Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By insaniak
      StackaRack is a customisable plastic rack for miniature paints, designed to hold pots or bottles from any of the major manufacturers.

Paint collections have a way of growing organically, and most of the current paint rack solutions out there are fixed to specific configurations, and made for a specific type of paint pot. If you're like me, and collect multiple brands of paint, that can make organising them a little frustrating, and so we thought we would try to fix that.

StackaRack was designed to hold any of the major miniature paint ranges - from the dropper bottles used by Vallejo and Army Painter, to the tall pots from the likes of Privateer and Reaper (and GW's old range), and the current stubby Citadel pots. The injection moulded plastic parts will fit together with plastic clips, allowing you to build it how you like, and disassemble and reconfigure it as needed.

Check out the project live on Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spiralarmstudios/stackarack?ref=acpi8t
    • By SparrowMarie
      I'd never felt I had an artistic bone in my body until I started painting minis. Well, now, I decided I'm going to try my hand at 2D art. 

I am following along Bob Ross videos on YouTube. I will note, and this is probably very important, that I am using acrylic paint and not oils. I did not want to spend oil paint prices since this is a new thing for me.

These are the two I've done:

Day 1: I learned a lot, I needed to do something with my paint to extend the drying time. This would have helped with the blending. Overall, happy with it excepting the house.

2: I used some slow dry medium mixed into the paint today. Not sure if it was not mixed well enough or I didn't use enough but it only gave me like 5 minutes or less of extra working time. If anyone has any suggestions for how to use slow dry medium, please, let me know. I'm using heavy bodied acrylic tube paints.

I followed along until the end and I decided to add some darker blue and green. I think that helped a lot.

Another note, need to find sturdier paper. While this is holding up it likes to curl slightly while drying. The second one is taped to the desk on the back to try to minimize that problem. I am currently using a mixed media paper.

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi all.  Another entry in my winter-themed minis.  This guy was intended to serve as the BBEG in my Frostrun campaign.  Kriger was the descendant of a greedy half-giant king who's line had been cursed to undeath.  Kriger sought to lead an army of Draugr and vikings to reclaim his family throne.  This "chaos warrior" model from Bones 4 was perfect.

More Below the Spoiler:

I really like how this guy turned out.  He was one of those minis where I really pushed myself and tried some different things.  I think it shows.  Hopefully I'll get to continue his story, and return to my Frostrun game.  Maybe by then I'll have found some suitable viking-esque warriors to accompany him.

For more of my winter minis, check out my Frostrun Project HERE.
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Hi there.  I've got a boney baddie for you all today.  I was disappointed by the official mini offerings for a Skull Lord (a skeletal warrior with 3 heads), and it seemed like the perfect candidate for a bit of conversion.  A few citadel skulls later and...

For the observant viewer, you'll notice the Skeletal Champion's original head at the bottom of the bone pile.  His skull was a bit too bulky compared to the citadel skulls and the sculpt didn't really leave enough room for three heads so I had to cut away some of the shoulder armor.

All said, this was a pretty simple conversion and will make for a fun fight in the future.

To see more of my winter-themed minis, check out my Frostrun Project HERE.
    • By MoonglowMinis
      A winter storm buried my part of the globe in snow last night so I'm filling a bit chilly.  So today's the perfect day to show off these frigid little birds from Bones 4.

More Below the Spoiler:

These were a fun little set, though they took me longer to do than I anticipated.  So much black and white really killed my motivation.  Glad they're done and decently satisfied with the results.  They make a nice addition to my winter collection.  If you want to see more of my wintery minis, check out my ongoing Frostrun Project Here

How's the weather where you live?
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)