Adrift and at Peace: Resin Miniature Kits of Man and Nature

Not useful for gaming, but they look like lovely painting challenges:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcticencounter/adrift-and-at-peace-resin-miniature-kits-of-man-and-nature

Arctic Encounter is a model displaying a traditional Greenland kayak hunter in a peaceful moment witnessing two narwhals - a mother and calf - passing by. The hunter silently observes, draws his paddle from water in order not to disturb them. The model is scale 54mm (1:32), and the kayak is about 16 cm. The whales are about 10 and 16 cm long for calf and mother, respectfully. I aim to make this as historically accurate as possible, but will take some freedom to adapt to the medium and make it visually interesting.   

I won’t lie, there are a lot of parts. And tiny parts too. And you have to assemble harpoon, harness and bladder with wire, and lots of little bones and wire to hold everything in place. I will include a detailed instruction in kit. Don’t worry, it will be fun!    

9819af52fe7f383221ac4c48800bce2c_origina
460da6f739d04ec68461fc78fdeb7bf1_origina
6e4c99ff9a3c3a5f0dc36300efa86e34_origina All the different parts of ‘Arctic Encounter’

The Wanderer is a model showing a hiker on a hill with her dog, a Malinois Shepherd, resting and enjoying the view. She has a bottle of water in hand, but the set also comes with interchangable hands holding a wine bottle or a gun, allowing you to tell other stories with the model. She comes with a detailed backpack. The model is size 1:20, or 90 mm. The model comes with a large scenic round resin base. The base is about 95 mm in diameter. 

aa4b53930a15a7ae9dd3564cbf78f09a_origina
8e45e05886916b4edc531c779166fd40_origina
ad202aa7a6f8120ad42466434008cbee_origina
55d12529094c4998e71527ad74f4413a_origina
  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.