Firblog Monk - Nolzur's Human Druid Conversion

Hi folks.  I've got plenty of minis painted from the last two years to slowly share with you all.  Here we have the D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures Human Druid 73390.  I was in need of a Firbolg Monk for my party, and Nolzur's had yet to release any of their firbolg models.  Since the character would be traversing a frigid wasteland, I also wanted to find a character who was properly clothed - no sleeveless/shirtless monks for me.  I settled on this character because he was properly rangery and most importantly - bearded.

I chopped off his sword and the antlers on his back, glued a toothpick to his empty hand, sculpted some acceptable ears using green stuff and gave him some paint.  I really like how it turned out and it managed to feel like the perfect blend between monk and naturalist.

Though i must admit, his face is a bit muppety.

87760122_2505499029690303_9124955545939837819_n.jpg.8e1c4e26482bae1bed231a1b4cb21cd3.jpg

More Photos Below the Spoiler:

Spoiler

88391559_185989619361372_148275387931151112_n.jpg.3484b2d276020095c2d8bd9edc39c2bf.jpg

87789125_139369107605549_8694855556358668831_n.jpg.d53592424703414c6b9bd6a469628b97.jpg

88154022_883608892096306_6680775955547594373_n.jpg.9b1ff38ef2c11f0b41e8b5edcb43527c.jpg

Pau, is a Firbolg from the tribes of Frostrun. He set out on a pilgrimage like many Firbolg do, and found himself at a monastery to the south, at the edge of the Frost.  The monastery, besides providing shelter to the wary traveler, depicted a statue of Firbolg.  Pau took this as a sign and spent several years training in the way of the Four Elements.  Armed with this new power, Pau has set back out to the North to return home and restore order to Frostrun.

Check out the rest of the Frostrun project HERE.

What kind of conversions have you done to make the perfect character?

• Like 19

Good conversion. :winkthumbs:

I've done all kinds of conversions; head swaps, arm/hand/weapon swaps, torso/leg swaps, as well as sculpting (still working on getting better at this). 

I don't want to steal your thread, but if you're interested search 'Warduke' and look for the threads by me. There are 2; a WIP and a finished one. That's one of my more involved conversions.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dks
      Nearly two years after I started a thread for showing off the figures of my Pathfinder Society characters, I present the second figure.
      (For that thread about the first character, click here: link.)

This is Sister Ayano, a kitsune archer (level 8 now: paladin 5 of Shelyn / zen-archer monk 3).
      I did some extensive conversion to the elf archer Caerwynn, from the Warlord line.

Here is the finished Ayano:

You can see the Work-in-Progress thread for her here: link.

You may have noticed the concept art for two kitsune figures in the "Eastern Legends" stretch-goal from the recent Bones III Kickstarter.  I'll be sculpting those two.  So if you like the way Ayano the kitsune looks and you wish Reaper made others figures like her ... well, you're in luck (sort of).

Enjoy,
      Derek
    • By Metalchaos
      Here's another one!

The Chimeric Aberration is something I was inspired to build after reading about Chimeric Creature in D&D Monster Manual 2. In the book, they give the example of a Chimeric ankheg which has the head and front legs of and ankheg with a goat and a white dragon head.

I'm calling my monster a Chimeric Aberration, because it doesn't have the traits of a goat and a chromatic dragon which are normally present on a Chimeric Creature. Instead, my chaotic hybrid will be the result of a mad wizard experiment that went terribly wrong. It will have the main features of a Giant Hound, a Deadborn Vulture head will stretch out from the right side of the monster and an Hulking Insect head will sit on the left side.

My plan is to use a 02817 Moor Hound for the main body. Then, I will use both heads from 03069, Hooked Hulk witch are included in 03440 Creature Components pack 2 along with 14456 Mastema’s tail included in 03334 Creature Components. I will also use 03641 Gunslinger’s wings to add another characteristic of the Vulture. I’ve considered larger wings like those of 02065 Greycloud the Pegasus and maybe 02729 Mephisto’s wings would have been even more appropriate but I don‘t have them at hand. I may swap some of its paw for claw and/or palmed foot as well.

For the colors, I thought of painting the main body green like a Cù-Sìth from the Scottish folklore. The additional head will have traditional vulture and insect colors. Voilà, It should be charming.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are some pictures of a 02126, Arachno-Assassin sculpted by Bob Ridolfi. I had this damaged mini for a long time and I decided to replace its upper left hand falchion for a sword from the 02455, Weapons pack IV. It was a very fun and easy model to paint. I intend to use it as a "boss" in a major encounter, so I painted it in red to increase the focus on it and point out how dangerous it is. The bluish bladed sword will be magical, maybe even cursed. 

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here's what I painted last week, a Skeleton Horde by Games Workshop / Citadel Miniatures from 1986. I mounted them on 25mm base and converted a few of them. I used remaining parts from other minis and changed some shields, skulls and weapons. I also printed two army trays to be able to move them more easily and change their arrangement on the game table. There's 16 skeletons in total and I intend to use them during future D&D games.

More pictures under the spoiler (64 pictures).

• Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)