Jump to content

The Mandalorian: Season 2 Trailer


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Marvin said:

I've said this before, but Bautista was the perfect Bond sub-villain for the Daniel Craig era: Silent and hulking, solid and unrelenting, menacing but without wit enough to demand verbal sparring from the dull-tongued hero. He was kinda the best part of Spectre.

 

Anyway, I still need to finish the first season. It wad good, but I'unno. Just kinda wandered off.

 

Is Timothy Olyphant gonna be in the second? That might speed up my catchup.

 

Yes, he's in the second season.  I'm guessing that Olyphant's episodes will coincide with Temuera Morrison's.

 

Now to figure out where Katee Sackhoff fits in (I can't believe that A) I forgot to mention her yesterday and B) Nonnuh youse guys called me on it)!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At last, it has dropped!   I have spoken.   https://youtu.be/eW7Twd85m2g    

*secondation   :D 

Sometimes a so-so actor, even a bad actor can fit very well in a role that plays to his strengths.   As cases in point for well chosen wrestlers - Drax the Destroyer fit Dave Batista like a

31 minutes ago, strawhat said:

Now to figure out where Katee Sackhoff fits in (I can't believe that A) I forgot to mention her yesterday and B) Nonnuh youse guys called me on it)!


Katie Sackoff is playing Bo Katan. 


 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:


Katie Sackoff is playing Bo Katan. 


 

 

OK, that I knew.

 

I was more wondering if it'll be a flashback to (maybe to Mandalore), a mini-arc, something else?

 

There is a truckload going on (or at least it feels that way) this season.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, watching the trailer for the umpteenth time, it's finally time I mention this, as it's been bugging me for quite some time. 

In the Force Awakens they're treating the Jedi as if anyone barely anyone remembers them. 

But the Jedi were a prominent part of the Clone Wars, and the Clone Wars was a prominent event in the Galactic Republic. 

 

The time line between ep 3, where the Jedi were mostly destroyed, and ep 7 is about 50-55 years, right?  That's quite a number of years, but still within a lot of people's lifetimes. And even more so within the lifetimes of several alien species, such as Wookies and whatever Yoda's race is.  I mean, I'm 55, and I know several important things about not only the Vietnam War, but the Korean War, WW2 and even WW1. 

And now they're doing the same thing in the Mandalorian, which is what, 30 years after ep 3?  The name Jedi should not be something people have never heard of. 



 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kristof65 said:

OK, watching the trailer for the umpteenth time, it's finally time I mention this, as it's been bugging me for quite some time. 

In the Force Awakens they're treating the Jedi as if anyone barely anyone remembers them. 

But the Jedi were a prominent part of the Clone Wars, and the Clone Wars was a prominent event in the Galactic Republic. 

 

The time line between ep 3, where the Jedi were mostly destroyed, and ep 7 is about 50-55 years, right?  That's quite a number of years, but still within a lot of people's lifetimes. And even more so within the lifetimes of several alien species, such as Wookies and whatever Yoda's race is.  I mean, I'm 55, and I know several important things about not only the Vietnam War, but the Korean War, WW2 and even WW1. 

And now they're doing the same thing in the Mandalorian, which is what, 30 years after ep 3?  The name Jedi should not be something people have never heard of. 



 

I suspect that the Jedi themselves kept semi-secret.

 

That fewer people knew or believed in the Jedi than you might suspect.

 

Remember, the Republic and later The Empire spanned an entire galaxy, and that there were only hundreds of Jedi for tens of thousands of worlds - most worlds would never see a Jedi, let alone most people.

 

Then add in the Jedi deliberately cloaking themselves - people forget about the Jedi because the Jedi want them to forget.

 

And the Empire also wants them to forget.

 

People remember the Jedi when the Jedi want them to remember, and when the Jedi are there before them.

 

There are likely a huge number of paranoid conspiracy theories about them - making it less likely people will believe them as real.

 

Once you throw in mind cloaking abilities, things get weird, especially when both sides with those powers want people to forget..

 

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kristof65 said:

OK, watching the trailer for the umpteenth time, it's finally time I mention this, as it's been bugging me for quite some time. 

In the Force Awakens they're treating the Jedi as if anyone barely anyone remembers them. 

But the Jedi were a prominent part of the Clone Wars, and the Clone Wars was a prominent event in the Galactic Republic. 

 

The time line between ep 3, where the Jedi were mostly destroyed, and ep 7 is about 50-55 years, right?  That's quite a number of years, but still within a lot of people's lifetimes. And even more so within the lifetimes of several alien species, such as Wookies and whatever Yoda's race is.  I mean, I'm 55, and I know several important things about not only the Vietnam War, but the Korean War, WW2 and even WW1. 

And now they're doing the same thing in the Mandalorian, which is what, 30 years after ep 3?  The name Jedi should not be something people have never heard of.

 

This is what happens when you sell Disney your intellectual property.

 

The expanded universe books done when Lucas still had the reins was better (that is, until they let Salvatore write one). But honestly, I'd have sold for my IP for that much money too. I wonder if they still print those books...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CashWiley said:

To be honest, I thought Mando WAS Timothy Olyphant. The walk, the voice and delivery. Straight out of Deadwood.

 

I still wish he had been cast as Mando!

 

Considering the current rumor is that Pedro Pascal quite the production half-way through, who know what will happen.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Clearman said:

 

Considering the current rumor is that Pedro Pascal quite the production half-way through, who know what will happen.

I was wondering what some of those things popping up in my Google feed were about, something something The Mandalorian being phased out of the series.. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

My Google feed has been my primary source as well, and a LOT of the articles are click-baity, so take it all with a grain of salt. 

 

The main rumors that I've heard are 1) Interference by Disney, and 2) the show takes a big turn plot wise mid-season, and 3) Pedro Pascal left the production.  They all loosely reinforce each other, but I leave them firmly in the realm of rumor.  I trust Favreau and Filoni to tell a good story regardless. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clearman said:

My Google feed has been my primary source as well, and a LOT of the articles are click-baity, so take it all with a grain of salt. 

 

The main rumors that I've heard are 1) Interference by Disney, and 2) the show takes a big turn plot wise mid-season, and 3) Pedro Pascal left the production.  They all loosely reinforce each other, but I leave them firmly in the realm of rumor.  I trust Favreau and Filoni to tell a good story regardless. 

Yeah, the click bait is why I went "eh, I'll see for myself when it comes out".  Same reasoning is why I haven't watched the trailer for season 2 yet, and probably won't. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The rumors had been flying for a couple weeks.

 

I bumped into them on YouTube and, being starved for Star Wars, I took a gamble on a couple videos that looked like they might have some credibility.

 

So, yeah, the rumor I got was that Pedro Pascal was unhappy with how much face-time he was(n't) getting, didn't like wearing the armor, and was (in general) wanting more money.  He allegedly thought that he had worked out a deal with Favreau/Filoni, but was upset when that turned out to not be the case.  In response, it is alleged that he left filming.

 

Now, as much as I hate to say it and as much as I loved Pascal's performance in Season 1, I think that the show can survive without him (either as someone else doing the voice, or even with the demise of Din Djarin)--If that's the way things break down.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, strawhat said:

So, yeah, the rumor I got was that Pedro Pascal was unhappy with how much face-time he was(n't) getting

 

I like Pascal. But truly great actors don't complain about the amount of face-time. Hugo Weaving in V for Vendetta had one scene without the mask, and I consider that role to be one of his best performances because you couldn't see his face; he used all his skill to compensate. And there's also Karl Urban in Dredd, and you basically only see his chin and mouth. Would never have known that was him without knowing he was in it at the time I saw it.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

In general, I agree.

 

But I believe there's a difference between doing a series (even a short run like The Mandalorian) and a single movie.  Maybe he's more claustrophobic than he thought, and the helmet wigs him out. *shrug*   Still damned unprofessional, if true, to walk in the middle of the season.

 

But I'm still gonna watch it and probably love every minute of it!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...