29 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

(Mumble, mumble, chivalry, mumble, horse, mumble.)

I would love to see a mounted version - when I first started gaming, Minifigs and then Ral Partha had a lot of mounted/unmounted figures packaged together. Entire parties used to spend a good deal of time to-ing and fro-ing on horseback. One of the reasons I like The Borderland Provinces by Frog God - it is all about the journey. (For that matter - the D&D compatible Middle Earth game has awesome rules for to-ing and fro-ing. ::): )

I already asked about the possibility of a mounted version, in part because of those boots. There are nowhere near enough mounted female knights. Those shoes may be an accident, but they work for a mounted knight, even if she has temporarily misplaced her destrier.

She's a knight - the primary purpose of a knight is cavalry. From her viewpoint, fighting on foot would be at a disadvantage. (Again, matching her footwear to it's proper place.) I would just assume that her horse is elsewhere, at the moment. (Or, with the direction 3.5 took paladins, the horse is nowhere, at the moment. Gods above and below, I hated that.)  Sooner, rather than later, she will be back in the saddle. (I am assuming 5e Disadvantage, depending on the field, it seems fair - make getting her off the horse part of the encounter.)

For much of the armored period, there were relatively few foot knights - if you had the money for armor, you had the money for a horse. (And, in England, if you had money for armor and a horse, then you had to either be a knight, or pay to have one in the King's service - scutage.) A man in armor, on foot, is less effective than a man in armor, on horse. (Exception - the Swiss - none of them wore armor until all of them could wear armor - and, yes, they had a lot of foot knights. Damned mercenaries. Then other people started copying them, because those damned mercenaries were hard bastards.)

Even after the invention of the gun, the monied classes came up with some of the daftest ways to excuse having monied idiots on horses in the field. The caracole always makes me want to punch someone.

The Auld Grump - awake, and typing while too tired... I am going to blame the tea.

All valid points!

Sculptor had designed her as the Queen's guard.

A mounted version would be awesome.

If you're looking for female Knights and such.

Highland Miniatures Patreon for december, will soon pop up on MMF

image.png.e6a1cfbea2324363b4d237e39ac103f4.png

And:

Bite the Bullet

image.png.080a3a86baccbd849f2d755eef463a8a.png

Crosslances - Paladin Girls

image.png.cb91e4738b1928a93a22ca55f2f05f9a.png

Galaad - Granted she is a Vampire, but she's a beauty

image.png.bd61ebb00e0a63aca03ac21aa53203c8.png

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can do less with the sculpted pupils if you're trying for a fancy paintjob, since being recessed they're going to make colour and reflection placement a real bear.  However, if you're doing say a

OH. OH HAHA. I do not recommend googling MMF at work if you can't remember what it stands for in a website abbreviation and forgot that hobbies other than miniatures exist!!!

Ooh ooh! My husband has been supporting some of these patreons for a couple months now, so we can participate in this thread!   I've been loving a lot of the White Werewolf Tavern stuff. A

Posted Images

On 12/25/2020 at 4:22 AM, Glitterwolf said:

image.png.e1730c97bdd238866d1c8528389140de.png

Some of these Epic minis are pretty great, but this one had me laughing.  I suspect that he must be some fire proof race, cause that metal bar would be at least 500 to 1000 deg F where he is holding it.  :lol:

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

EPIC MINIATURES for January.

Also...I mentioned the Blacksmith's design flaw and the sculptor said he's going to correct that.

image.png.9f550abee394b059132d71ff57313759.png

Bwa!

Bwa!

Bwa ha ha ha ha!

Now we know what Big Blue did before becoming a police captain! :lol:

15 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

All valid points!

Sculptor had designed her as the Queen's guard.

A mounted version would be awesome.

If you're looking for female Knights and such.

Highland Miniatures Patreon for december, will soon pop up on MMF

image.png.e6a1cfbea2324363b4d237e39ac103f4.png

And:

Bite the Bullet

image.png.080a3a86baccbd849f2d755eef463a8a.png

Crosslances - Paladin Girls

image.png.cb91e4738b1928a93a22ca55f2f05f9a.png

Galaad - Granted she is a Vampire, but she's a beauty

image.png.bd61ebb00e0a63aca03ac21aa53203c8.png

Those Highland Ladies kick broccoli!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
5 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Never mind, got my wires crossed, then I confused Megan and annoyed Sammy.

Or was it I confused Sammy and annoyed Megan?....

The Auld Grump

Confused. Both me and Sam.

I knew the model you were complaining about not getting was not the model you thought you were talking about.

~~~

The Highlands Patreon has a pretty decent haul.

• Like 2

Glad to see Epic end on a great note for January.  I'm in need for a dark unicorn.  I need to give it a twisted branch for it horn, so no cutting off the existing one is nice.  While I have tons of great beholders, I really like those offerings.

• Like 2

I like the knight, but there is something about him, I don't care for. It might be the helmet. It looks cool in certain angles but the front show it looks goofy. Tabi wizard is great thou. Nice to see a variety of looks for tabaxi (vs the slender gymnast type). Apprentice reminds me of that female wizard with the "bowl" staff from Lion Tower (or CnP).

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, haldir said:

I like the knight, but there is something about him, I don't care for. It might be the helmet. It looks cool in certain angles but the front show it looks goofy. Tabi wizard is great thou. Nice to see a variety of looks for tabaxi (vs the slender gymnast type). Apprentice reminds me of that female wizard with the "bowl" staff from Lion Tower (or CnP).

Like that Star Wars red ceremonial armor.

• Like 3

Well, I think I hate you guys....spent first half of this vacation week downloading stl’s from the various Kickstarters and Patreon’s I have backed this past year.  About half way through I filled up the hard drive. LOL. ::D:

I love you enablers. :wub:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Joined the Dragon Trapper's Lodge.

For January it will be an Asian Mythology Set.

I also got the Welcome Pack and I was lucky enough to join at the moment they hadn't taken down December yet, so I also got the Ocean theme and the throwbacks for that..

image.png.c4ac12750bb361f4315d2db0160ff0d4.pngimage.png.5118767e9b654fcbe80a3300036de10a.png

image.png.cae4a9191ee7e0473b2532adac6ad2c9.pngimage.png.79ce1492db4ebc8761960d33c1694de6.pngimage.png.d306b2e4a6fa344cc7c3ba77bcda9fbc.pngimage.png.d929295982ae162642784d23d486e02d.png

image.png.dc027cf4406cad41e7937d9f0cdd4afe.pngimage.png.3e9725bc5fc3824897b43ab92353a38a.png

image.png.0d62bf1f99a896e2d2232649a0fd051f.pngimage.png.176cfdd874d70badebfdcdeced1f1353.pngimage.png.539c8cf42e4dcf7e3a8aa63f1d294147.png

• Like 3