Half Dragon Gelatinous Cube!!! Combining 77625 Kyphrixis with 77305: Gelatinous Cube

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/16/2020 at 2:13 PM, MoonglowMinis said:

It would seem dragons have the same proclivities as bards.

How do you know it wasn't the cube, who happened to be a bard, who seduced the dragon with a large shiny gem?

The wonders of polymorph spells (wildshape, shapechange, or whatever weird class/racial ability).

The grandparents must be so... confused.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Haha 6

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TaleSpinner
      For the ReaperCon MSP Open this year, I painted the master copy of the White Drake I sculpted for Dark Sword (it will be released for sale in 2022).  I decided to do him in glacial coloration inspired by a glacier I saw while on a cruise in AK.

For the Sculpting story, click here.
      For the Painting WIP, click here.

Oh, and I won a gold medal for him in the Open category. 

(Bear in mind that that is a 1" base)

• By veoviscool12
      This is the second miniature I've ever painted, and the first with Reaper paints. I figured that a brush holder would come in handy for the all the Bones V painting in my future! The only Reaper paints I own are the Bones V paints (Learn to Paint kit and the two collections), plus two bottles of Reaper MSP 9038 Rainy Gray.

Overall I'm really pleased with the way this first attempt worked out! I primed everything with 9038 Rainy Gray, then put on the base coats. The wings and ears gave me the most trouble as I had generously overpainted with 9410 Dragon Green, and was attempting a wet blend with 09468 Brilliant Red and 09218 Lava Orange. They required seven or eight coats before I got solid coverage over the green. Once everything was painted and cleaned up, I did a dry brush highlight pass, and then sealed it with two coats of Rust-oleum Crystal Clear Enamel and one coat of Testors Dullcote. I waited 24 hours between each coat to give it plenty of time to dry. I also masked off the gold pile prior to the Dullcote to make sure it would stay shiny.

Some things that could have been better:

The eyes should have been a different color to make them pop, instead of disappearing in the face. Additionally the right eye is quite muddy and the pupil gets lost amidst all the black veins. I was getting tired of working on Rocky at this point and wanted to get it finished. Ideally the eye would have been repainted. The left eye is better, but still gets lost in all the green. I forgot that my wash darkens the mini, and didn't paint in brighter colors to compensate, which means overall it's quite muted and dark.

• By Zira
      Hi! I was just wondering if there were any reaper dragon minis close in size to the young green wizkids dragon? or any other dragons of any types that's not wizkids that's similar in size? I'm wanting to run an encounter with two dragons of the same size and would prefer not to double up on minis, and would love to expand my dragon collection to other companies than wizkids.
    • By Zloyduh
      My first time painting something bigger than a regular size mini.  I kind of learned as I went.  Lots of dry brushing went in on the scales and the wings.  Overall, I'm happy with the outcome, especially given that it's a first time deal.  I will definitely try out bigger things in the future.  The one thing I'm sort of disappointed in is the black lining on the chest-stomach area.  The grooves weren't smooth, and I couldn't seem to keep those lines clean.  Maybe there is a better/smoother way of doing it?  Some sort of a controlled wash?  Let me know!  As always, all sorts of comments are welcomed! 🙂

EDIT:  I realized that he has a name and a number.  Narthalyssk 1120 from the core set.  I'll make sure to refer to the KS graphic for the future posts.

• By TaleSpinner
      I've been working on my drakes/dragons for what feels like forever now.  Last week, Jim of Dark Sword brought me a copy of the metal masters for the small versions of them as they are being prepared for casting.  He gave me permission to paint one up as my ReaperCon entry, despite their not being released yet.  So here goes...

If you want to read the whole tale on the sculpting of these drakes, check out this thread in the sculpting section.

After prepping the mini, I primed it with my airbrush, using stylrnez.

About 6 months ago, I had started painting a resin prototype of this mini that I had printed.  That mini was a bit too small and had some errors in the scales on its tail, so I abandoned it.  That said, I am sticking fairly close to the color concept I had with that one and will be using it as a preliminary sketch of where I want this one to go.  Here is that sketch model:

On Saturday, I got together with a bunch of friends to work on our Open entries and I began the painting in earnest,  All paints are MSP.  The dorsal scales are based in Sharkbite, the sides in Marid Blue, and the belly in Grindylow Green. The belly was washed in a mix of Grindylow Green and Clear Pthalo Green.  I have more work to do on that shading yet though.  I then shaded the sides down to Sharkbite.  I also have more work to do on the deepest shadows there yet after I get the highlights done.

I also painted the eyes and teeth. 

Yesterday, I highlight the sides up to white and based the claws in Drow Skin.

I plan on spending every night this week working on it and have Friday off as well.  I hope I can be done on Friday, but we'll see.  I do have all my classes prepped, so am ready for ReaperCon other than this project and one other metal work project I have going.  It is going to be a busy week though.
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)