinting at the individual strands rather than plotting them all out;  then add a few distinct tentacles that flare out to the sides, in the same mold-plane as the eyes so it could be cast as one simple piece. Do 2 or 3 variations for sale as a blisterpack.

... Really it's just stealing Julie's design for the sinuous seaweed under the anglerfish in the Familiar Pack VII (aquatic familiars):  https://www.reapermini.com/search/fish guthrie/latest/02948

Derek

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I've got the two flumph sculpts from Pacesetter Games (ex Center Stage) and they are pretty neat, but this new piece is head and shoulders above those in terms of detail.  Can't wait to see the finished product.

The Egg 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1