3D Printing Patreons

2 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Artisan Guild is now Betaing using MMF for monthly packages. 

Titan/Cyber Forge is as well. They have been doing post-month fulfillment through MMF for a bit now, so has Archvillain Games. But, I got redemption links for this month already from Titan/Cyber Forge.

Haven't received anything from Artisan Guild yet, but I believe they are starting with their earliest Patreon releases and going forward from there, so it may take them a bit to catch up.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/2/2020 at 12:36 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Castle of Terror Set from Epic is up!

And the last items are these ladies!

image.png.d913268283887e6df670862d92366448.png

image.png.c196446349c409fb7746d81583b606cf.pngimage.png.9c704178bca6e108ad765c78473fd319.png

Huh - I just realized that Epic deliberately has an overlap between when the new set comes out, and the old set goes away - until the 7th, you can download both the Arctic set (including the Pirate Ship) and the Castle of Terror set (including the church).

I cannot think of a better way to encourage people to join early in the month. (I joined too late, last month - if I knew then what I know now....)

While not my favorite Patreon, it is quite easily the best value for money. (Artisan Guild was our first 3D printing Patreon, and remains my favorite - but this is a very close second, just for that incredible value for money.)

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 5

On 11/2/2020 at 12:50 AM, TheAuldGrump said:

Hmmmm I rather like the not-mind-flayer bundle from Archvillain, this month -

image.png.28c293625a7c6735d5e5448792a42ae2.png

Megan has laid claim, but I can use them for the Regency Space game,

That ship will not follow the standard rules for movement.

Able to slide in and out of the sidereal universe, and paying no attention to the Whorls and currents.

It needs a theme song, all its own.

The PCs only had brief contact with them, in the last Regency Space campaign - they aren't mind flayers, instead they devour the brain, then implant a larva in the cavity, containing the memories stolen from the devoured brain.

Over time, that larva subsumes the host, and I see this set contains a dragon that has been subsumed....

The Auld Grump

I took a nap, had a dream, and now I WANT that ship.

Call it a worst case scenario.
:;,;:

On 11/2/2020 at 12:50 AM, TheAuldGrump said:

Hmmmm I rather like the not-mind-flayer bundle from Archvillain, this month -

image.png.28c293625a7c6735d5e5448792a42ae2.png

Megan has laid claim, but I can use them for the Regency Space game,

That ship will not follow the standard rules for movement.

Able to slide in and out of the sidereal universe, and paying no attention to the Whorls and currents.

It needs a theme song, all its own.

The PCs only had brief contact with them, in the last Regency Space campaign - they aren't mind flayers, instead they devour the brain, then implant a larva in the cavity, containing the memories stolen from the devoured brain.

Over time, that larva subsumes the host, and I see this set contains a dragon that has been subsumed....

The Auld Grump

I took a nap, had a dream, and now I WANT that ship.

Call it a worst case scenario.
:;,;:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Claycyanide also uses MMF now.

And about EPIC?

They also give you a throwback folder, so if you're new and in time you're getting:

Last Month's Set

This Month's Set

Welcome Pack

Throwback Set

All for one month's fee.

Epic is easily, easily the best value for dollar.

And this month they had two Throwback sets. (One was an early set, so rather small - so the bulked it up with another older set.)

Plus, I rather like the very traditional style they use.

I think my next kids game will be an Arctic Survival style game, beginning with a shipwreck - and a mysteriously missing crew.

I will give the PCs a list of what they can loot from the ship, and a limit on what they can carry - a backpack each, and one dog sled. Ship, sled, and most of the encounters are from last month's Epic Patreon.

The first encounter will be bugbears - looking at the PCs and their dogs as food - not just because they are evil, because they are starving.

The Auld Grump - there are strange things done,

'Neath the midnight sun,

By the men that moil for gold.

The arctic trails

Have their secret tales

That would make your blood run cold.....

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Epic is easily, easily the best value for dollar.

And this month they had two Throwback sets. (One was an early set, so rather small - so the bulked it up with another older set.)

Plus, I rather like the very traditional style they use.

I think my next kids game will be an Arctic Survival style game, beginning with a shipwreck - and a mysteriously missing crew.

I will give the PCs a list of what they can loot from the ship, and a limit on what they can carry - a backpack each, and one dog sled. Ship, sled, and most of the encounters are from last month's Epic Patreon.

The first encounter will be bugbears - looking at the PCs and their dogs as food - not just because they are evil, because they are starving.

The Auld Grump - there are strange things done,

'Neath the midnight sun,

By the men that moil for gold.

The arctic trails

Have their secret tales

That would make your blood run cold.....

As I understood it the two throwback sets per month is going to be their standard going forward, not something to just bulk up old sets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cmorse said:

As I understood it the two throwback sets per month is going to be their standard going forward, not something to just bulk up old sets.

One is a welcome pack, which will grow, and they always throw in another pack.

I already have everything so, for me it's only the newer additions to the welcome pack and the Monthly Set from now on, but given the amount of minis and all it's great value.

And I like that the terrain/ ship and such huge things come in parts so they can be printed on a Resin printer as well.

They also make a file for FDM for those.

The collection of files is growing and maybe even getting out of hand.

I really need to paint more and I'm already thinking about an extra external hard drive.

In theory I have so much that I will never get to paint it all, so I could stop buying, but then there is a new awesome design and I just want it as well.

First World Problem for sure..

• Haha 1

Don't get an external drive, get a NAS with 3 or more drive bays. 

No fumbling and plugging it in when you need files, just connect to it over the network. 

Most of them can also be accessed by smart TVs...

Imagine having all the Miniature Monthly videos downloaded and selectable from your big screen TV... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Don't get an external drive, get a NAS with 3 or more drive bays. 

No fumbling and plugging it in when you need files, just connect to it over the network. 

Most of them can also be accessed by smart TVs...

Imagine having all the Miniature Monthly videos downloaded and selectable from your big screen TV... 

I will have to look into that, I'm not that technical...

Eh...   

My NAS (Synology) currently have 2x4TB disks and a 12TB, so I get about 8TB space... currently... 

(With RAID, you need 3 or more drives, one goes away for parity checksums - assume the largest - then take the smallest drive and multiply the size by the number of remaining disks. I plan to swap the two 4TB drives with 12TB editions later. Then I'll have 24TB storage)

The big advantage with a NAS is that YOU have the control. No overeager service provider scanning it for 'copyrighted contents' and deleting it. No problems streaming something when your internet connection is less than reliable... 

None of the 'Mega360 was just raided and the feds took all the servers'... 

Most of them are pretty easy to set up. And you can find the user manuals online, so it's possible to read up on them. 

Some of them can even run 3rd party SW. (I ran a smart home SW on mine for a little while. )

Just keep it in a locked cabinet somewhere so that burglars can't find and nick it. 

Of course, some can also sync to a cloud service...   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

One is a welcome pack, which will grow, and they always throw in another pack.

I already have everything so, for me it's only the newer additions to the welcome pack and the Monthly Set from now on, but given the amount of minis and all it's great value.

And I like that the terrain/ ship and such huge things come in parts so they can be printed on a Resin printer as well.

They also make a file for FDM for those.

The collection of files is growing and maybe even getting out of hand.

I really need to paint more and I'm already thinking about an extra external hard drive.

In theory I have so much that I will never get to paint it all, so I could stop buying, but then there is a new awesome design and I just want it as well.

First World Problem for sure..

Just double checked. From this month on it's two throwback sets every month. It's was their hitting 500 patreon thing.

• Thanks 2