Sign in to follow this  
Shadowphaze

The Rise Of Obliterarium - Fantasy Miniatures

Hi all,

I saw this show up as an ad:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2000354525/obliterarium-fantasy-miniatures?fbclid=IwAR20xQhhw01YcUJZk1z41Q8DcAAO7TWXzk8QzVcDAcVkoH3QA8SzLHUUMgk

Looks good but looks very familiar.  Is anyone else familiar with the Legendarion site?  It's no longer in existence but it advertised the same thing and some of the models look identical to ones I saw and even purchased back then.  They were in the Ukraine I believe and this one is showing Ireland.  Does anyone know anything more?  Asking only for curiosity sake.

Edited by SamuraiJack
updated tags and title

2 hours ago, Shadowphaze said:

Hi all,

I saw this show up as an ad:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2000354525/obliterarium-fantasy-miniatures?fbclid=IwAR20xQhhw01YcUJZk1z41Q8DcAAO7TWXzk8QzVcDAcVkoH3QA8SzLHUUMgk

Looks good but looks very familiar.  Is anyone else familiar with the Legendarion site?  It's no longer in existence but it advertised the same thing and some of the models look identical to ones I saw and even purchased back then.  They were in the Ukraine I believe and this one is showing Ireland.  Does anyone know anything more?  Asking only for curiosity sake.

I purchased two busts from Legendarion ( Ukraine) a few years ago.

No idea if this is the same company?

Perhaps they bought the rights to the models.  I am positive the model of the dragon and its rider were on the Legandarion site.  I had seen it quite a few times and was planning to purchase it before the site was taken down.  

• Like 1

Ouch, Legendarion is down.. Boo. Sad to hear. Wanted some of their busts, but never had a chance to have enough spare cash. 

Live:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2000354525/obliterarium-fantasy-miniatures?ref=ksr_email_user_watched_project_launched

Some kind of cool models.  @Glitterwolf might like the Quezeco... the big snake god.  

I really am only interested in the KS Exclusive but I can't spend $400 just to get it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Live:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2000354525/obliterarium-fantasy-miniatures?ref=ksr_email_user_watched_project_launched

Some kind of cool models.  @Glitterwolf might like the Quezeco... the big snake god.  

I really am only interested in the KS Exclusive but I can't spend $400 just to get it.

I do like that one.

One the other hand I already have files to print a huge one from Lost Kingdoms, a smaller one from Artisan Guild, a small one from Thingiverse and I'm getting a big one from Epic Miniatures next month..

I have more Coatls then I actually need..

• Like 1

I'm not sure what to think. Some of the models in there look incredibly similar to some of the old Legendarion stuff (and ones I kind of wanted to get my paws on), so there is that, but at the same time we would be talking $100 CAD give or take, so I'd definitely have to think about it... 

They also seem to be dodging the mention of Legendarion, hmm. 

• Like 2

They originally called themselves "Mythic Monolith", an obvious reference to the unrelated Mythic and Monolith boardgame companies. They've changed their webpages, but if you search on "Obliterarium mythic monolith" you can find references to when they called themselves "Mythic Monolith".

Waard, on this Beasts of War thread, also suspects the creator may be a scammer. The KS says it's from Ireland, but the website is Ukranian, and he finds the identity of the creator suspicious.

BoW : https://www.beastsofwar.com/news/preview-kickstarter-miniatures-mythic-monolith-game/

Legendarion is also Ukranian, so I guess I'd check with Cadwallon about this KS, and ask the Magical Miniatures folks got the rights and find some way to confirm it. With this also being a First Created project from a company with no reputation, that's enough yellow flags for me to not back the project. Do your own due diligence!

Edited by ced1106
  • Thanks 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this