Sign in to follow this  
Venun

Color Shift

On 10/24/2020 at 2:53 AM, WhiteWulfe said:

That seems to be the most common modification done to said dragon. 

Do you know how they do it reliably?

4 minutes ago, Harrek said:

Do you know how they do it reliably?

For some reason I'm having trouble finding threads where others have done it, but here's how I handled it: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79843-wymrgear-a-synthetic-image-reaper-77177/

I went for three pins in mine though, since I was planning on tripling the weight of the wings.  I really should pick that project back up again >.>;;;

On 10/31/2020 at 5:15 AM, ksbsnowowl said:

Here is Sword & Steele’s review of Vallejo’s Shifters color shift paints. At around the 9 minute mark she shows a green set on the end where she did one with an airbrush, and the other with a paint brush. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8GbXowGrXC4

Great video, you can really see the brush vs airbrush difference, and as she says, both look great for different things.

In my arsenal there's usually no tanks (pun intended), just creatures, so vallejo's brush on paints should work for me.

I'll look into getting a set soon, thanks!

Remember to make sure you clean you airbrush really well after using Shifters. I just sprayed some gloss varnish over black and while there was no metallic bits left these was a slight iridescence. The brush had been washed a several times. The amount of iridescence was small enough that it hasn't shown on anything else until now, but the gloss over black made it visible. Fortunately I was putting the gloss on the black for more shifters...

• Like 3

This is Vallejo's Old Silver Violet on the egg. Doesn't show it the greatest, but it gives the feel of it.

drogon.jpg

• Like 2