Jump to content

3D Printing Patreons


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hung onto Heroes Infinite, I was curious what their Sci-Fi offering was going to be but... bleh. 'Not-Eldar' (or Aeldari or whatever) just... bleh. So I am cancelling for now, probably for a while, I need to cut back anyway.

 

Some Examples.

image.thumb.png.6bf18fd1521f19e5fdb10f625a18e96b.png

image.thumb.png.716f7884fbee1b14c301149b2b9324c8.png

image.thumb.png.419868e8b86b15ce90598174de1be9ff.png

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Illithar said:

I hung onto Heroes Infinite, I was curious what their Sci-Fi offering was going to be but... bleh. 'Not-Eldar' (or Aeldari or whatever) just... bleh. So I am cancelling for now, probably for a while, I need to cut back anyway.

 

Some Examples.

image.thumb.png.6bf18fd1521f19e5fdb10f625a18e96b.png

image.thumb.png.716f7884fbee1b14c301149b2b9324c8.png

image.thumb.png.419868e8b86b15ce90598174de1be9ff.png

Mixed feelings about this - no real use for them, but being able to buy a good sized not-Eldar force at that price....

 

We know Eldar players.

 

Christmas is coming.

 

We have the technology.... We can make it better than it was before.

 

Better. Faster. Stronger....

 

The Auld Grump

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/22/2021 at 5:37 PM, PaganMegan said:

Grump's been printing a bunch of pumpkin themed stuff, 3D and 2D both.

 

The caretaker's house at the old Pumpkinpatch Cemetery.

 

I have a feeling we will be meddling teen investigators. Jinkies! (I am calling dibs on Velma!)

image.png.9bd3337f9ddde2c8882d6b24d90d0d77.png

There's also this RPG - 

image.png.692aed00cfe046e1461fa765a1e04089.png

As well as Zoinks! An RPG from the old Dungeon/Polyhedron magazine.

 

The Auld Grump

 

 

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Mixed feelings about this - no real use for them, but being able to buy a good sized not-Eldar force at that price....

 

We know Eldar players.

 

Christmas is coming.

 

We have the technology.... We can make it better than it was before.

 

Better. Faster. Stronger....

 

The Auld Grump

 

If you want Eldar to print check out Thingieverse, one can download so many units there for free one can create a whole army.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

If you want Eldar to print check out Thingieverse, one can download so many units there for free one can create a whole army.

Remember, back in the day, when the GW plastic boxes were semi-reasonable priced?

 

And labeled things like Space Orks and Space Dwarfs?

 

I miss those days.

 

The Auld Grump

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Remember, back in the day, when the GW plastic boxes were semi-reasonable priced?

 

And labeled things like Space Orks and Space Dwarfs?

 

I miss those days.

 

The Auld Grump

 

The days when you could get 3 rhinos in one box, for $25 (Canadian).......

Yes, sir. I miss those days as well......

 

Reverend Shartan

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

image.png.9bd3337f9ddde2c8882d6b24d90d0d77.png

There's also this RPG - 

image.png.692aed00cfe046e1461fa765a1e04089.png

As well as Zoinks! An RPG from the old Dungeon/Polyhedron magazine.

 

The Auld Grump

 

 

Can you send me this link? I need them for my Bloodbowl Vampire team.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Can you send me this link? I need them for my Bloodbowl Vampire team.

 

Search "pop minis" on MMF.....they have 4 different packs on there right now.

 

 

Reverend Shartan

Edited by Reverend Shartan
updated information
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Mixed feelings about this - no real use for them, but being able to buy a good sized not-Eldar force at that price....

 

We know Eldar players.

 

Christmas is coming.

 

We have the technology.... We can make it better than it was before.

 

Better. Faster. Stronger....

 

The Auld Grump

 

I like the designs but have no use for it.

 

Seriously dislike having to e-mail someone to cancel the account.  Got a rapid reply so that's not too bad but man, automate that broccoli.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Video for HI.

No use for them but people who like Eldar will.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xir66kk4B4

 

@Illithar I'm in the same boat, tempted by the Gnolls.

The question is how many gnols does one need?

Already got a lot of them.

15 minutes ago, JoeGKushner said:

 

I like the designs but have no use for it.

 

Seriously dislike having to e-mail someone to cancel the account.  Got a rapid reply so that's not too bad but man, automate that broccoli.

 

I did the same.

No use for scifi.

 

Chat with them and tell them what you do like and dislike.

If enough people tell them, they might change that.

So far I've noticed they take suggestions quite well.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Video for HI.

No use for them but people who like Eldar will.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xir66kk4B4

 

@Illithar I'm in the same boat, tempted by the Gnolls.

The question is how many gnols does one need?

Already got a lot of them.

 

I did the same.

No use for scifi.

 

Chat with them and tell them what you do like and dislike.

If enough people tell them, they might change that.

So far I've noticed they take suggestions quite well.

Yeah, I am working on convincing myself to not back them next month. I am trying to cut back and it is NOT helping. The sculpts are great but I don't need them. I may pick up one or two at a later date though.

 

I feel disappointed at every turn when I hear about a Patreon doing a 'Sci-Fi' release or a new Patreon dedicated to 'Sci-Fi' and it turns out to be just 40k proxies. They can't call them that, gotta avoid GW as much as they can while still making their stuff, but UGH. Patreon's like Cyberforge didn't start that way, but now every release they do at least half of it is 40k with the serial numbers filed off. A handful of pieces are generic enough that I could say that they weren't 40k Space Marines and most people wouldn't question it, but the latest stuff are Ork's, next month even has a Warboss. It also seems that Archvillain is looking to branch out into Sci-Fi at some point (My guess would be as a separate Patreon, kind of like Titan Forge/Cyberforge). They sent out a survey asking about it, I basically responded 'go for it but if it's just 40k stuff I am out'. Seriously, I do like Fantasy and there are some great original sculptors out there, but damn it I want some original Sci-Fi stuff too. *desk flip*

 

Thank you for coming to my Ted Rant.

 

10 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

Seriously dislike having to e-mail someone to cancel the account.  Got a rapid reply so that's not too bad but man, automate that broccoli.

From what I can tell, the other sculptors with their independent sites, Loot Studios* and Print My Mini's, both had the same setup. Not sure why.

 

*Side note: is it possible at all to get Loot Studios stuff after month it was up for backers? I've never subscribed but I've seen some of their stuff that I wanted to pick up, they have an MMF store but it hasn't been updated in months.

 

In better news Ritual Casting for next month looks pretty awesome. (Note: this is the censored version that Ben uploads for the public post, I added the poorly drawn briefs just in case.)

828788871_Screenshot2021-10-28173120.thumb.png.e84dc5cae7bdddc22e35825906e9f151.png

Edited by Illithar
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Illithar said:

*Side note: is it possible at all to get Loot Studios stuff after month it was up for backers? I've never subscribed but I've seen some of their stuff that I wanted to pick up, they have an MMF store but it hasn't been updated in months.

 

Yes it is possible...at least through their site.

 

Say you have subscribed to their November fantasy release. Find the tab that says "Old Loots". It will list all the "packages" they have released. Click "get loot" or whatever it's called, and it's put into your account.

 

That being said, I'm not sure if you can do that without subscribing to the current release.....

 

 

Reverend Shartan

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...