Sign in to follow this  
Spodi

Halaster Blackcloak, the totally sane mage

Awesome paintjob!

You do need to remove that link, commercial links are not allowed, just mention the name and the company, but don't link.

Just trying to prevent a mod will delete it all, it would be a shame..love the mini!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3

Seen that mini before and always liked it.  Always wondered if the smoke was from the pipe or a spell effect, and your paint job answers both questions as "yes."  And the effect you painted green below him... best not to ask!  :blink:

Excellent use of color and highlighting.  The purple robes under the blue add depth, and the green on the spell book cover ties in nicely with the effect around him.  And this is one of those minis that has an excellent pose for NOT painting in the eyes, the darkness there adds to the overall effect.  Well done.

Edited by GBPrime
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, GBPrime said:

Always wondered if the smoke was from the pipe or a spell effect, and your paint job answers both questions as "yes."  And the effect you painted green below him... best not to ask!  :blink:

You're not the only one, hah. I have a tendency to not really think much ahead of time and just start slapping on paint. So I took a glance and thought, "huh, must be a vine with rocks on it."

It wasn't until I was nearly done did I actually stop and think, "why would huge rocks be attached to the vine?" Maybe it was supposed to be a wind effect, the rocks swirling around with it and causing his cloak to billow? I'm almost curious enough to email the sculptor and ask.

• Like 1

Am I the only one that read the miniature's name as Pinocchio at first glance? I was thinking, man, did he level up. LOL. But seriously, great job. I also think the part you painted green is supposed to be wind effects, but who's to say it isn't poison or some other magical effect?

• Like 1