The Mandalorian: Season 2 Trailer

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, strawhat said:

Excited and disappointed at the same time.  I was really hoping for a couple glimpses of known guest-stars in the trailer.

While I think I know which guest star/s you mean :B):,  the woman in the hood is known guest star Sasha Banks, who is rumored by some to be portraying Sabine Wren. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Chris Palmer said:

the woman in the hood is known guest star Sasha Banks

The WWE wrestler? I don't follow WWE anymore, and no insult meant to her, but can she act (apart from wrestling "acting")? Cuz I've seen some bad movies made with wrestlers trying to follow in the Rock's footsteps...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

The WWE wrestler? I don't follow WWE anymore, and no insult meant to her, but can she act (apart from wrestling "acting")? Cuz I've seen some bad movies made with wrestlers trying to follow in the Rock's footsteps...

"Yes" to the first.

"Probably" to the second, but who knows how much will be required of her.  I'm putting my trust in Favreau and Filoni.

2 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

While I think I know which guest star/s you mean :B):,  the woman in the hood is known guest star Sasha Banks, who is rumored by some to be portraying Sabine Wren. 

I'm pretty sure you do, too.  Not being into the WWE, it took Nerdist to lay it out for me.  I didn't even know she was someone "special" (even if not on the same line as Rosario Dawson, Michael Biehn, Timothy Olyphant, or Temuera Morrison.  But I do understand why they're keeping those under wraps...even though I've heard that they filmed a special "preview only" scene for Dawson.

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

That is one of the best fight scenes I never saw!

The Auld Grump

*Tertiation!*

I got a (little more than a) chuckle out of that.

Quadration!  There were lots of good stories and plenty of insight into the series.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Sometimes a so-so actor, even a bad actor can fit very well in a role that plays to his strengths.

As cases in point for well chosen wrestlers - Drax the Destroyer fit Dave Batista like a glove. Or Andre the Giant in Princess Bride.  Erland van Lidth  may or may not count - he was an amateur wrestler, but a professional opera singer before being in Stir Crazy with Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 6
7 hours ago, strawhat said:

Excited and disappointed at the same time.  I was really hoping for a couple glimpses of known guest-stars in the trailer.

"This is The Way."

Always leave them wanting more, I guess.  Still, only a month and a half!

That might give me enough time to watch 3 episodes......:lol:

• Like 4
5 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:
8 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Sometimes a so-so actor, even a bad actor can fit very well in a role that plays to his strengths.

As cases in point for well chosen wrestlers - Drax the Destroyer fit Dave Batista like a glove. Or Andre the Giant in Princess Bride.  Erland van Lidth  may or may not count - he was an amateur wrestler, but a professional opera singer before being in Stir Crazy with Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder.

The Auld Grump

And not to forget Gina Carano, who plays Cara Dune. She started in the MMA.(Mixed Martial Arts)  Granted she’s no Dame Judy Dench in the acting department, but she’s made a nice career in parts that highlight her skills as a fighter, not to mention her basic physicality and the way she moves.  

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

And not to forget Gina Carano, who plays Cara Dune. She started in the MMA.(Mixed Martial Arts)  Granted she’s no Dame Judy Dench in the acting department, but she’s made a nice career in parts that highlight her skills as a fighter, not to mention her basic physicality and the way she moves.  

Yeah, but Gina Carano has also had a couple miserable movies. I watched one a few months ago, Scorched Earth, and oh boy... it was almost as bad as watching Michael Madsen in a non-Tarantino film.

MMA competitors in general have no transitioned well into acting. She is the exception. Randy Couture has had some films, but a lot of been direct-to-video, and I wouldn't call his performance stunning.

I do believe the wrestlers have the edge in transitioning, as they have some basis in acting.

11 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

As cases in point for well chosen wrestlers - Drax the Destroyer fit Dave Batista like a glove. Or Andre the Giant in Princess Bride.

Touche, sir. Batista's work is only getting better.

• Like 3

I've said this before, but Bautista was the perfect Bond sub-villain for the Daniel Craig era: Silent and hulking, solid and unrelenting, menacing but without wit enough to demand verbal sparring from the dull-tongued hero. He was kinda the best part of Spectre.

Anyway, I still need to finish the first season. It wad good, but I'unno. Just kinda wandered off.

Is Timothy Olyphant gonna be in the second? That might speed up my catchup.

16 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The Auld Grump

Alex Karras, Blazing Saddles! Punching out the horse!

Mongo but pawn in game of life.

Until Grump I had never seen Blazing Saddles OR Young Frankenstein!

• Like 3