Sign in to follow this  
Kangaroorex

20 miniatures in 10 days

Everything looks good. Sometimes figures just need to be painted and put on the table. The pigs are great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your pigs and cart make me think of the old "A Claymation Christmas Celebration" special that no longer gets shown on tv. Here we come a-wallowing...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone.  The pigs were a lot of fun to paint and I got a lot of satisfaction out of finishing all of these, even if they aren't top notch.

I also enjoyed Mocha's @Mocha (I think i have that right) class from reapercon to completely paint a Rocky from bones to finished in less than 3 hours.  He came out great and I have started painting the others with a second one finished and another started.  They really are great fun and the class really gave me a lot of tools I didn't have before (or didn't use, not sure which, but the mini came out great!)  

The others were a combination, some of them basic paint wash highlight and some with more advanced stuff or experiments (like the deamon imps that are yellow with a thinned contrast red for their skin)  

Anyway, its an experiment I will definitely need to try again!

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      The flickering glow of the torchlight illuminates the dusty, hieroglyphic-covered walls of the forgotten tomb.  Moonglow clings to his hat as he carefully scans for signs of the hidden entrance.  A small indentation betrays the location of a door in the stone wall.  Carefully, the adventurer pushes his way through.

The room is barren and dark, except for a single pillar of light shining down upon a small pedestal.  On top sits a small box.

Moonglow carefully crosses the chamber and approaches the box.  He lifts the lid and peers inside.

"Ah, there's my old minis!"

Who's Your Mummy?

Today I felt like sharing some more of my older work that hasn't been posted on the forums yet.  This time it's the Bones mummies that are getting the spotlight.

These mummies were one of my first large painting projects.  It seemed impressive at the time to be working on 8 things simultaneously.  They're a bit dusty from all the drybrushing, but I think they look the part, and I'm a fan of the red-gold color scheme I settled on.

More Photos beneath the spoiler:

These were a fun little set and were perfect adversaries when my players visited the City of Time and sought to stop a Lich's return to power.  After failing once an resetting the clock, they had to fight their way through a mummy-filled temple complete with crawling claws and sand-filling rooms to stop the Mummy Lord from returning to his former Lich status.

What's your favorite mummy encounter?
    • By Citrine
      I just cannot get this mini to come out the way I want.  This is my second attempt, and I got just a stuck as the first time.  I finally decided to just finish it and call it done.

Reaper Bones Spirit of the Forest (SKU 77184)

• By Ooook
      A small group of Goblins to use as opponents in Sellsword & Spellslingers or any other game. 

(clic on the picture to see more on my blog)

• By Citrine
      This is the Reaper Bones Dire Bear (SKU 77494).  This was another test of contrast paint, this time over a base of skin color.  I think it turned out pretty good, and it was fast, which is always a plus when trying to conquer the mini mountain.

• By elfonamouse
      Working on the Stone Giant. I'm looking for any constructive criticism but especially of the highlighting on the flesh. Not sure if I am finished or if it needs more highlights on the flesh. Everything else just is base colors and has not been worked on other than that.  He came missing the the left hand and club. 

• Who's Online   25 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)