Back again with another recent wintery addition to Frostrun.

Here we have the caribou from EC3D's Wilds of Wintertide Kickstarter which has been beautifully printed from EscharloneGaming on Etsy.

118558879_387762062211068_7467187075646969541_n.thumb.jpg.5df941acc758a1b36f6b3b31df2cc02d.jpg

These caribou, or reindeer, are fantastic little models with just enough detail to make painting them a blast, but not so much texture as to make them a pain.  These are the first 3D printed minis I have ever purchased or painted, except for a few Heroforge minis.  I didn't know what to expect from the quality of design or delivery, but was very pleased with the results!

I painted up two variations, one with a lighter coat and a white nose, and another with a darker coat and a black nose.  I was absolutely thrilled with the result and they have made a wonderful addition to my campaign of Frostrun.

More Photos below the spoiler:

Spoiler

117994372_669479460647704_1662744509162878916_n.thumb.jpg.7edf37c667b7d1c4e0925925e30337bf.jpg

118541374_3184100241689111_3979431761099593893_n.thumb.jpg.e6ab5fff16bbf09c224af32da7e56009.jpg

118661721_1408822425990324_8682768407043401754_n.thumb.jpg.d8327e06e5b98264dda964dbbf972b51.jpg

118589566_191555759071407_214637567828312156_n.thumb.jpg.01578c25d2ebd04e30353b33fb19e679.jpg

I have a handful of other minis from this line also printed by EscharloneGaming and I am looking forward to painting them up as well, when the inspiration finally seizes me.

What are your favorite 3D models?

Check out this WIP for the rest of my Frostrun project.

Edited by MoonglowMinis
added links to WIP thread
  • Like 19
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      Here comes another one from EC3D, aimed for easy to print, supportless, hordes of lower CR traditional monsters and encounters:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ecaroth/beast-and-baddies-3d-printable-tabletop-models?ref=user_menu

Welcome to "Beasts and Baddies" from EC3D, your one-stop shop for the fastest, easiest to print, and highly-reusable tabletop fantasy mini STLS!
      This campaign was designed with a few goals in mind:

#1 - Give DMs and gamers a beautiful set of minis to cover the bases for MANY common beasts and baddies they might encounter across most games (particularly low-to-medium level ones)
      #2 - Make those minis DEAD SIMPLE to print - no supports required on resin or FDM printers.
      #3 - Design those minis so they can be painted fast, but detailed enough to paint to a high quality if you wish.
      #4 - Make those minis resilient - aka less prone to breakage with small pieces, easy to travel with, survive drops on the floor, etc

Thus this campaign was born! Many Patreons and Kickstarters have crazy good looking sculpts of various huge bosses, or overly fragile dynamically posed monsters - but nobody is designing minis for the working DM, who wants to throw a set of monsters on the printer before work, come home and they are sitting there finished (with no print errors), slap some paint on them quick, and use them in tonight's session.
      This Kickstarter is designed for every DM - regardless of what kind of fantasy game you run, what kind of printer you have, or what kind of models you are looking to fill out your ranks with, this campaign will have something for you. We have sets of all your basic monsters (orcs, goblins, gnolls, kobolds, undead, etc) plus MANY stretch goals planned out, with a backer voting to help add even more stuff to the pledge.

These minis are designed for your standard fantasy game, and are scaled ~32mm with somewhat heroic proportions. They'll look great next to your existing 3D printable figs, HeroForge, Reaper Bones, etc.
      Minis are designed to print with zero slicer supports - just drop it on your build plate and print away.  Each mini is provided unbased, based on a simple flat base (for you to decorate to your own liking), and also based on a "quick release" bevelled and channeled base (for resin printing, which makes removal from the build plate easy).
      In addition to carefully modeling designs to be support free, we have another advantage: I am a software engineer by trade, and developed an algorithm to help check and remove overhangs in the modeling/repair process, which leads to even easier to print minis!
      This campaign is easy to understand. There is one pledge level, and it gets you everything pictured on this page! All the minis below are included with your pledge. These minis will be delivered to you as  STL files, with all the base options noted above. I've also release a ton of BASES , and am working on another free base pack for this campaign you can use to base these minis if you want more decorative bases.
      As new stretch goals are unlocked, I'll add them to the list of included minis below.  There's 31 minis in the core pack, and I'm expecting to have nearly 100 minis in this campaign when all is said and done!

** PLEASE NOTE - This Kickstarter is for digital files (STLs) to make all these items on your own home 3D printer - these are not physical goods **

• By Metalchaos
      Happy New Year's Eve everyone. To end the year with a little snow, I completed this base today. I had painted the Yeti two years ago, and he was only lacking a thematic basis. This is the Bones version of 77434, Yeti Chieftain sculpted by Jason Wiebe. The artificial snow is BF4103 from Army Painter Battlefields. The icicles were made with pieces of translucent plastic and gloss Mod Podge.

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi all.  Another entry in my winter-themed minis.  This guy was intended to serve as the BBEG in my Frostrun campaign.  Kriger was the descendant of a greedy half-giant king who's line had been cursed to undeath.  Kriger sought to lead an army of Draugr and vikings to reclaim his family throne.  This "chaos warrior" model from Bones 4 was perfect.

More Below the Spoiler:

I really like how this guy turned out.  He was one of those minis where I really pushed myself and tried some different things.  I think it shows.  Hopefully I'll get to continue his story, and return to my Frostrun game.  Maybe by then I'll have found some suitable viking-esque warriors to accompany him.

For more of my winter minis, check out my Frostrun Project HERE.
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Hi there.  I've got a boney baddie for you all today.  I was disappointed by the official mini offerings for a Skull Lord (a skeletal warrior with 3 heads), and it seemed like the perfect candidate for a bit of conversion.  A few citadel skulls later and...

For the observant viewer, you'll notice the Skeletal Champion's original head at the bottom of the bone pile.  His skull was a bit too bulky compared to the citadel skulls and the sculpt didn't really leave enough room for three heads so I had to cut away some of the shoulder armor.

All said, this was a pretty simple conversion and will make for a fun fight in the future.

To see more of my winter-themed minis, check out my Frostrun Project HERE.
    • By MoonglowMinis
      A winter storm buried my part of the globe in snow last night so I'm filling a bit chilly.  So today's the perfect day to show off these frigid little birds from Bones 4.

More Below the Spoiler:

These were a fun little set, though they took me longer to do than I anticipated.  So much black and white really killed my motivation.  Glad they're done and decently satisfied with the results.  They make a nice addition to my winter collection.  If you want to see more of my wintery minis, check out my ongoing Frostrun Project Here

How's the weather where you live?
  • Who's Online   16 Members, 2 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)