• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can do less with the sculpted pupils if you're trying for a fancy paintjob, since being recessed they're going to make colour and reflection placement a real bear.  However, if you're doing say a

OH. OH HAHA. I do not recommend googling MMF at work if you can't remember what it stands for in a website abbreviation and forgot that hobbies other than miniatures exist!!!

Yeah, Grump thought the same, when he decided to get me "my" printer.   Resin will happen, but he was right "my" printer is MY PRINTER!   I didn't expect that.   But he w

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hm I'm tempted by Bestiarum.

Especially the multifaced female abominations..

They have an Idian Mythology Vibe to them.

all together.jpg

I really like Bestarium so far.  I think I will stick with them next month as their style is right up my alley.  They also have a bunch of stuff on MMF that I want to get (you get 40-50% off when a patron)

I would say this is my first fully successful 3d print.  (Dry fitted and paint bottle for scale)

Polish_20210220_073835482.thumb.jpg.f822da9114647292967e93005338942a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

That's a perfect print!

I didn't realize how much dialing in exposure really reduces layer lines.

Bestarium also has presupported models and the big pieces are prehollowed as well (these perks may be pretty standard at this point, idk) 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I didn't realize how much dialing in exposure really reduces layer lines.

Bestarium also has presupported models and the big pieces are prehollowed as well (these perks may be pretty standard at this point, idk) 

Which parameter exactly did you change and to what?

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Which parameter exactly did you change and to what?

I reduced my layer height to .04 and reduced my lift speed but I think the biggest thing was getting the exposure time dialed in (started at 8-8.5 sec/layer and went down to 6 sec). 

This is the exposure test I used (just a pic not a link).  You can find it on MMF under exposure validation. Then there are a bunch of YT videos on how to read the print and dial in exposure.

720X720-1000x1000-large-display-untitled.jpg.b4c8ec2225f0e825e7ff7b8a0ec23592.jpg

There are probably better ones but this one is free and only takes about 10 minutes to print so you can dial in fast. Only needs washed not cured.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

I reduced my layer height to .04 and reduced my lift speed but I think the biggest thing was getting the exposure time dialed in (started at 8-8.5 sec/layer and went down to 6 sec). 

This is the exposure test I used (just a pic not a link).  You can find it on MMF under exposure validation. Then there are a bunch of YT videos on how to read the print and dial in exposure.

720X720-1000x1000-large-display-untitled.jpg.b4c8ec2225f0e825e7ff7b8a0ec23592.jpg

There are probably better ones but this one is free and only takes about 10 minutes to print so you can dial in fast. Only needs washed not cured.

Were you able to dial that in perfectly? On my Photon I was able to get the infinity symbol perfect, but some of the finer rays were mushy. I am assuming it is because my screen is stating to fail..

• Like 2

Hmmm. I backed Archvillain Games. Epic and Artisan Guild are tempting as well, but I should probably spend time going through what I already own before messing with new stuff too much. Bestiarum looks good too, but I don't know that many of those would see use in my games anytime soon.

I am intrigued at printing out some busts, though. That is one aspect of the hobby that I haven't gotten into and printing them seems like a good idea. Any favorite sources of busts for resin printers?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, KruleBear said:

Were you able to dial that in perfectly? On my Photon I was able to get the infinity symbol perfect, but some of the finer rays were mushy. I am assuming it is because my screen is stating to fail..

I focused mostly on the infinity symbol and getting the middle section of the bottom printed as crisp as possible. But the bottom array did get pretty mushy towards the sides

25 minutes ago, Talae said:

Hmmm. I backed Archvillain Games. Epic and Artisan Guild are tempting as well, but I should probably spend time going through what I already own before messing with new stuff too much. Bestiarum looks good too, but I don't know that many of those would see use in my games anytime soon.

I am intrigued at printing out some busts, though. That is one aspect of the hobby that I haven't gotten into and printing them seems like a good idea. Any favorite sources of busts for resin printers?

Fotis Mint and Eastman both have awesome busts!

They both have Patreons and MMF. 

Couple examples from Fotis Mint (only $5 to get access to all his past 80+ files):

cropped-cropped-faunrender-3-768x768.thumb.jpg.59a3d391bf1cb732718d02db55651680.jpg

cropped-cropped-Render-1-768x768.thumb.jpg.3c36ae016f700fe1a55942abd87df68a.jpg

(After posting these I may back just to get these two although they have tons of great stuff.  I love the Bill the Butcher bust.)

Eastman catalog 

LER37WN.thumb.jpg.509b71b7e5ff841ab49a945261ae2224.jpg

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 4

I am curious. Do most of you that back a Patreon drop and add each month? I ask because I backed Archvillain for February, but have no need for the Skaven stuff of March. Is it better to hold out a month or to shift those funds to another Patreon to try out?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Talae said:

I am curious. Do most of you that back a Patreon drop and add each month? I ask because I backed Archvillain for February, but have no need for the Skaven stuff of March. Is it better to hold out a month or to shift those funds to another Patreon to try out?

I have stuck with a patreon for a while and had one other on the side that I took, dropped, took another, dropped etc.

Now I have dropped that one as well and took new ones.

It all depends on:

• Do you want the current theme?
  • If you don't do you want to stick around for a loyalty mini or certain cross promos?
  • If you don't do you feel like supporting the patreon and wait for a better theme?
  • If you don't is the discount you get for the store enough to stok up on good stuff?

In the end it's money, so if you feel like dropping one, go ahead and take another who has a theme that suits you ( and get a new welcome pack or throwback folder there as well most of the times)

Loyalty incentives differ.

Some patreons need you to stick around for 3 months in a row others don't.

I know that Heroes Infinite will give you loyalty mini for 3  and 6 months, those do NOT have to be in a row, so you can drop, come back etc..

Others like Claycyanide only give that if you reach the 3 months.

Dragon Trapper's added another cross over promo.

This time from Whitewerewolf Tavern.

image.thumb.png.5afc0f4190f428b9b2b68bafceb28515.png

EPIC added Japanese/Chinese inspired miniatures.

If I don't rejoin, I might pick up a few of these later.

image.png.f5b53c50d08f5beacb4bcffc0a537799.pngimage.png.2e788008866b117c4a0c858756720d25.pngimage.png.e07980e5d8a6d56cd84e6c4ce2ac3994.png

image.png.fb9148a6668bd187511be2989731f45f.pngimage.png.09db8953e909b131c040767864c8b5fe.pngimage.png.79c6f3267f41f054991cf77e74a879a2.png

And Bestarium has a cross promo from Dragon Trappers this month.

The Cave Hydra

cave hydra.jpg

• Like 1