31 minutes ago, Clearman said:

What's everyone's opinion of the MMF pay-up-front model of campaign funding vs. the Kickstarter only-pay-if-goal-reached method?

The two MMF campaigns that I have backed were both incredibly popular and had low goal thresholds so there wasn't really any risks, but something about the MMF method bugs me.  Maybe I've just backed way too many Kickstarters...

I now backed Fantastic Plants and Rocks II there.

This is my first through MMF.

To be honest, I would not back a KS through them ( paying upfront)  if  didn't know if the company was reliable.

I might wait till the goal was met then.

Also, it's less fun, I mean on Kickstarter you get that whole comment section where we share our excitements, ask questions etc.

So I prefer that one.

But in this case, having backed nr. I before I did it.

Got a discount because of that and converted to Euros I paid €12,45 for the Core Set and the upcoming stretch goals.

Not bad..

• Like 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can do less with the sculpted pupils if you're trying for a fancy paintjob, since being recessed they're going to make colour and reflection placement a real bear.  However, if you're doing say a

OH. OH HAHA. I do not recommend googling MMF at work if you can't remember what it stands for in a website abbreviation and forgot that hobbies other than miniatures exist!!!

Ooh ooh! My husband has been supporting some of these patreons for a couple months now, so we can participate in this thread!   I've been loving a lot of the White Werewolf Tavern stuff. A

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Illithar said:

Print Your Monsters 'Fantastic Plants and Rocks, Vol. 2' is live*. There's a 72 hour early bird window and if you backed their previous Kickstarter you can get a 15% discount code. I hopped in on the 'All In' pledge.

*On MyMiniFactory, not Kickstarter, this time.

I wonder if MyMiniFactory will become like Indeigogo or a place for 3d Prints outside of KS? 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

More EPIC for February

image.png.81f75c0fa88f44496e6e1eae071f44a1.pngimage.thumb.png.f85d7f9508b2210b91adfdc3235967a0.png

image.thumb.png.86103ce2bc603742a204276818553b4f.pngimage.png.73b752d2dce5b18879395317a1391329.png

image.png.9f033bed4f592104b1f3b5e559d07625.pngimage.png.5ba8522ac4b17804a4c5c082f46d1f80.png

The Epic releases remind me of the old Ral Partha and Grenadier minis, back in the eighties - in particular, the Monster Manuscript line and the loose blisters that Ral Partha had so many of.

Figures designed for common monsters and PCs that will see regular use, not super intricate display pieces.

13 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Backed!

Also...Infinite Heroes is doing Vampires in a Venetian Theme in February..

image.thumb.png.04ac28e27365d229812a227f00ade1a4.png

Goldang it!

I was hoping to drop HI this month. <_<

This would be perfect for the next phase of *mumble mumble*!

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The Epic releases remind me of the old Ral Partha and Grenadier minis, back in the eighties - in particular, the Monster Manuscript line and the loose blisters that Ral Partha had so many of.

Figures designed for common monsters and PCs that will see regular use, not super intricate display pieces.

Reaper's Dark Heaven minis, too.  ^_^

Goldang it!

I was hoping to drop HI this month. <_<

This would be perfect for the next phase of *mumble mumble*!

The Auld Grump

Geee, you mean the King in Yellow might be Venetian? :;,;:

I had the same thought, the Regency game, different area.

BUT I would definitely describe that as "super intricate display piece". ::P:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Reaper's Dark Heaven minis, too.  ^_^

Geee, you mean the King in Yellow might be Venetian? :;,;:

I had the same thought, the Regency game, different area.

BUT I would definitely describe that as "super intricate display piece". ::P:

I definitely want that Death Gondola!!!

Not to keen on the mosquito men but I like the Masquerade Vampires and the Feline Vampire Statues/monsters.

23 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I now backed Fantastic Plants and Rocks II there.

This is my first through MMF.

To be honest, I would not back a KS through them ( paying upfront)  if  didn't know if the company was reliable.

I might wait till the goal was met then.

Also, it's less fun, I mean on Kickstarter you get that whole comment section where we share our excitements, ask questions etc.

So I prefer that one.

But in this case, having backed nr. I before I did it.

Got a discount because of that and converted to Euros I paid €12,45 for the Core Set and the upcoming stretch goals.

Not bad..

I suspect the reason for this is a lot of these creators are using MMF for fulfilment already, this way they don't get double dipped, first by kickstarter for collecting the pledges, and then by MMF for delivering them.  MMF might get a bigger cut by hosting the campaign, but instinct tells me it's likely less overall than the KS + MMF model used previously.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, JoeGKushner said:

Question.

Does it seem like most of the 3d minis are 35mm or taller? That if they come with presupports and you shrink them that the presupports fail?

Depending on the company they can be bigger, I know Artisan Guild minis are about 32/35mm.

It's one of the reasons I skipped using presupports and add my own.

When I get a printer I will have to try to get this off of MMF.  Hopefully their single files aren't too expensive.

I am looking at a computer I may get this weekend and if I do I might have to sign up and snag a couple files before they take them off.

• Like 1