I have a copy of the original. The version I had hoped to get was the one released in Spain. But that didnt happen.

buckyball

So, BardicBroadcasts made this video a few days ago and I only just saw it.  Kind of insightful and remarkably accurate.  And it's a new BardicBroadcasts video, so that's a plus too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aOCzMIbiQQ

All that said, I have until the end of October to make a decision.  the price point isn't terrible but is a little steep for something that's almost entirely nostalgia fueled and unlikely to get much play time.

On the other hand, it's 71 pretty col miniatures for $100 with some good general use monsters as well as a few interesting ones.  

• Like 2

I'm not sure if I'm going to go in on this or not.  Bones V is the focus of much of my hobby spending right now.

But TWO, $200K "stretch goals" add two miniatures (each)?!  That's not just dirty pool, Hasbro: it's broccoliy pool.  If the game needs those minis, they should be included in the box.  Otherwise leave 'em out.  Not to mention that $200K for 8¢ of plastic (made up number) per box is ridonkulous padding on your part unless you're planning on selling a couple million copies of the game.:grr:

Now, maybe they are using the padding on those goals to fund other goals (but want to keep the goals $200K apart), but it still smells like three-week-old sardines.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, strawhat said:

I'm not sure if I'm going to go in on this or not.  Bones V is the focus of much of my hobby spending right now.

But TWO, $200K "stretch goals" add two miniatures (each)?!  That's not just dirty pool, Hasbro: it's broccoliy pool.  If the game needs those minis, they should be included in the box.  Otherwise leave 'em out.  Not to mention that $200K for 8¢ of plastic (made up number) per box is ridonkulous padding on your part unless you're planning on selling a couple million copies of the game.:grr:

Now, maybe they are using the padding on those goals to fund other goals (but want to keep the goals $200K apart), but it still smells like three-week-old sardines.

Looks like without the stretch goal the box comes with the correct number of goblins so the stretch goals aren't needed. As far as the 200k increment, that's not out of line with other kickstarters for add another mini sculpt when they are injection molded. Particularly with 37 days left. There is a limit to what will be added no matter how high the funding goes, from a marketing perspective it's generally a bad thing to hit that limit too soon.

• Like 1

I understand if it's a new sculpt...but that doesn't seem to be confirmed/denied anywhere (that I found) in the project.

After review, it certainly looks like they are different...but there's a nice caveat earlier on the page that basically says that these are all digital renders and subject to change.

In either case, it's very poorly worded.

• Like 1

Zavvi in the UK now have a deal to take preorders for the new Hasbro version of Heroquest. I don't think they're allowed to send them outside the country. EB Games in Australia and Mighty Ape in New Zealand seem to have similar deals set up too.

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 4:02 PM, Baugi said:

149 USD plus 135 shipping to BC, Canada.  That's near 400 bucks CAD.  HMMM.

There was allegedly an issue with Canadian shipping that should now be fixed.

I don't know how much it is, now, though.

5 hours ago, strawhat said:

Apparently it's only $30 USD now.  How they could let such a huge error "slip through" for so long is a wonder to me - those who bought in sure better be getting a shipping refund... 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, strawhat said:

I saw that!  Very happy to see that change.  Definitely in for this now.

• Like 2

If they make it past another couple stretch goals, I think it will be very tempting.

I do wish that they were offering male and female options for the unlocked characters, though.

On 10/9/2020 at 1:06 AM, WhiteWulfe said:

Apparently it's only $30 USD now.  How they could let such a huge error "slip through" for so long is a wonder to me - those who bought in sure better be getting a shipping refund... 

Well, this game is back on my radar now that Canadian shipping has been rectified.  My only issue now is that I already own so many games that I never get the time/opportunity to play.  Decisions, decisions. . . .

The Egg

• Like 4

On 10/15/2020 at 5:08 PM, Egg of Coot said:

Well, this game is back on my radar now that Canadian shipping has been rectified.  My only issue now is that I already own so many games that I never get the time/opportunity to play.  Decisions, decisions. . . .

The Egg

We play the classic at least twice a year with Mum, and BD plays a Weeble version. ::):

• Like 2

I forgot to mention this yesterday, but only a couple hours left. Slowly moving up from $3.6 mil as of now.  Total of 93 minis (unless I mathed wrong--always a possibility).

• Like 2