• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, jadeite said:

1.png?token-time=1609070539&token-hash=Y

I like the oldschool style of Monstrous Encounters.

Me too. They match a huge part of my collection, GW from the 90s but a bit better looking IMO. I will be buying from them some time I've just been putting it off until my finances are a bit better.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Oooh, she's... Definitely interesting looking... That on Patreon, or is it posted on MMF yet? 

January's Patreon for them.

Posted before getting to end, so I didn't see Glitter's response.

CnP's offering is pretty robust as well. I'm not sure how they'll do Jan, but they usually release a nice assortment of minis, big & small, along with "Openlock" compatible terrain tiles. They also throw a throwback set in as well.

• Like 2

The Pentagram isn't just European. 

It also represent Wu Xing or the 5 Phases in Taoism, or the 5 wounds of Christ in Christianity.

The Ankh was known as the Krux Ansata by early Christians and was used as a symbol of Jesus. 

(Because the meaning of the Ankh is 'the life to come'. Yeah, they nicked it from Egypt. )

If Wendigo is from Canada(most tales are from there), does that mean she is bilingual? 

And can you tell if she's howling in English or French?

• Haha 4
12 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

The Pentagram isn't just European. 

It also represent Wu Xing or the 5 Phases in Taoism, or the 5 wounds of Christ in Christianity.

The Ankh was known as the Krux Ansata by early Christians and was used as a symbol of Jesus. 

(Because the meaning of the Ankh is 'the life to come'. Yeah, they nicked it from Egypt. )

If Wendigo is from Canada(most tales are from there), does that mean she is bilingual? 

And can you tell if she's howling in English or French?

The French will be slightly more polite, but still condescending.

• Haha 3
22 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

And more preview from EPIC for January.

Behir and Gnolls.

One of the Behir is Gargantuan the others Huge.

image.png.8f67c9e75699cb7e60c1f3c51f77cdac.pngimage.png.ee5a87cd428770a1976c35f3a8c73316.pngimage.png.e5ec0286d5693de9da51e4d28c6a7092.pngimage.png.e50b46d0fe02b362b172e8af263d7f72.png

image.png.d5f6123fe4a43d7a22eb85c190df835b.pngimage.png.eac12b36991833838cfec2428ecf585a.pngimage.png.3212fdf80e855cf009745b7b72fa2cfd.pngimage.png.e162da40ecc47282853cd7569e8c3f81.png

I have to admit, kinda ehh. As I currently have or can get a behir (part of anther patreon) & I've got plenty of gnolls to choose from in my stl archives already.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Gotta say, it's like gnolls are a hot topic right now with all these creators.. Not a complaint though, just an observation ^_^

...And thankfully they aren't all following the same script on them! 

Gnoll pups (a first for me)

720X720-gnollpupbundle.jpg

• Like 3