Sign in to follow this  
Venun

77591 - Frost Giant King (Box of Good Will acquired)

I like it! And yes I put it in there together with the Queen.

Glad to see it painted!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I like it! And yes I put it in there together with the Queen.

Glad to see it painted!

Thanks Glitter. It's getting a good spot in my trophy cabinet now :)

• Like 2

Just now, Venun said:

Thanks Glitter. It's getting a good spot in my trophy cabinet now :)

Awesome!

• Like 1

Nice use of brighter colors on his armor to make the mini stand out more, and I like the ice effect on the blade.

Honestly, I've always thought this model's weapons should be called Rime and Reason.  ::D:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Looks like a good job to me!:winkthumbs:

Thank you! ^_^ 

9 hours ago, GBPrime said:

Nice use of brighter colors on his armor to make the mini stand out more, and I like the ice effect on the blade.

Honestly, I've always thought this model's weapons should be called Rime and Reason.  ::D:

Thanks! Yeah the colours i picked on the armor surprised me in effectiveness. During the pick I was concerned slightly I might be matching colours there that were no match, but they turned out quite allright.

I think I used like 20 different Reaper Paints on this :o 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      Today I wanted to show off some cheap 54mm Vikings that I painted up as Frost Giants.

I made these guys close to a year ago, and they were among some of the first larger sized minis I had worked on, so they're a little rough, and that's before looking at the quality of model, but if someone else is in need of a lot of giants like I was, then this might be useful to them!

So these guys are from Tehnolog, a Russian miniatures company that I know very little about.  The minis are made out of a soft plastic like novelty toys you can buy with tickets at an arcade.  They also have abysmal detail.

They're meant for 54mm wargaming, and I believe there's an intended game system that accompanies the line, but my goal was to get some cheap giants for D&D.

They fit nicely on a 2in base, and could probably fit in with the smaller Reaper Bones giants, but they're definitely a little undersized.  I remedied this by giving them each a boosted base, with the leader getting two layers.  At a glance, they tower over a standard medium sized mini.

The details were rough and there were some ugly mold lines here and there.  But they're serviceable.  They might work better as a half-giant if you want to use 5e's Huge Frost Giants.

More pictures of each giant below the Spoiler:

Tehnolog also has a few other lines of fantasy-esque minis if you're a fan of cheap minis.  I am still considering getting one of their other lines to convert into cheap-o Fire Giants.

What's your favorite obscure miniature substitute?

• By Venun
      I finished the Boar Demon gotten from @Glitterwolf through the Box of Good Will. Added a skull that perfectly fit in his hand, 1 finger in an eye socket even.

• By Venun
      Hi all
      I had lost my motivation to paint in the past few months. With no paint nights with friends, my mini's not seeing the D&D table as we're playing online atm, it wasn't motivating.
      This weekend I picked it up again. Finished 2 mini's, of which I'll post 1 today :) 
       this zombie Beholder was my first attempt at painting a blind eye. Loving the outcome!
      Added the toxic drool when I thought he was done, which turned out to be a lie. The drool finished him up proper :)

• By Venun
      I got this awesome looking Hydra  from the EU Box of Goodwill. @GlitterwolfGlitterwolf got it years back from another bogw.

I traced it to be part of a kickstarter, where originally it was a fountain! 
      Not having the water parts, and also wanting to paint out alive, it resulted in this!

I tried to create a shadow of his body still under water, although I didn't think of it till after the water texture was added. Still happy on the outcome :) 

• Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)