Well, looks like Hasbro is doing their own version of a kickstarter for a new release of one of the all-time classics.  I don't know if their site for the crowdfunding would be considered as a commercial site, but I'm sure it will be easy enough to find.  I'm in!

• Like 4

I know of a Patreon that is specifically "Heroquest" mini releases..... :lol:

I think they are called "Retro Crusade" or something. I know it was "Retroquest" but they had to change due to someone else had the name.

I'll look into it, but I really wasn't into Heroquest back in the day.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, haldir said:

I know of a Patreon that is specifically "Heroquest" mini releases..... :lol:

I think they are called "Retro Crusade" or something. I know it was "Retroquest" but they had to change due to someone else had the name.

I'll look into it, but I really wasn't into Heroquest back in the day.

I actually have been painting their tribute to the original Zombie mixed in with the mass of other Zeds.

I'm excited about this, I like the look and the updates toward modern sensibilities (more female Heroes and Monsters).  Heroquest is what got me into miniatures to begin with

• Like 2

I'm struggling to find polite words to describe how I feel about this right now.

1140610960_HasbroHQannouncement.thumb.jpg.7e3f6be21c8c536f1bc1715dee66cdc8.jpg

Canada and United States only. This means it's literally impossible to "legitimately" purchase a copy in the country where the game was originally released. You know. The one I live in.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3

I would have been more likely to buy in to this if they had released the original miniatures with this. As it is I think I'll just keep moving forward building my own set. Cheers. 

Lawl, even better it also isn't available in Quebec... 

And no shipping cost info on the main page, at least that I can find anyways. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe

This is super tempting. I owned the original Hero Quest, and I'm still sad I didn't hold on to it for the terrain, if nothing else. They were the first minis I got into painting, and my first real introduction to fantasy RP style games. This is a major nostalgia itch for me, but I'm not sure if it's worth it or not...

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Lawl, even better it also isn't available in Quebec... 

And no shipping cost info on the main page, at least that I can find anyways. 

One of the first things I noticed. :angry:

Most likely because of our language laws that require a French translation included somewhere. Our contest laws are also something that eliminates us from lots of fun stuff.

If I want it hard enough, I'll find a way.

Also: A MINIMUM goal of $1,000,000 USD?!

Seeing the current progress, they're at $566,000 at the time of this writing, so no worries there. But seeing the foreseeable unlockable goals, they're not the most generous.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 1

They're already over $565,000 only 5 hours in.

Gonna talk to the missus and see what she thinks, but I'm leaning towards going all in!

• Like 2

I still have a somewhat beat up copy of the original and 2 expansions. From the look of this it's the same game with updated minis. Don't like them enough to pay nearly $400 with shipping. My oldest was obsessed with it for awhile and we played so much I got kind of sick of it. If it was cheaper I'd be tempted but now not really interested.

• Like 2

See I never had it - just played at a friend's house.  I've got little boys now and they'd love it, but with that price point, especially with shipping, I may just have to wait for retail.

• Like 4

I plugged my US address in and was given a "standard" shipping option of $25.

I never really played Heroquest much growing up so I doubt I back this, but there's plenty of time for me to change my mind.

• Like 3

It would be interesting to know the market price for the game, once it is released.

With the insane shipping, it might be best for those outside of the US to wait for retail.

We have one copy of the original - Megan's Mum has what was my second copy - all painted up. ::):

The Auld Grump

• Like 3