Sign in to follow this  
Xiwo Xerase

Reaper 02981: Lonnia, Female Duelist

She came out really well. The sword and the nice reds particularly draw the eye. Sorry, I don't know anime so I don't know what you were aiming for.  The base could be smoother if you were trying to do a marble floor. 

• Thanks 1

Excellent use of color on the blouse and corset to bring out the details. And it’s certainly hard to freehand stripes on pants like that, great job!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The metal on that sword is singing! 

This is an appealing bright/bold color scheme. 

A further step would be to punch up the highlights on the boots and/or the orange silk by a couple of levels to indicate reflected light, and the increased contrast on them would draw your eye away from the blade and around the rest of the mini.

Keep up the good work!

Derek

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for all of the comments!

On 9/12/2020 at 12:31 AM, Inarah said:

The base could be smoother if you were trying to do a marble floor.

I agree.  The idea was to have a weathered floor but I don't think marble would have worn that roughly.  The pattern cut into the base could have been better handled with smaller incisions and creating a separate band of color.

On 9/12/2020 at 12:45 AM, GBPrime said:

And it’s certainly hard to freehand stripes on pants like that

I wiped out and redid her pants four times to get the stripes right and still had to clean up the edges a few times.  They may have taken slightly more time than the sword.

20 hours ago, dks said:

The metal on that sword is singing! 

This is an appealing bright/bold color scheme. 

A further step would be to punch up the highlights on the boots and/or the orange silk by a couple of levels to indicate reflected light, and the increased contrast on them would draw your eye away from the blade and around the rest of the mini.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you!  The NMM on the sword took longer than I expected.  It was the last thing I finished.  I took multiple sets of pictures on the last day to make sure the blending looked right.

I never thought about making the ribbon silk.  I agree with your comments about adding higher highlights on the ribbon and boots.  I'll keep that in mind for the next display-ish mini I paint.

• Like 1