Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Starship V - Sleipnir, Crew Miniatures and Deck Designer

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2nddynasty/starship-v-sleipnir-crew-miniatures-and-deck-designer/description

Are we streaming live? If so, join us on Twitch and get into the chat to directly ask questions or provide feedback.

b89b70f8e95342b9a1ea0d8d036a5f8b_origina
567d82a1a3490bff4797f7d83fcfbaf1_origina
a895c49ba21f421459bb427c513dddde_origina

The Sleipnir is a vertical vessel built like a small building. Unlike our past ships, which are mostly science fantasy in nature, the Sleipnir is a hard science fiction design. It does not try to bend the laws of physics (well, with the exception of fuel source of course). Indeed, it relies on the acceleration of constant thrust while under way from it's fusion torch engines to provide a semblance of gravity, but will experience periods of microgravity while the ship is not breaking or accelerating.

It features:

• 28-mm scale highly detailed modular interior and exterior
  • 11 Decks of content, from the bridge to engineering
  • Easily disassembled and reassembled using an OpenLOCK peg system
  • Stacks onto your gaming table to create horizontal slices for play on each deck, creating a 3D deck plan of the interior.
  • Designed to use expansion tiles to increase the size, deck numbers or interior of the ship
  • Armed with 4 retractable, print-in-place functional point defence canons
  • Five engine configuration
  • Three points of entry - a crew airlock, cargo airlock, and engineering maintenance airlock.
  • Support for engine lighting and other internal lighting options.

We have an imgur gallery of our recent shoot with the ship if you want to see more of the exterior and set.

• Length at Scale: 49.5 m / 165 ft.
  •  Width and Breadth at Scale: 15.7 m / 52 ft. 6 in.
4bd4f9ebdf4a8d8a719b222e1a5118c3_origina
bf70baa74b979bfbf8904026bafc0b3c_origina
8358b1289cd0f2d5a1a95d8af2457274_origina

Since Starship III, you guys have been demanding more crew miniatures. This time, we wanted to turn the miniatures up to 11. We have worked with two renowned Patreon sculptors, Papsikels and Cult of Pickle to bring you a new series of miniatures.

b3e98beee5f0ffd6defd73c078beeef0_origina From left to right, Lana, Katarzyna, Kimiko, Günter and Daz, painted by David Woods

We have five standard crew on offer. As the campaign progresses, we will unlock alternative poses and perhaps even brand new crew members of the Sleipnir, which has enough room for 11 crew members without hot bunking.

Sculpted by Papsikels, with additional sculpts by the Cult of Pickle, our crew represents a mish-mash of Terrans, Martians and Spacers.

9354954a26152c40ee9b8cdfcb04cbe4_origina

We have prepared an imgur gallery of the minis, all designed by Papsikels, printed by Proteus 3D Modelling, and painted by David Woods.

65ef639a7c3d6da43d83d101219d4edf_origina

We also present our deck planning software, Deck Designer. We are developing this software, currently in a closed beta with a demo, to help make building and customising ships both easier for ourselves and for our customers. Amongst other things, it features:

• Load standard layouts for existing 2nd Dynasty ships and variants
  • Provide a print list for you to print off parts on your 3d printer
  • User can import additional parts and import them into 
  • Supports importing other STLs from 3rd parties
9397fe7a5d0b0274af8be35783bccc64_origina

The beta of Deck Designer (mostly functional) will go live to those who backed at Deck Designer Pledge Levels around the same time as the Sleipnir and miniatures go live.

• Like 4

Certainly not based on the Rocinante.

Still very tempting.  I'll get a 3D printer someday, right?

Ron

• Like 1

I have printed their Beta scout in its basic configuration.  I may have to actually get in on this one.  The configuration tool sounds like it could be particularly fun to play with and it also might fix one of the biggest issues I had with the existing ships:  the instructions for construction.  There are limited views and layouts to determine how things go together.  being able to rotate and turn the whole thing would make assembly a lot easier!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I have printed their Beta scout in its basic configuration.  I may have to actually get in on this one.  The configuration tool sounds like it could be particularly fun to play with and it also might fix one of the biggest issues I had with the existing ships:  the instructions for construction.  There are limited views and layouts to determine how things go together.  being able to rotate and turn the whole thing would make assembly a lot easier!

The configuration tool does look neat. I will probably end up backing, because cool.....but I have yet to print anything from their prior KSs. :down:

3 hours ago, KruleBear said:

The configuration tool does look neat. I will probably end up backing, because cool.....but I have yet to print anything from their prior KSs. :down:

My scout.  i will probably start printing the fighters this week.  need something neat to keep me upbeat during company budget season!

Okay, I Pledged.  couldn't resist.  i will probably add the shuttle and the Delta as well because, well, just because.  Guess i better get back to printing spaceship parts...

20200704_114718.thumb.jpg.d8ec3eb1ae50df45aa0cb650cc4217dd.jpg20200704_114837.thumb.jpg.3e25ad9b1f7cc4a3f263d118f8643644.jpg20200704_114538.thumb.jpg.e002144c9c4a7e9f5fa9b302767d32e8.jpg

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 2nd Dynasty said:

Thanks for posting here. @Kangaroorex yeah, Deck Designer should take care of the issues with planning and building. Looking forward to it myself!

I'm looking forward to the new ship!  I still have to do some fill and then paint the ship.  I love the designs though, and I plan to use this Kickstarter to fill out the other ships from previous kickstarters.

• Like 1