Stone Giant Tribe and Display Board WIP

Shadespyre

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Added three levels of highlight to the faces and I'm not sure they look much different here. Might be a bit too subtle, I'm often too cautious with contrast.

(edited)_DSC05129.JPG

Not 100% sure about the brown dirt here, I think it'll break up the grey a bit but I'm not 100% sure that's what I want. I'm going to splash it onto the mountain diorama and see what I think of the overall look.

• Like 11

Cliff face work in progress. I think a lot has been done since I last showed a picture of this!

Left hand picture is after adding in the brown dirt colour, it's fairly unobtrusive with the unifying grey-brown drybrushing over the top of it.

Right hand picture is with some bare trees and non-giant critters added. There are six live animals in total, can you spot them in this picture?

Next step is to break out the tufts and clumps and lichen and add some more plant life and colour to the scene.

(edited)_DSC05152.JPG(edited)_DSC05153.JPG

• Like 12

I think this is pretty much finished! I could go on adding plants forever without substantially changing anything, so I've stopped. I will go over it and touch up a few flaws and gaps, and I might paint the outside "cut off" edges in black to tidy it off.

Quite hard to photograph because of the size and depth of it, lots of shadows. If you'd like to see any particular detail in close up let me know!

(edited)_DSC05194.JPG(edited)_DSC05208.JPG(edited)_DSC05206.JPG(edited)_DSC05205.JPG(edited)_DSC05203.JPG

(edited)_DSC05204.JPG

• Like 9