Jump to content

3D Printing Patreons


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:


Printing him up now, of course.  The actual project isn't super-exciting for me as I have a ton of Dwarf Scenery from other projects and really never need another Dwarf mini, but who can say no to a free wiener?


image.thumb.png.e0baca8b13088fd2f24e0adc0e850716.png

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lidless Eye said:


image.thumb.png.e0baca8b13088fd2f24e0adc0e850716.png

 

I want to back this one, but I'm really not sure if the value is there. It's up to 48 minis and 7 buildings, with more stretch goals to come, but it's costing the equivalent of about 6-8 months of a Patreon.

 

Edit: For comparison, their own Patreon gets you about 20 minis per month for $10. So you would need to get 80 minis from this Kickstarter to be as good as their monthly Patreon. Based on the current stretch goals, even doubling their funding from now will still only end up at about 60 minis.

 

The other thing I'm not loving is that they've got 10 axe warriors and 10 hammer warriors, but they are the same poses, just with weapon, head and beard swaps. Now you wouldn't notice it too much unless the minis were side by side, but it still feels a little lazy.

 

Am I being too harsh and it's just that Patreons generally offer ridiculously good deals?

Edited by Olaf the Stout
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Olaf the Stout said:

 

I want to back this one, but I'm really not sure if the value is there. It's up to 48 minis and 7 buildings, with more stretch goals to come, but it's costing the equivalent of about 6-8 months of a Patreon.

 

Edit: For comparison, their own Patreon gets you about 20 minis per month for $10. So you would need to get 80 minis from this Kickstarter to be as good as their monthly Patreon. Based on the current stretch goals, even doubling their funding from now will still only end up at about 60 minis.

 

The other thing I'm not loving is that they've got 10 axe warriors and 10 hammer warriors, but they are the same poses, just with weapon, head and beard swaps. Now you wouldn't notice it too much unless the minis were side by side, but it still feels a little lazy.

 

Am I being too harsh and it's just that Patreons generally offer ridiculously good deals?

 

I'm with you there.  I see Kickstarters that are basically a month of Patreon for six times the price.  It's one of the things that have soured me on Asgard Rising as they seem to abandon their Patreon when they do a Kickstarter that is little more than two months of a theme crammed together.

 

  It's a tough market to compete in these days!

 

 Coincidentally it inspired me to grill some burgers and hot dogs today, unfortunately half the hot dogs got overexposed.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

 

I'm with you there.  I see Kickstarters that are basically a month of Patreon for six times the price.  It's one of the things that have soured me on Asgard Rising as they seem to abandon their Patreon when they do a Kickstarter that is little more than two months of a theme crammed together.

 

  It's a tough market to compete in these days!

 

 Coincidentally it inspired me to grill some burgers and hot dogs today, unfortunately half the hot dogs got overexposed.

 

Well the early bird ended today, so I've backed it for now, but may drop it if the value isn't there at the end. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Well the early bird ended today, so I've backed it for now, but may drop it if the value isn't there at the end. 

I was torn about that one as well. But as Bones 6 is starting in three days I decided to hold back on this one. Budget this year is somewhat tricky. Supporting all the social goals though, so hopefully the value of KS will be better for those who pledged.

I really like all the non-combatant minis. Hopefully, those will get released on MMF at some point. The flower seller is simply great ❤️ 

image.png.83106cae566ba7477e683b99d168a121.png

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Minsky07 said:

I was torn about that one as well. But as Bones 6 is starting in three days I decided to hold back on this one. Budget this year is somewhat tricky. Supporting all the social goals though, so hopefully the value of KS will be better for those who pledged.

I really like all the non-combatant minis. Hopefully, those will get released on MMF at some point. The flower seller is simply great ❤️ 

image.png.83106cae566ba7477e683b99d168a121.png

Now that I have a 3D printer, I'm not sure if I'll be getting much from the Bones 6 Kickstarter. It will likely be limited to just some of the bigger minis and/or terrain and I can always just pledge $1 and get things later via the Pledge Manager.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Minsky07 said:

I was torn about that one as well. But as Bones 6 is starting in three days I decided to hold back on this one. Budget this year is somewhat tricky. Supporting all the social goals though, so hopefully the value of KS will be better for those who pledged.

I really like all the non-combatant minis. Hopefully, those will get released on MMF at some point. The flower seller is simply great ❤️ 

image.png.83106cae566ba7477e683b99d168a121.png


She is really nice, but on the "Lidless Eye never needs another Dwarf mini" I also have the gardener from Vae Victis...and was planning on printing them super-sized as a Garden Gnome.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here are some more April previews

 

Narnaa is doing furniture.

 

1494011767_NarnaaApril.jpg.f7c8b6b90b9338f0d4e9ec4fb21a7d40.jpg

 

Rubim has a character from Dress up Darling.  I've not read or watched, but perhaps I'll give it a try in the next week or two.

 

1297141661_RubimApril.thumb.jpg.6f2a638fe053655c5b02823aff4153f7.jpg

 

NomNom has two full size and two chibis.  If you need a Warhammer Waifu to watch you game, here's your chance.

 

2008839488_NomNomApril.thumb.jpg.ef3eeed81ebffe8ff43220bd337c700d.jpg

 

Ritual casting.

 

718206570_RitualCastingApril.thumb.png.395806fc200d14385561f754c06413f0.png

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gamescape3D will have (more) ruined houses and a medieval paper mill.  I'm about ruined housed out, but I certainly have yet to acquire a paper mill.

 

GS3D1.thumb.jpg.3c67d1ceaa8ab800161f51017288fdeb.jpg

GS3D3.thumb.jpg.71c0bbbdab0414811357b0cb06296693.jpg

GS3D2.thumb.jpg.e37c59bd18051b80aaa5c7c1458be055.jpg

GS3D4.thumb.jpg.12fc74311450287f0eac0bf512c1ea72.jpg

 

Raw is basically just the pin-up now.  In the past they were 54 & 75mm, but if I remember this one will be scaled to 75 & 120mm.

 

Heilog_Preview.thumb.jpg.471110531633d22c4ea13c9bfe39fd0f.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...