3D Printing Patreons

14 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Yasashii Kyojin Studios on MMF, lots of free stuff.

Goose Hydra for example..

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-28 152351.jpg

What is that? Canada's new WMD? A two-headed cobra chicken?

• Haha 3

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ended up backing Bite The Bullet for June. The deal was way too good to pass up. I’m tempted to grab a couple of their previous releases with the 50% discount.

Also backed Clay Cyanide as I’m a sucker for Aztecs.

Will be staying for next month for both of them.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2022 at 11:22 PM, Corsair said:

What is that? Canada's new WMD? A two-headed cobra chicken?

There's a 5 headed version as well

image.png.27f2702edcef73453ac450fdc788442e.png

Not to be confused with Megoosa, the insomniac, from Ogareg Miniatures

image.png.993e84f1178aca54974d8acb748b7bd6.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Nothing like the jumping in on a Patreon the last day of the month, :poke:. Joined up with Bite the Bullet, I'll drop out later tonight, as I really don't want to get dinged twice, but the anv offer was too good to pass up.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, haldir said:

Nothing like the jumping in on a Patreon the last day of the month, :poke:. Joined up with Bite the Bullet, I'll drop out later tonight, as I really don't want to get dinged twice, but the anv offer was too good to pass up.

Honestly, it wasn’t until I downloaded everything that I realised just how many releases they were effectively giving Patrons. Since it was such a good deal, in exchange I also went and bought a couple more off MMF with the 50% discount.

• Like 2

Lost Kingdoms Again Undead Pirates and Sea Creatures.

I got the first Set but somehow these aren't doing it for me.

I want to like them, but I just find these too much over the top with all the fish parts.

The Sirens look like they won't be able to stand on those flimsy water parts but I could be wrong.

Also Heroes Infinite are doing Pirates, and again I want to like them but I would only use one or two models.

Hmmm Maybe I'm getting very picky because I already have so much..

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-01 093938.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-01 094003.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-01 094027.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-01 094042.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-01 094055.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-01 094543.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah, those sirens look like they’ll snap off their base if you look at them funny.

Just checked out the Heroes Infinite release. Is it me or do all of their individual minis seem like they’re “too much”?

Almost all of them have something swirling around them or some extra effect. Those are nice occasionally, but not for every single mini.

Edited by Olaf the Stout
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Yeah, those sirens look like they’ll snap off their base if you look at them funny.

Just checked out the Heroes Infinite release. Is it me or do all of their individual minis seem like they’re “too much”?

Almost all of them have something swirling around them or some extra effect. Those are nice occasionally, but not for every single mini.

The unit champion for their not-Empire had that for me.  Back banners that then wrapped around her, etc.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

The unit champion for their not-Empire had that for me.  Back banners that then wrapped around her, etc.

It’s ok if they are a separate piece that you can choose to leave off if you want. Something like what you’ve described makes that impossible though.

• Like 2

So... I did go ahead and hop on Heroes Infinite last month. I didn't get around to printing anything until now than and... uh. So I scaled this one up, way up, 325% up. I didn't notice this when I was putting the supports on to print this. The ammo belt just kind of disappears when it gets to the gun. and the bullets change size as you go up or down the belt. It looks like might have been sculpted straight and then just 'bent' to work into the pose and no adjustments were made. Not to mention there's no where for the casings to come out the other side.

20220702_001340.thumb.jpg.c7dc9984112237fa9b2fe81e5493b68b.jpg

Honestly, I still like the sculpt, it's like a Victorian Steampunk Vasquez from Aliens. But it's weird issues like this on sculpts that can really bother me. 

20220702_002140.thumb.jpg.ecf9ce8510d57ca5580f2faa4dfbf9e4.jpg

Thinking more, the belt seems almost like an after thought. Like it was added after it was complete for... reasons. The design of the  gun strikes me as more of an raygun style weapon than a slugthrower.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Yeah I like Heroes Infinite, but I'm getting a bit saturated and indeed sometimes the extra bits are a bit too much.

I feel like that about the Lost Kingdom rleease for this Month as well, how many fish parts can one drowned zombie have?

Dragon Trapper's Lodge for July.

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-02 113631.jpg

• Like 3

So before bed last night I got a BookeyFace notification from Goon Master Games. It was a turnaround video of one of the sculpts for this month's Patreon.

wT2ajJk.png

Yah, I may need to get that one. 🐿️

The bonus stuff for Patreon doesn't look bad either from them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2