Has anyone given this a try?  Its a simplified, indie version of 40k by One Page Rules.  

One of the youtubers that I follow for terrain ideas put up a video on how it plays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBnnX_1j3AQ

Possibly a bit too simple but apparently the army lists cover all the GW stuff (including Primaris Marines, etc.)  with some extras for other ranges.

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to avoid signing up for Patreon so went ahead and bought a copy of the complete rules.  I had been thinking that there wasn't anything to stop you from using Bolt Actions method of pulling dice from a bag to decide on the next activation.  It turns out that a good number of the optional rules are trying to retrofit Bolt Action concepts into their game, including the random activations and pins.   The pinning rules were more clunky and I think they would be a huge advantage for elite armies as they are more likely to pass their tests and handle extra negatives to hit better.  

Well I just tried tried a 250 point game with my 9 year old nephew.   Battle Brothers vs Alien Hive.  I lost.  It was fun though, and he had a good enough time to beg his mom to let him finish the last round.  I only used the basic rules and help with the details. Yet, I let him make all the decisions.   All this while,  the younger nephew painted on a mini (which he also asked me to let him).

• Like 4