Sign in to follow this  
MoonglowMinis

Firblog Monk - Nolzur's Human Druid Conversion

Hi folks.  I've got plenty of minis painted from the last two years to slowly share with you all.  Here we have the D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures Human Druid 73390.  I was in need of a Firbolg Monk for my party, and Nolzur's had yet to release any of their firbolg models.  Since the character would be traversing a frigid wasteland, I also wanted to find a character who was properly clothed - no sleeveless/shirtless monks for me.  I settled on this character because he was properly rangery and most importantly - bearded.

I chopped off his sword and the antlers on his back, glued a toothpick to his empty hand, sculpted some acceptable ears using green stuff and gave him some paint.  I really like how it turned out and it managed to feel like the perfect blend between monk and naturalist.

Though i must admit, his face is a bit muppety.

87760122_2505499029690303_9124955545939837819_n.jpg.8e1c4e26482bae1bed231a1b4cb21cd3.jpg

More Photos Below the Spoiler:

Spoiler

88391559_185989619361372_148275387931151112_n.jpg.3484b2d276020095c2d8bd9edc39c2bf.jpg

87789125_139369107605549_8694855556358668831_n.jpg.d53592424703414c6b9bd6a469628b97.jpg

88154022_883608892096306_6680775955547594373_n.jpg.9b1ff38ef2c11f0b41e8b5edcb43527c.jpg

Pau, is a Firbolg from the tribes of Frostrun. He set out on a pilgrimage like many Firbolg do, and found himself at a monastery to the south, at the edge of the Frost.  The monastery, besides providing shelter to the wary traveler, depicted a statue of Firbolg.  Pau took this as a sign and spent several years training in the way of the Four Elements.  Armed with this new power, Pau has set back out to the North to return home and restore order to Frostrun.

Check out the rest of the Frostrun project HERE.

What kind of conversions have you done to make the perfect character?

• Like 18

Good conversion. :winkthumbs:

I've done all kinds of conversions; head swaps, arm/hand/weapon swaps, torso/leg swaps, as well as sculpting (still working on getting better at this). 

I don't want to steal your thread, but if you're interested search 'Warduke' and look for the threads by me. There are 2; a WIP and a finished one. That's one of my more involved conversions.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      The Froghemoth first appeared as part of an extraterrestrial biome in "Expedition to the Barrier Peaks" if memory serves, so a spacefuture setting is, if anything, returning it to its roots. Twisted, coiling, poisonous roots, in the fungal swamps of a jungle hellworld such as Retro-Venus!
      I went for an unwholesome, etiolated color scheme--which blends in pretty well with the rest of the terrain.

More angles: 

This is a big miniature! Here it is towering over some tentacle-faced Cult Beasts from Midlam. They are about hound-sized in scale. The deep scars and tatters on the throat pouch indicate some sort of scarring from combat with others of its species, as rutting sea lions do.

This is a beast too much even for the Beastmasters of the Venerian Amazons to handle alone!

While we're at it, here's another view of the Cultist Beasts

And a Venerian menagerie: 

I plan on getting Mudgullet and making a mate for this one at some point.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of my latest work. It was a very fun piece to paint. The T-Rex fossil on its back and the different types of stones that form this extraplanar creature are amazing. I painted the crystals as amethysts, well suited for an earth protector. This purple stone is said to be incredibly protective, healing, and purifying. It's claimed it can help rid the mind of negative thoughts and bring forth humility, sincerity, and spiritual wisdom.

This Bones model 77185, Large Earth elemental was sculpted by Kevin Williams. I changed the position of his right arm and  mounted it on a 75mm (huge size) square base.

• By Werkrobotwerk
      Got around to painting a blackstar corsair I modified last year. I figured a pirate always could use some more guns on their suit 

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi all!  With the year nearly at its end, this seemed like a great time to share a comparison project to reflect on this past year's growth.

A little over a year ago a painted up my first Beholder, and last month I painted another.  I was particularly proud of the first so it's interesting to see a side-by-side a year apart.

More Below the Spoiler:

It's always fun to compare two similar models that have been painted with time in between.  I'm always impressed by how much I can grow in this hobby in such a short amount of time.  I only painted my first skeleton a little over two years ago.  My confidence in layering has improved and it is now my go-to method of painting.  Drybrushing and Washes are now reserved for specific effects and textures.  My speed has increased, and I feel more comfortable adding freehanded details.

I'm proud of the growth I've had this past year and look forward to the improvements next year brings.  And these guys will be looking forward as well.  And backwards.  And sideways.  Always watching.

How have you improved this year?
    • By Evilhalfling
      Urban Adventurer in 2020
      Cell phone, TP roll, and 2 bottles of hand sanitizer. 
      way more useful than his original equipment  
      mask, gloves and goggles still useful though. 

EDIT  :some kind of sizing issue .. will try to correct

• Who's Online   25 Members, 1 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)