• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Baugi said:

Right?  Fedex International Economy!  "Economy" indeed.

At that price and their buying power it should be overnight express, not economy! 

..Yeah, I know, in most cases economy gets here almost as fast but express is guaranteed one day, not 2-5...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

What on earth are they using to ship it if its that bloody much? O_o

They're going to fire it out of an enormous cannon of course. 

So deeply hilariously pleased to know that "offer not valid in Quebec" still happens.  Nothing elfing changes.  Happy to keep money in pocket.

• Like 4

Horrible shipping costs to Canada, seriously. And the expected exclusion for Quebec.

Not even sure this is worth it...

I mean the base price for that amount of stuff is nice...

But I am no fan of these over-stylized, World of Warcraft-y aesthetics the new minis sport.

Obviously they couldn't go back to Warhammer aesthetics, but still.

(kinda funny how the original was Warhammer-adjacent and now this new one is made by the company that owns D&D)

• Like 2

I must admit I was saving up for a very special kickstarter (which doesn't have a thread yet) which is due to launch some time around late October/early November. I was struggling to work out how I was going to also afford whatever this new Heroquest announcement would be then Hasbro went and made it nice and easy for me with their regional restriction. Those orcs looks very Yedharo/GT STudios don't they? The Goblins have big Pathfinder goblin heads as well. Some of the new hero sculpts look similar in style to the Gamezone ones.

I suppose I should leave it a few more weeks before starting that special kickstarter thread. I know I want to be the one to start it but I don't want to start it too early as that might seem inconsiderate and rude. It still would have been nice if I had a way to scrounge up the money as I do have friends and relatives in America-land that I could post it to and then ask them kindly to send it on to me.

19 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

It would be interesting to know the market price for the game, once it is released.

With the insane shipping, it might be best for those outside of the US to wait for retail.

This looks like it's HasLab, and HasLab stuff doesn't go to retail.  It's get it now or get it never, like Jabba's Sail Barge.  I also believe this explains the high cost per item, the high shipping outside US, and the limited availability.  It's pretty standard for HasLab.  So anyone sizing this up should make their decisions accordingly.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

Horrible shipping costs to Canada, seriously. And the expected exclusion for Quebec.

Not even sure this is worth it...

I mean the base price for that amount of stuff is nice...

This is one of those rare cases where it could be cheaper to get off of eBay.

As it is right now, it's a very easy pass.