Sign in to follow this  
TheAuldGrump

3D Printing Patreons

Yeah, I'm really liking the giant, dude on bear, and the Valkyrie.

the nursing troll(?) lady is kinda weird, but I like to too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

Titan Forge November looks great

12_November_Release.thumb.jpg.157bf6429c4bdd34b3952cbc49016964.jpg

Well, I need a tiefling bard & there is one. Too bad, it's not female (I think).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Minimonstermayhem...

OMG,...

image.png.e9a8cd8c179d1aa85ba3fb5073157531.png

My reaction when I saw the aboleths.

I had planned on just one month, then out.... Now they have just added a Loyalty program, and their previews of the underwater critters have been awesome.

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

Too. Many. Good. Patreons.

I'm gonna have to cut some to jump on some others... probably AVG and maaaybe Heroes Infinite depending on what they do for next month.

• Like 1

I switch when a theme doesn't suit me and get another.

Indeed too many good ones, I feel like a kid in a candystore with €1,-

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I switch when a theme doesn't suit me and get another.

Indeed too many good ones, I feel like a kid in a candystore with €1,-

The problem is that each one is reasonably priced.

We definitely get our money's worth from each of them - the problem is that there are so many of them! And all worth the price of admission.

We joined Epic, just the other day.... Way, way, way too much worthwhile stuff, at a great price.

Lost Kingdom is getting dropped for next month - but will be right back on when they do more 2nd Dynasty undead.

We may drop Epic for the beginning of the month, but will jump right back on, mid-month. They don't have a Loyalty Program, so we wouldn't lose anything.

And I foisted their Arctic Nights adventure off on Megan - Norse game, white dragons, frost giants, and dwarfs... I can see those being used together.

Though, I have to admit, my own plans for using such a set, plus the ship... well, let us just say it would be The Terror. Shipwreck in frozen wastes, seeking a passage to the sea. (For just one time, I would take the Northwest passage, to find the hand of Franklin, reaching for the Beaufort Sea. Tracing one warm line, through a land so wide and savage, to make a Northwest Passage, to the sea....)

The Auld Grump - hopefully, more Endurance than Terror....

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The problem is that each one is reasonably priced.

We definitely get our money's worth from each of them - the problem is that there are so many of them! And all worth the price of admission.

We joined Epic, just the other day.... Way, way, way too much worthwhile stuff, at a great price.

Oh I agree, but I can only afford so much.

Epic is good value and I have all their sets now.

Might drop them when they do the Chtulhu theme and go back when things are fantasy again.

AG is awesome and I will stick around for December to get the Alfar Demon at the least.

I want the Naga girls and am waiting till they get the presupported set, not so much because of the supports, but because then I get 50% off.

Love MMM and Lost Kindom.

Lord of the Print, Heroes Infinite, Arch Villain, etc etc

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 2:49 AM, Glitterwolf said:

@haldir mentioned this, so ..ehhh...I bought it.

image.png.f1b9a343a6b315fcfb62c35434145f9e.png

You are going to paint her hood and cloak red, right?  I may have to pick that one up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

You are going to paint her hood and cloak red, right?  I may have to pick that one up

She's listed ad Little Red Riding Hood.

And while were on the subject, I'm also going to get this from 3D artguy.

image.thumb.png.8284bf77ccba7e50b681de3a5d8c9891.pngimage.thumb.png.64515cadc15e618a1108f089d105807f.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

She's listed ad Little Red Riding Hood.

And while were on the subject, I'm also going to get this from 3D artguy.

image.thumb.png.8284bf77ccba7e50b681de3a5d8c9891.pngimage.thumb.png.64515cadc15e618a1108f089d105807f.png

Dorothy, is... something wrong?

Makes me want to reread Chesire Crossing.... (Sadly, Cheshire Crossing is unlikely to continue as a webcomic - Andy Weir's first novel did well enough that it was turned into a major motion picture.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

Cast n Play has a Kickstarter running right now, as well as their regular Patreon.

The KS has a 50% discount code for MyMiniFactory - and all sales using the discount code count toward the Stretch Goals for the KS.

Almost included the code - but was worried that snuck a little too close to a Commerce Violation.

I am thinking that the Heroes Vol. 1 Bundle, from the Patreon, looks kind of sexy with a 50% off code.

720X720-heroes-vol1-release-castnplay.jp

56 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

And the Scifi part of the set is this

image.thumb.png.3db7a6b6a4c635497b6dab4a1e39783b.png

That elven rogue gets a +2 bonus to Distract checks....

On 10/24/2020 at 1:33 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Oh I agree, but I can only afford so much.

Epic is good value and I have all their sets now.

Might drop them when they do the Chtulhu theme and go back when things are fantasy again.

AG is awesome and I will stick around for December to get the Alfar Demon at the least.

I want the Naga girls and am waiting till they get the presupported set, not so much because of the supports, but because then I get 50% off.

Love MMM and Lost Kindom.

Lord of the Print, Heroes Infinite, Arch Villain, etc etc

And therein lies the problem - we are looking at a $71 Patreon fee, unless we drop a few....

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

And therein lies the problem - we are looking at a $71 Patreon fee, unless we drop a few....

The Auld Grump

Although the value is awesome for most, they don't disappear.

Not only will the items show up on MMF or a similar site later, more than often there will be some sort of sale so you can get it for a reasonable price later.

I have two or three at the same time at the most and then of course a KS and a Sale here and there.

I try to choose the ones of which I'm certain that I will print/paint it at some point and it need to fit my projects.

Even then, still not easy to resist.

In the end this is a luxury problem of course.

It's not helping that there are so many talented designers our there.

I sometimes look at my collection of files ( and my unpainted stash) and feel a little guilty about the sheer amount of files and minis.

I might never be able to paint them all during my lifetime.

But they're so cool!!!

• Like 2