Sign in to follow this  
NecroMancer

Paint desk

On 9/14/2020 at 1:39 PM, NecroMancer said:

@Clearman is correct they are from AK Interactive. They were from the Asset Drop box for last month.  I dont know what kind of paint selection they have but I have a sepia ink, bronze mettalic, and crackle medium.  They also make a great Matte Varnish

AK I's line is pretty much like standard paint lines. When they re-launched the line with the new caps they knew people like to  put a drop on the tops so the depression has a spot for that.

Copied from a blog post:

AK Interactive’s new Generation 3 paints promise a new evolution in acrylic paints. Boasting a range of well over 200 paints, mediums, primers, and effects, they’re one of the most ambitious paint lines ever launched. Luckily enough, HQ sent some out to us trenchrunners to get our first impressions along with some more thorough thoughts (that content will be arriving shortly, so check in often!). AK’s promises with this line are pretty bold, and I’m excited to see if they live up to them. I’ve been using them for about five days, and I’ve definitely formulated a few opinions in the process. Firstly, one of the things I genuinely love about this line is something so simple: their caps and color-coding system. Every cap is designed with a tiny well to accept a small dollop of paint. It makes it easy to find the paints you want, especially when they’re tucked together in a crowded rack, by quick glance. Likewise, the AK Interactive symbol is color-coded according to the paint’s properties. The pigment-dense “intense” paints are yellow; the general acrylics, orange; metals, blue. It’s simple, smart, and practical—three of my favorite things!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Harrek said:

Where do you vent the air booth?

I just wear a respirator and pull the booth away from the wall and just use the vent on the booth

5 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I just wear a respirator and pull the booth away from the wall and just use the vent on the booth

So anything that the booth fan pulls out that it’s filter does not catch just goes out the back at the wall?

Edited by Harrek
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Harrek said:

So anything that the booth fan pulls out that it’s filter does not catch just goes out the back at the wall?

That's how mine's set up. It's fine if you only use paints where just particulate is the concern. There is going to be more acrylic dust in the air from what the fan doesn't suck up than there will be from what the filter misses. That's why you need to wear a respirator even if you're venting it outside. If you're using paint with toxic vapor it's a different story, that should alway be vented out of the room, if you can't you shouldn't spray it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Yeah I only spray acrylics so I'm not too worried about it

Just be careful about the "only acrylics" thing. Being labeled acrylic does not guarantee anything. You don't want to be spraying Tamiya acrylics unless you're venting it outside for example. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1