Sign in to follow this  
Fencig

Giants in Metal, .......what did you buy this week

splurged this week and picked up some classics. Click to expand

P1010733.thumb.JPG.7719b23caf09fc5a520aa373567bdf1b.JPG

from left (smallest) to right (largest)

1) The classic Ral Partha Fire Giant 11-407. I posted a repaired and painted version few weeks ago, this one is intact but is crudely painted

2) At close to the same Size, the RAFM Iron  Lords Series RAF3713 Forrest giant- not a bad little figure, but nothing special except for the two Raccoons hitching a ride on his back

3) Grenadier Forrest Giant 3504 from the Giant's club boxed sets. This is a really nice sculpt, the face is awesome and the clothes are finely detailed. alas i don't have the rest of the stuff that came with it , Dead boars and a stone pillar

4) at about the same size-Grenadier Fantasy Lords #103 Frost Giant in blister, comes with a little Treasure pile but there's nothing about this one that jumps out at me

5) Ral Partha Frost Giant, this one is a recast of   01-042, really nice sculpt, will need a base as  it's a little tippy

6) , Grenaider Storm Giant #114, I prefer  this one over the tiny Ral Partha version but that left arm is hard to get on

7) Last but not least, Grenadier Chaos Giant 3506 from the Giant's club boxed sets. This Giant has a Tail and Reptilian features,   complete with cowering victim and small obelisk. It's one of my favorites now

what did you buy this week?

• Like 8

I used to have 1, 2, 4, and 5... Still have the guy with the two raccoons and have since re-acquired the fire giant.

• Like 3

1 is a very cool sculpt and sells for a lot on ebay, the one i just got came in a cheap lot of a dozen  or so assorted. 4 is hard to get at a decent price too, not sure why. 5 is readily available from Iron Wind brand new and lead free

I'm going ot have call it done at some point but a few more i still want , like the Cloud giant which is the largest one. There's some really strange  ones too, what the heck is a Hecatron?

800px-RP-aa-10-304h.jpg

• Like 2

I always assumed it was the guy's name... Back in the day I painted him with black skin as a fire giant, although I could easily see him as a frost giant as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

I always assumed it was the guy's name... Back in the day I painted him with black skin as a fire giant, although I could easily see him as a frost giant as well.

I think that is correct; that it was a specific name out of the Ral Partha house game...

• Like 1