Jump to content

3D Printing Patreons


Recommended Posts

Anyone know what files are .3mf? I needed to find something to fill a empty spot on the printing plate, so I opted to print out Hefesto, the fire giant from Artisan Guild & there are some files with that extension on it.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, haldir said:

Anyone know what files are .3mf? I needed to find something to fill a empty spot on the printing plate, so I opted to print out Hefesto, the fire giant from Artisan Guild & there are some files with that extension on it.

 

 

Load that file into windows 3d builder (free) and then save as STL. No problem.

I think if you originally build in win3d that it gets that extension.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/20/2024 at 2:19 AM, PaganMegan said:

We have both this AND the Epic miniatures version.

 

resize-775-nautiloid-air-ship-2.jpg

Definitely like the AV version better.

 

Do I want to use at least two bottles of resin printing it?

 

Am I right in thinking that the original AV version came out right after the original BG3 trailer came out?

She has the AV Nautiloid on the FDM printer, and parts for the OPR Skeletal Titan on the Saturn....

720X720-mu-skeleton-titan-render-ads-13.jpg.4384d4ce294942613dd2f1f2fb92e0cf.jpg

 

I can't quite put my finger on what they might have in common....

 

The Auld Grump

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Load that file into windows 3d builder (free) and then save as STL. No problem.

I think if you originally build in win3d that it gets that extension.

They were with the regular stl files, so need to convert. I just deleted them, ha ha.

 

Pretty sure Chitubox might open them, as I can pull .obj (object) files into a open Chitu window & it treats them like a regular stl file.

 

Gotta love coming home from a great session of D&D tonight to find that the fire giant bust from AG printed up on the mini (big bust) & I can hear that the Mighty4k upstairs has finished as well. I guess I will work on both in the morning.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

She has the AV Nautiloid on the FDM printer, and parts for the OPR Skeletal Titan on the Saturn....

720X720-mu-skeleton-titan-render-ads-13.jpg.4384d4ce294942613dd2f1f2fb92e0cf.jpg

 

I can't quite put my finger on what they might have in common....

 

The Auld Grump

 

That Giant..

I have a basic Elegoo Mars, is this guy in parts that would fit on the build plate of a small resin printer?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

That Giant..

I have a basic Elegoo Mars, is this guy in parts that would fit on the build plate of a small resin printer?

I think it is designed with the Mars in mind.

 

Even the (big) base is split into four parts.

 

Skull, body, right arm, left arm, collar 1, collar 2, and the base bits.

 

You may need to do three or four plates, even on the Saturn he needs two.

 

His torso is hollowed.

 

If I ever run a BG3 game for tabletop he will be Myrkul. I'm not planning on it, but we have the nautiloid, the illithids, and at least two Karlachs.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

I think it is designed with the Mars in mind.

 

Even the (big) base is split into four parts.

 

Skull, body, right arm, left arm, collar 1, collar 2, and the base bits.

 

You may need to do three or four plates, even on the Saturn he needs two.

 

His torso is hollowed.

 

If I ever run a BG3 game for tabletop he will be Myrkul. I'm not planning on it, but we have the nautiloid, the illithids, and at least two Karlachs.

 

Thank you.

Since I collect a lot of Egyptian Undead ( I have almost everything from OPR ) I was eying this one.

I'll wait for a Sale then and grab it one time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This came up in a email from MMF - bb374399-ptrollrender.png

 

It's the welcome pack from Artisan Troll. It's a dollar for their Tribe. I may have to try em out, thou they don't really have allot to offer right now.

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Anyone know if it's possible to still acquire some of the Collective Studio models?  I'd love to get my paws on their Minotaur, but it seems they've shut down their MyMiniFactory so that option isn't there. 

 

Try Etsy.  "Minotaur | Collective Studio | Barbarian, Knight, Fighter, Paladin for D&D, Pathfinder, RPG"

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Inarah said:

 

Try Etsy.  "Minotaur | Collective Studio | Barbarian, Knight, Fighter, Paladin for D&D, Pathfinder, RPG"

 

Aren't those all printed copies?  I'm looking to be able to purchase the files, so I can support the creators.  Far too many people on Etsy will cure them while they're still attached to the supports, which makes cleaning them (and ensuring they're properly cured) problematic as well. 

 

Editing to add: most printed places only offer the 32mm or 25mm version, and I want the much larger one. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Argle bargle grgble. (Confused illithid gargling.)

 

I started printing the old Nautiloid BEFORE visiting the FronTiers.

 

On the 15th we will be getting the updated files.

 

I have only printed a few parts, but do I want to wait to print the rest? Maybe restart from scratch?

Argle gargle burp!

 

And Grump statted it for Alien Hives and OPR. Just what I needed. The start of ANOTHER new army.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...