3D Printing Patreons

3 hours ago, zemjw said:

The pre-order thing went up two weekends ago, and sold out instantly. The "in the shops" date is this Saturday, the 20th.

The first re-releases are Bretonnians and Tomb Kings

I checked the GW site, which I normally never visit. The TK Army box consists of the old models with the exception of a new undead dinosaurlike monster with howdah. 

Price is of course pretty high.

I would like the Armybook/journal.

I don't play the games but I like the background stories and artwork in those books.

As for the minis, hoping for more new stuff.

• Like 3

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Old World being mostly stuff from twenty years ago (but a few heroes being new, or "never released, but it's 'new' from 2008") had me going "well, that's easy enough to skip on with all the competition that's out there, including from their own Age of Sigmar line... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Yeah, Old World being mostly stuff from twenty years ago (but a few heroes being new, or "never released, but it's 'new' from 2008") had me going "well, that's easy enough to skip on with all the competition that's out there, including from their own Age of Sigmar line... 

You'd be surprised on how deep the fanatism of GW fans can run. While I'll never get into Warhammer, I was a fan of their rpg system back in the 80s. I've never really been a fan of AoS.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, haldir said:

You'd be surprised on how deep the fanatism of GW fans can run. While I'll never get into Warhammer, I was a fan of their rpg system back in the 80s. I've never really been a fan of AoS.

Having seen it in person, oh, it's interesting just how fanatically loyal some of their fans are.  I was moderately excited to hear the old world was coming back, but oooooof that box is a simple case of I cannot justify it.  Leviathan was easy for me - I wanted to paint Tyranids, and the box came with some crunchy and spicy snacks for them.  Hubby going "hey, I'm curious about the game, and like Space Wolves" helped immensely too.  New scale brings them more in line with the sizes I enjoy painting too. 

Age of Sigmar for me is... Well, the refreshed range of Lizardmen (aka Seraphon) really helps too, since I always wanted to paint those and hubby was all "hey, I like those..." 

But yeah.  I'm happy it's coming back (even though the rules writer that made through 6th edition so much fun now writes Conquest rules), but I was rather sad to not see a box full of new sculpts.  Oh well, it's why I have a 3d printer - okay, we all know it's so I can print 6"+ tall werewolves, but still! 😛

• Like 2

Same.  Old world tempted me strongly, but I passed my will save to avoid falling back in this time.  I love me some WHFB, but OPR's AoF:R fills that void for me pretty well, with new models and fast light paced rules (And a whole heck of a lot cheaper). 
The bigest temptation on old world is it would be easier to find a game, but I'll also admit to being dissappointed over the fact that GW has spent the better part of three years teasing Old World and getting stuff together for this release and only released two new models for the whole line.....

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Same.  Old world tempted me strongly, but I passed my will save to avoid falling back in this time.  I love me some WHFB, but OPR's AoF:R fills that void for me pretty well, with new models and fast light paced rules (And a whole heck of a lot cheaper). 
The bigest temptation on old world is it would be easier to find a game, but I'll also admit to being dissappointed over the fact that GW has spent the better part of three years teasing Old World and getting stuff together for this release and only released two new models for the whole line.....

The price of that armybox is ridicilous especially since all are about 30 years old designs but one.

I got PDF files for Undying Dynasties and the Original Tomb Kings 8th edition Army Book. if the Journal isn't too expensive i might pick that up just for fun.

But that's it.

With all the 3d TK/Undying Dynasties etc out there, I will just print and paint those.

Fill the units out with Reaper characters and some TT Combat minis and I can field 20 armies like this.

Right now I already own files for Egyptian Undead and monsters that can be used for that from:

• ArchVillain Games
  • Titanforge
  • MinaturesCrazy
  • OnePageRules
  • Signum
  • Txarli Miniatures
  • Creature Armory
  • Epic Miniatures
  • MiniMonsterMayhem
  • Heroes Infinite
  • Lubart Miniatures
  • Galaad 
  • Primeval Clash
  • ClayCyanide
  • Highlands Miniatures
  • Lost Kingdoms
  • AMini3D

I may have forgotten a few.

These are not counting my physical minis from Reaper, TT Combat and other companies.

The new GW TK Lord is not on a dino, but on a Necrolith Bone Dragon, I just looked at the head and it read dino to me at first.

Of course this means I will print a Dino Skeleton now and put an Undead Lord on that one!

If I can get my hands on just that Dragon for a reasonable price I might consider it, although I don't really like assembling such kits.

I sold a Seraphon Dino a while ago because of that.

Waiting to see what the rest of Titanforge's February set will be to fill out my collection.

Do I need it? Nope. Do I want it..Yes..

Let's admit it we're all addicted to collecting this stuff right...?

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Fill the units out with Reaper characters and some TT Combat minis and I can field 20 armies like this.

I remember getting into a argument with someone on here regarding this particular sentence. Boiled down to I can get a better miniature for a better price. It has been the only time on here, I've issued an apology to Reaper & everyone about my posting. That's how upset & angry I was at the GW'diot err I mean guy.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, haldir said:

I remember getting into a argument with someone on here regarding this particular sentence. Boiled down to I can get a better miniature for a better price. It has been the only time on here, I've issued an apology to Reaper & everyone about my posting. That's how upset & angry I was at the GW'diot err I mean guy.

Odd,

I think everybody wants value for their money.

Thing with GW is that if you want to play their games in a tournament, you can't use minis from another brand.

This might have something to do with that attitude of some gamers?

I don't play games, I paint and collect and just for fun, but if I would play, I would like to field minis that I like and can afford, no matter the system.

Actually I played a few Warhammer games decades ago, nowadays I play the Total Warhammer version on my laptop, no hassle.

I loved Warhammer in the early years, I still like their background stories and some minis.

It's just that when they restart an obsolete army like the tomb Kings I had expected new sculpts for the whole set.

Not stuff that I already saw 30 years ago with the exception of that one Lord on a Bone Dragon.

Now if this box was filled with all new sculpts and at a better price, I might have picked it up.

I already have my Shifting Sands Project, so I'll just print and paint more Undying Dynasties/Tomb King stuff soon.

And I still have some cool Reaper minis like the Egyptian Mummy Queen.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spinning things a bit differently, the Old World box being full of old sculpts has made it a lot easier for me to justify the cost of a Saturn 2 (or 3 Ultra if it's on sale when I have the cash) as well as various Tribes and/or STL files! ^_^

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Odd,

I think everybody wants value for their money.

Thing with GW is that if you want to play their games in a tournament, you can't use minis from another brand.

This might have something to do with that attitude of some gamers?

I don't play games, I paint and collect and just for fun, but if I would play, I would like to field minis that I like and can afford, no matter the system.

Actually I played a few Warhammer games decades ago, nowadays I play the Total Warhammer version on my laptop, no hassle.

I loved Warhammer in the early years, I still like their background stories and some minis.

It's just that when they restart an obsolete army like the tomb Kings I had expected new sculpts for the whole set.

Not stuff that I already saw 30 years ago with the exception of that one Lord on a Bone Dragon.

Now if this box was filled with all new sculpts and at a better price, I might have picked it up.

I already have my Shifting Sands Project, so I'll just print and paint more Undying Dynasties/Tomb King stuff soon.

And I still have some cool Reaper minis like the Egyptian Mummy Queen.

The whole tournament scene for Blood Bowl definitely isn’t like that. It’s only official GW tournaments that require you to use official GW minis. I literally only know of 1 or 2 worldwide that are “official” GW BB tournaments and one of those is played at Warhammer World in Nottingham.

The vast majority of BB tournament encourage and welcome 3rd party minis, likely due to the fact that 3rd party sculpts were the only support BB got for 15+ years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Olaf the Stout said:

The whole tournament scene for Blood Bowl definitely isn’t like that. It’s only official GW tournaments that require you to use official GW minis. I literally only know of 1 or 2 worldwide that are “official” GW BB tournaments and one of those is played at Warhammer World in Nottingham.

The vast majority of BB tournament encourage and welcome 3rd party minis, likely due to the fact that 3rd party sculpts were the only support BB got for 15+ years.

Thx for clearing that up.

I know in my days you could not play WHfB in a GW store if you didn't use official GW minis.

Maybe things have changed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Thx for clearing that up.

I know in my days you could not play WHfB in a GW store if you didn't use official GW minis.

Maybe things have changed.

Oh, you won’t be able to play in a GW store with non-GW minis, so times have not changed. But I think that’s fair enough too. It’s their store you’re playing in, so no issues with GW minis only.

However, most tournaments aren’t run in store or by GW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gotta love this 3d print stuff.

I wanted to buy some movement trays for my armies. Pretty expensive, then I took a look at Myminifactory and found FREE movement Trays for my Infantry.

Purchased a file for the Cavalry Tray for $3,-

Love it.

• Like 6

On 1/19/2024 at 7:34 AM, Olaf the Stout said:

Including that the World Cup is not run by GW, so all minis are allowed (as long as they're painted and identifiable). The two times I've attended I've used Aussie animals as a furry Lizardman team.

• Like 4

EPIC Miniatures goes Egyptian Undead again and will add a Throwback Set nr. 36 which is also Egyptian.

Since I missed out on that one it might be a good deal.

Adding Titanforge second Undying Dynasties Set in February and it will be a lot of Mummies.

• Like 2