3D Printing Patreons

I could see that beerholder in Grump's cop game.

As a bartender.

And REALLY happy. In the City, he doesn't have to be a monster, he can just be a bartender. He isn't even a trailblazer. Just Joe, the bartender, tending his bar.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I could see that beerholder in Grump's cop game.

As a bartender.

And REALLY happy. In the City, he doesn't have to be a monster, he can just be a bartender. He isn't even a trailblazer. Just Joe, the bartender, tending his bar.

The weird thing is it appears to be specifically the Dungeons & Drongos Beerholder, that Dark Realms makes an STL for available on Thingiverse 🤔

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 4:08 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Ooopsie...I really need to tone done next month.

This month is destroying my wallet.

Joined Great Grimoire as well, I mean who could resist such a vampire...

Schermafbeelding 2021-10-05 104838.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-10-05 104857.jpg

I myself wasn't dilegent with my Patreon this month and so wound up out a few more dollars than I normally am. Will have to be vigilant next month to ensure that doesn't happen again. Easy to set and forget if you're not careful.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well, gave My Mini Factory's Tribes a try.

Very fast, and the objects popped right into our account, no waiting.

Faster and easier than Patreon.

So, while their KS alternative leaves something to be desired, their Patreon alternative works just fine.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 10/6/2021 at 9:35 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

Well, gave My Mini Factory's Tribes a try.

Very fast, and the objects popped right into our account, no waiting.

Faster and easier than Patreon.

So, while their KS alternative leaves something to be desired, their Patreon alternative works just fine.

The Auld Grump

One very nice feature - while most of the Patreon/MMF bundles can only be downloaded as bundles, you can download individual models for Tribes.

Also - 3D models and Patreons/Tribes has changed the miniature buying dynamic. It is a lot easier to find the specific critter that an adventure calls for, so there are fewer substitutions.

Epic, in particular, reminds me of the old Grenadier Monster Manuscript sets. Maybe not the best sculpts, but they have variety, and odds are that you can find the critter that you need. (I am looking at you , Mr. Catoblepas!)

The Auld Grump

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

One very nice feature - while most of the Patreon/MMF bundles can only be downloaded as bundles, you can download individual models for Tribes.

I had always assumed that was a choice of the creator rather than a limitation of the patreon/mmf link.  The reason being I have half a dozen patreons where that month's figures were added as individual files.

• Like 2

Thinking about the dragon people Bote the Bullet set from Bite the Bullet's Patreon a few months ago.

To go as.another faction with the dragon people from Artisan Guild that we already have.

More in the Eberron thread, if I get around to it.

• Like 2

On 10/8/2021 at 4:00 PM, Auberon said:

I had always assumed that was a choice of the creator rather than a limitation of the patreon/mmf link.  The reason being I have half a dozen patreons where that month's figures were added as individual files.

Well, there's a couple of different ways they can be upload by the content creator.  MOST of the creators choose to upload only a single file for each store entry, even though they could do multiple files for each entry in the store, that's more work on top of what's already probably a tedious process, so a lot of the smaller operations don't take the time to set that up.   SOME do take the time to create individual store entries for each model, as it's worth it to be able to sell single models that way, but sharing each of those with their patreons would be time consuming as well.  Tribes may well be making the process of sharing individual store entries with the tribe much easier.

I saw that one of the ones I follow (Printed obsession maybe? could have been someone else) posted on their discord saying that they're liking tribes because it makes the distribution so much easier and makes it both impossible to miss someone and eliminates the issue of people not claiming/downloading their files, though the loyalty tracker isn't quite perfect yet so if they're getting close to a loyalty reward, or if they have a early bird or legacy level they may want to stick with Patreon a little while longer.

• Like 3

Today I received two notifications from MMF about posts in tribes that I've never backed (because I have yet to back any). MFF is already bad about spamming me and I don't need it to get worse.  It looks like all tribes options are enabled by default, but that can be changed.

13 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Well, there's a couple of different ways they can be upload by the content creator.  MOST of the creators choose to upload only a single file for each store entry, even though they could do multiple files for each entry in the store, that's more work on top of what's already probably a tedious process, so a lot of the smaller operations don't take the time to set that up.   SOME do take the time to create individual store entries for each model, as it's worth it to be able to sell single models that way, but sharing each of those with their patreons would be time consuming as well.  Tribes may well be making the process of sharing individual store entries with the tribe much easier.

You got me curious so I took a look at the Patreons I've backed that have MMF distribution. What I've got is a pretty even split.

Packs

3D Art Digital

3D Creator Sampler

Archvillian Games

Daybreak Miniatures

Dragon Trapper's Lodge

Epic Miniatures

Papsikels

Titan Forge

Individual

Crippled God Foundry

DM Stash

Ghamak

Great Grimoire

Lord of the Print

Nutshell Atelier

Print Minis

Signum Workshop

Village's Hope

Other (for the most part one or two big statues that can be downloaded individually from the main pack.)

3D Art Guy

Mojibake

Ritual Casting

STL Miniatures

• Like 3