Jump to content

3D Printing Patreons


Recommended Posts

Took Belksasar, Titanforge and Witchsong.

Getting Primal Collectibles from the Creator Boost and somehow also got Lionheartforge.

 

Belksasar:

That Hero and Heroine in the centre slightly remind me of a couple...hmmm, I really wonder....can't put my finger on it...

 

 

 

Schermafbeelding 2023-11-02 183013.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wound up unsubscribing from all of my Tribes for this month.  There was some interesting stuff, but nothing that truly grabbed my attention...  Not to mention the fact that two of them didn't have a teaser or release info for November by October 30th...

 

I'll keep an eye on those places though, since December looked particularly interesting... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I wound up unsubscribing from all of my Tribes for this month.  There was some interesting stuff, but nothing that truly grabbed my attention...  Not to mention the fact that two of them didn't have a teaser or release info for November by October 30th...

 

I'll keep an eye on those places though, since December looked particularly interesting... 

 

There are some tribes that only show the preview if you join nowadays.

That's just plain stupid, I'm not paying for something I don't see.

I want to know what you got first and then decide.

 

That said, you might have reached a point of saturation and becoming more critical.

I find myself in that spot as well, although I did find a few tribes this month I like, and I take $1 Witchsong that always provides at least one creator boost free tribe.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

There are some tribes that only show the preview if you join nowadays.

That's just plain stupid, I'm not paying for something I don't see.

I want to know what you got first and then decide.

 

That said, you might have reached a point of saturation and becoming more critical.

I find myself in that spot as well, although I did find a few tribes this month I like, and I take $1 Witchsong that always provides at least one creator boost free tribe.

That really annoys me too. There’s one that does pop culture STLs that constantly only has pics of what’s available that month only for backers, despite me telling them several times that they’re missing free advertising by doing that.

 

I’m not going to back them for random pop culture minis, but chances are I’ll back them for many different types of pop culture minis if they interest me. Bit hard for me to do that if I don’t know what they’ve created.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Took Belksasar, Titanforge and Witchsong.

Getting Primal Collectibles from the Creator Boost and somehow also got Lionheartforge.

 

Belksasar:

That Hero and Heroine in the centre slightly remind me of a couple...hmmm, I really wonder....can't put my finger on it...

 

 

 

Schermafbeelding 2023-11-02 183013.jpg

Nah, never seen them before. The absolutely were not in a movie from the 80s that my dad and I watched too many times to count.  

 

 

2 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

That really annoys me too. There’s one that does pop culture STLs that constantly only has pics of what’s available that month only for backers, despite me telling them several times that they’re missing free advertising by doing that.

 

I’m not going to back them for random pop culture minis, but chances are I’ll back them for many different types of pop culture minis if they interest me. Bit hard for me to do that if I don’t know what they’ve created.

 

This is right up there with one creator that I backed for a month for a particular model, who refused to put his stuff for sale anywhere after it was released because "that made it too easy for pirates"  His models were only available to patrons and only during the month theyw ere released and that was final and anyone who tried to discuss it with him was getting banned.  Never mind the fact that the pirates who were sharing his stuff on the illicit STL sales sites were patrons, and if he were to have put his stuff for sale on Cults or MMF or something it might have actually taken sales away from the pirates.....

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

Nah, never seen them before. The absolutely were not in a movie from the 80s that my dad and I watched too many times to count.  

 

 

 

This is right up there with one creator that I backed for a month for a particular model, who refused to put his stuff for sale anywhere after it was released because "that made it too easy for pirates"  His models were only available to patrons and only during the month theyw ere released and that was final and anyone who tried to discuss it with him was getting banned.  Never mind the fact that the pirates who were sharing his stuff on the illicit STL sales sites were patrons, and if he were to have put his stuff for sale on Cults or MMF or something it might have actually taken sales away from the pirates.....

That’s just dumb.

 

The creator I was dealing with never claimed it was for anti-pirate reasons. I just think they weren’t great at promoting their work.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

There are some tribes that only show the preview if you join nowadays.

That's just plain stupid, I'm not paying for something I don't see.

I want to know what you got first and then decide.

 

That said, you might have reached a point of saturation and becoming more critical.

I find myself in that spot as well, although I did find a few tribes this month I like, and I take $1 Witchsong that always provides at least one creator boost free tribe.

Yeah, I never understood why some will hide the info.  If I can't see what I'm getting before I've bought they've already made it so they're not getting anything from me.  Stuff like Creator Boosts is nice, but I need to know what the core offering is, and I usually want to be interested in such. 

 

It's a combination of things, but while I do like to support creators, if the product on offer isn't of any interest to me that month, I'm not putting money into a sub for that month - I'd sooner put the money into other models from them I desire.  Another part was two of them hadn't showcased what was coming in November (Witchguild and their new one), and there was also wanting to get more paints as well as Copic markers, and hobbying budget will be rather limited this month. 

 

But yeah, the whole "models are neat but I'd never print let alone paint them" bit is definitely a huge factor for me, it's why I pay attention to White Werewolf Tavern but they weren't the first Tribe I signed up for, since it's been months (or even a year now) since they released sculpts I knew I wanted to acquire, print, and paint. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...