Sign in to follow this  
Al Capwn

Dark Sword Female Ranger w/ Bow (Oils & Acrylics)

3 minutes ago, GBPrime said:

Oils?  :wub:   Nicely done on the details!
And did you say a texture roller?  Are the broken flagstones greenstuff?

Yep, all done with oil paints (Winsor and Newton and Williamsburg brands to be specific).

The bits of flagstone are made out of Sculpey clay (Gray, Firm) with the Greenstuff World 'Temple' texture roller applied. I then simply broke some pieces from the sheet of sculpey and applied them to the base. They gray sculpey tends to stick less into the rollers compared to green stuff or the softer white sculpey.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Al Capwn said:

The bits of flagstone are made out of Sculpey clay (Gray, Firm) with the Greenstuff World 'Temple' texture roller applied. I then simply broke some pieces from the sheet of sculpey and applied them to the base. They gray sculpey tends to stick less into the rollers compared to green stuff or the softer white sculpey.

Well!  I know what's on my holiday shopping list, then.  Thanks for helping me notice these!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

nice work!  Can you share your paint recipe for flesh in oils?  that is one of the hardest things for me to manage.

Thank you - and certainly! For the shadows of the skin I started mixed a deep purple-red on my pallet, close to Reaper's Burgundy Wine. I used Ultramarine Blue, Quinacridone Magenta, and maybe a touch of Titanium White.

The midtone was Raw Sienna (Yellow Ochre).

The highlight I mixed was Raw Sienna (Yellow Ochre), Cadmium Yellow, and Titanium White.

The resulted in somewhat of a pale-tanned skin color. Afterwards once that was dry, I thinned down some Quinacridone Magenta and applied a glaze over the top to give it more pinkish warmth.

I essentially blocked in the sections where I wanted shadow/midtone/highlights, and then took a small dry brush and gently stippled the borders there those colors meet to get them to make a gradient.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this