Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Heckna! Cosmic Carnival Horror Setting (5e D&D)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hitpointpress/heckna-cosmic-carnival-horror-campaign-setting-for-5e-dnd

Makers of Humblewood 5e Setting & other rpg products. I'm gonna back, just not sure which one. Most likely the pdf & choice of card deck, but what card deck is the question. I'll probably add on a couple things as well. I'd love the deluxe box set but that is over my budget for a non-Reaper KS.

8615b6fd26908f77463ad88877cdeda9_origina

f02a925ad2a54cf06993e776d3dfcda8_origina

• Like 3

Yes. Absolutely yes. Didn't even bother really looking at the description - the theme alone is enough for me to back it. I have enough "typical fantasy" supplements already, and can really use something different.

And of course, have to back at the highest level for those popcorn dice.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Otyugh
      Weird mini of the moment...

This one is some real heavy metal!

It just looks like a pile of intestines with a couple of mouths. Should have given them a dark green grayish wash to tone down the Pepto look.

• By Neptune1999
      Matthias the Twisted was insanely fun to paint, he's definitely  one of my favorite undead models, and one of Bobby Jackson's more eerie characters. 
      Despite it being the bane to Castlevania fans everywhere, i took inspiration for the hunter from Simon off of the cover of the Castlevania 2 box art. What a game haha. Sorry for the pictures being a bit blurry, but C&C is surely appreciated. 

• By Rahz
      So I am currently running my group (we've been playing since the Red Box or 2nd depending on the players and have dabbled through multiple other RP systems over the years) through a mixed campaign of the Lost Mine of Phandelver and Out of the Abyss (Players were contacted to help find the lost Mine and were kidnapped by the red cape-wearing bandits while in town who turned out to be working for the Drow and they end up in the Underdark in Out of the Abyss.  They are almost out of the Underdark which should lead them back to resolve the Phandelver mess before they get the summons to return to the Dark).  

This is my group's second foray into 5e with our first being a painful run through Hoard of the Dragon Queen (we forced the one guy who has never DMed to DM and got what I expected) and when I read the powers/abilities for most monsters I find them boring/flat.  Even elementals and non-humanoid creatures slam, bash, poke, bite once, maybe twice a turn and then sit there.  Greater deamons and other powerful beings do pretty much the same with huge hit point numbers.  Very few have reactive or AoE abilities, or "meta" abilities that control the battlefield, move the PCs...  I've picked up a number of other collections of beasties (Tome of Beasts, Monster Manual Expanded vol I & II, Creature Codex), some of which offer some very cool ideas for fluff, but the abilities still, for the most part, fall under the "I move and then hit you 1 or 2 times.   I reskin things all the time and ad-lib a fair bit during my sessions and try to flavour up the descriptions of whatever the creatures/enemies are doing to my poor PCs, but even then, having a tested base makes it easier to go off-script when I know the numbers and math underneath is sound.  So far adding additional creature types, often using the old 4th minion rules has helped, but not every encounter should consist of a battalion of foes.  

I'm just wondering if I'm missing something... 
    • By Durmald
      I really like this book.

• Who's Online   16 Members, 3 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)