19 hours ago, jadeite said:

Compared to Archvillain, Titanforge or Epic, CnP's Frostland release seems rather lackluster. The Throwbacks are nice, but I already have them. I really liked their Underdark and Cosmic Horror releases, so I have hopes for next month's horror theme.

I do like that anime girl with the kitty ears on her coat, the moose, and the dragon.

And the terrain stuff.

But not their best set.

• Like 1
  • Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can do less with the sculpted pupils if you're trying for a fancy paintjob, since being recessed they're going to make colour and reflection placement a real bear.  However, if you're doing say a

Yeah, Grump thought the same, when he decided to get me "my" printer.   Resin will happen, but he was right "my" printer is MY PRINTER!   I didn't expect that.   But he w

Ooh ooh! My husband has been supporting some of these patreons for a couple months now, so we can participate in this thread!   I've been loving a lot of the White Werewolf Tavern stuff. A

Posted Images

7 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I do like that anime girl with the kitty ears on her coat, the moose, and the dragon.

And the terrain stuff.

But not their best set.

One moose can be downloaded for free on Gumroad.

I like the Inuit Girls.

To be honest I dislike the idea of putting icicles on minis just to show that they're from the North.

Polar bears and wolves would have been cooler without those imho.

• Thanks 2
4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

One moose can be downloaded for free on Gumroad.

I like the Inuit Girls.

To be honest I dislike the idea of putting icicles on minis just to show that they're from the North.

Polar bears and wolves would have been cooler without those imho.

I am making the wolves and bears into ice based undead, prehistoric beasts pulled from a glacier by a pissy frost giant necromancer.

The ice is what killed them. The hungry, hungry ice.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 3

One of the things I'd like to see these patrons do, is have a 'sir forescale' style miniature so you know what size the miniatures are before printing. Oh I've seen a forescale you can use as a measuring unit but many traditional companies including some comparisons between their models and other popular ones. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

I am making the wolves and bears into ice based undead, prehistoric beasts pulled from a glacier by a pissy frost giant necromancer.

The ice is what killed them. The hungry, hungry ice.

A plausible explanation, I already agree.

7 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Well I may or may not have just ordered a laptop and 3D printer... Now to decide which Patreons to back... that is if I actually did order a printer :;):

Depending what kind of minis your looking for.

Bonus is that you will usually get some sort of welcome pack from a Patreon you take for the first time.

And aside from that, the Monthly theme and discounts for the store...

It can be dangerous for your wallet, but the value is awesome.

EPIC turns out over 80 minis a month including a terrain piece or two and a gargantuan monster  and you get a throwback set ( this month the pirate ship among other things) and a small welcome set as well.

Titanforge has a cool set and Infantry or cavalry is often modular so you can make variations, and it includes terrain.

Artisan Guild is always modular and very versatile with a small terrain piece as well.

Heroes Infinite is awesome with a superb centrepiece and original take on themes.

AVG ( Arch Villain Games) has some of the best detailed monsters and you get a lot of them.

MMM is usually awesome as well.

I could mention even more, but I wouldn't want to enable you...

Look at STLTOP ( dot.com) where most are listed and see for yourself.

• Thanks 1
On 2/3/2021 at 10:07 PM, NecroMancer said:

Definitely looking at Heroes Infinite.  Then we'll see from there.  I also like Bestarium and Lost Kingdom.

Lost Kingdom is amazing.

I have lots of their physical minis from a KS ( the Lizards Cuetzpal Empire) they now turned to 3D files, I have 3D files for their Egyptian stuff, not interested in the Chaos Dwarfs, but if you like those, the sculpts are awesome.

Also take a look at Highland Miniatures, Duncan Shadow, Printyourmonsters, Claycyanide and Whitewerewolf Tavern, Don't forget to check out LordofthePrints!

Oh..and CastNplay.

Go to Gumroad and search for them, LOTS of Free files.

Pay $0 to download!!!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Thanks 1

I can definitely second Clay cyanide and White werewolf, awesome sculpts. I also recommend Epic miniatures (Pirate ship available right now) and Loot studios (they are their own subscription, not patreon), they have a certain hag's hut atm:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, NecroMancer said:

Well I may or may not have just ordered a laptop and 3D printer... Now to decide which Patreons to back... that is if I actually did order a printer :;):

A @Glitterwolf mentioned mentioned, it depends on what you're looking for.    My top 10 are (in no particular order):

• Artisans Guild
  • Titan Forge
  • RN Estudio
  • Vae Victis Miniatures
  • Heroes Infinite
  • Cobramode
  • STL Miniatures
  • White Werewolf Tavern
  • Claydemon Miniatures
  • Bite the Bullet

I back a few others, but this is my will-not-drop list.

I do back Loot Studios, and they are also on my will-not-drop list, but I treat them separately.  

Also, when exploring different creators on Patreon, I will rarely back someone that doesn't have any public posts that let me see their work.  You'd be surprised how many creators only have private posts.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NecroMancer said:

Definitely looking at Heroes Infinite.  Then we'll see from there.  I also like Bestarium and Lost Kingdom.

If you join Epic Miniatures, right now, you will be able to not only download the February models, but January as well - that is a LOT of minis.

Very, very usable minis, at that - if you are a tabletop gamer. (If we absolutely had to drop down to a single miniatures Patreon, it would be Epic - for the sheer number of models.)

Epic has also started putting their Patreon bundles on MyMiniFactory - so if you miss downloading them, they will still be available to download later..

The Auld Grump

• Like 1