More news on the retail front.  Several retailers (Best Buy, Gamestop, etc.) have had a hero two-pack go up.  Guardian Knights, or some such.  Two minis, twelve cards (two sets of six from what I've been able to see) for $15.

Pretty much as soon as those preorders have been activated, they've sold out.  So we either have very limited stock, scalpers, or more HeroQuest fans than we might expect (or, more probably, two out of those three options).

I mean, I'm trying to get ahold of them, but I'm not going to go nuts over it.  I really hate "exclusives."

• Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

Which makes me wonder if the core retail pack isn't getting both male and female versions of the characters now.

I watched an unboxing (I forget the guy's name, but it was allegedly done on behalf of, I think, GameStop) the other night, and it was just the regular heroes.  I think that they'll still be coming, however, in some format.  Maybe they'll see a general release in the quest pack for each type of hero.  It just seems like too much of an investment to make the molds and not get full use out of them.  Same for the alternate creature sculpts.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, strawhat said:

I watched an unboxing (I forget the guy's name, but it was allegedly done on behalf of, I think, GameStop) the other night, and it was just the regular heroes.  I think that they'll still be coming, however, in some format.  Maybe they'll see a general release in the quest pack for each type of hero.  It just seems like too much of an investment to make the molds and not get full use out of them.  Same for the alternate creature sculpts.

Maybe.

Makes no sense to give gender options to the expansion characters but leave the core characters like that unless you backed a pseudo-Kickstarter.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

Maybe.

Makes no sense to give gender options to the expansion characters but leave the core characters like that unless you backed a pseudo-Kickstarter.

yeah pulse was sus but i have been ripped off on ks many times.

for those who don't like the new models(I hates them) reaper has many great models in line that make fantastic alternative models. I have been working towards that in parallel with many other painting projects.

examples
orcs: bones orc packs
orc characters... bones also gotcha!
goblins: bones goblin pack
fimir: deep ones
mummies/skeletons/zombies: bones has MANY zombies, skeletons and at least 1 mummy pack
gargoyle: dunno, probably the necropolis ones.
sorceror: bones necromancer or lich probably
heroes: various bones models.

you can do it, and you are in the right place!

Edited by The Steve
  • Like 2