I like that version of Wukong!

Epic grabbed Grump next month with the ship, and be with the mindflayer captain.

I am picturing with a ship's crew of enthralled slaves.

He won't fit Eberron, but I will find SOMETHING for him, maybe with Ghosts of Saltmarsh. :;,;: Deep down cray cray mindflayer. Obsessed with a flaming whale.

This month's epic is mostly mine, and makes me want to run feywilds and Al Qadim. Never ran or played the TSR Arabian Nights setting, but it ALWAYS looked cool.

And those mephit bothers might as well have exclamation points floating above their heads, they are quest givers if I ever saw any!

Hells bells, I might MAKE some floating exclamation points for them! :lol:

Run Al Qadim for the kids when we can play in person again. ::):

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can do less with the sculpted pupils if you're trying for a fancy paintjob, since being recessed they're going to make colour and reflection placement a real bear.  However, if you're doing say a

Well, I think I hate you guys....spent first half of this vacation week downloading stl’s from the various Kickstarters and Patreon’s I have backed this past year.  About half way through I filled up

Ooh ooh! My husband has been supporting some of these patreons for a couple months now, so we can participate in this thread!   I've been loving a lot of the White Werewolf Tavern stuff. A

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I have stuck with a patreon for a while and had one other on the side that I took, dropped, took another, dropped etc.

Now I have dropped that one as well and took new ones.

It all depends on:

• Do you want the current theme?
  • If you don't do you want to stick around for a loyalty mini or certain cross promos?
  • If you don't do you feel like supporting the patreon and wait for a better theme?
  • If you don't is the discount you get for the store enough to stok up on good stuff?

In the end it's money, so if you feel like dropping one, go ahead and take another who has a theme that suits you ( and get a new welcome pack or throwback folder there as well most of the times)

Loyalty incentives differ.

Some patreons need you to stick around for 3 months in a row others don't.

I know that Heroes Infinite will give you loyalty mini for 3  and 6 months, those do NOT have to be in a row, so you can drop, come back etc..

Others like Claycyanide only give that if you reach the 3 months.

This is pretty much what I am using as my gauge.

As of now I am staying with:

Clay Cyanide (I am waiting for the loyalty choice) I may actually jump up to merchant tier especially because...

White werewolf Tavern I am keeping it for now, BUT they have been getting their releases out at the last moment the last two months, so I am just hanging around to get the 3 month loyalty and see what March offers then I may drop them and use the money to fund Clay's merchant account.

Epic - I may make them a merchant too, but for now the $12 a month is way worth it for me.

Loot Studios - they are a seperate sub from patreon and $15 but they have been worth it so far, and next month is my 3 month! I may even buy the previous 3 and get my 6 month:)

Fortis and Eastman - I am considering these 2 for all the cool busts. I notice  however they pause quite a bit, so I may just  get them this month and get the many busts they offer and cancel if they are pausing again (they do not seem to have any loyalty program)

Bite the bullet - I may get this one in March just so I can get a discount for the few I want and then may cancel if March isn't offering anything.

• Like 2

By the way, there was a digital file over on gumroad that was from cast n' play. It was a game size ruler, which I thought was pretty cool. However, looking at the file in chitubox, I am leaning toward it NOT being printable? Has anyone else got this file? Is it just a ruler to see the size of a digital file?

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

BUSTS..

On Thingiverse / Gumroad and 3D Cults you can get loads of them for Free.

Went looking a little more and found that Eastman (one of the Patreons I mentioned before) has a couple free busts.  And they don't require supports (although I raised mine off the bed so I just had supports on the very bottom).

They do need to be scaled down and hollowed out because I believe the were meant to be statue busts but they scale down just fine.  I scaled down 50% and the scaled that down 5-10%.

Anyways I couldn't help myself and had to print this out.  

Polish_20210222_003129640.thumb.jpg.a4e62dde399cd83dfa201be16c63c4e4.jpg

Polish_20210222_003157087.thumb.jpg.c75f14493b36b1eba4e2840c770cce7f.jpg

It seems it is modeled on the Stallone version (obviously the best version) but he is wearing the helmet from the new version which works because it was an improvement over the original costume design. 

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 3

Does white werewolf tavern have a loyalty reward? I just saw some previews of their March release, and so far not impressed:( If there is no loyalty reward, I may drop them at the end of this month. Does anyone know if there is one to expect?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Does white werewolf tavern have a loyalty reward? I just saw some previews of their March release, and so far not impressed:( If there is no loyalty reward, I may drop them at the end of this month. Does anyone know if there is one to expect?

If they have one it should be on their patreon site.

Search for loyalty or reward if nothing pops up it isn't there I think.

14 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

If they have one it should be on their patreon site.

Search for loyalty or reward if nothing pops up it isn't there I think.

Yah, I tried searching posts for loyalty, reward and goal and nothing came up (even tried bonus, and it was just the patreon count rewards like adding another model.). So, with that, I probably will drop them (hopefully they get the final models released before then). So if I cancel a patreon now, do I still have access till the end of the month or does it cut off immediately? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Yah, I tried searching posts for loyalty, reward and goal and nothing came up (even tried bonus, and it was just the patreon count rewards like adding another model.). So, with that, I probably will drop them (hopefully they get the final models released before then). So if I cancel a patreon now, do I still have access till the end of the month or does it cut off immediately? 

You'll have access to the downloads for the Month you paid for.

You can still read it all.

1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

depends on the patreon, in WWT's you'll have access to the link to the google drive til the end of the month.  
They don't have any loyalty rewards that i'm aware of yet.

I'd make sure that I followed them after though, so you can see when Anastasia starts posting previews of next month's release, just in case something comes out you decide you want or if you want to jump back in for April. On Discord this morning, they (Anastasiya) showed a couple of wood elf sentinels and another tree creature being released this month during part 2 that's coming late that I thought were very nice and worth watching for.

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

depends on the patreon, in WWT's you'll have access to the link to the google drive til the end of the month.  
They don't have any loyalty rewards that i'm aware of yet.

I'd make sure that I followed them after though, so you can see when Anastasia starts posting previews of next month's release, just in case something comes out you decide you want or if you want to jump back in for April. On Discord this morning, they (Anastasiya) showed a couple of wood elf sentinels and another tree creature being released this month during part 2 that's coming late that I thought were very nice and worth watching for.

They showed part 2? I think it's these, correct?:

Niel the Elf Queen (coming soon)
Niel the Elf Queen bust (coming soon)
MonsTrent (coming soon)

Yah, I want to get those before I cut loose:) Hopefully they get those out this week:)

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

By the way, there was a digital file over on gumroad that was from cast n' play. It was a game size ruler, which I thought was pretty cool. However, looking at the file in chitubox, I am leaning toward it NOT being printable? Has anyone else got this file? Is it just a ruler to see the size of a digital file?

I'm pretty sure that was just a ruler for digital sizing. There are various measuring tools. I like using this one:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3649454

Base sizing spot on. Obviously you can't do full size huge or large bases on the older size printers but it's nice for large or smaller (without any modifications to the prints). He has just a simple ruler as well. Just search his offerings.

Rocketpig must have heard the cash being deposited into my account today. ha ha 60% with code on MMF.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, haldir said:

I'm pretty sure that was just a ruler for digital sizing. There are various measuring tools. I like using this one:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3649454

Base sizing spot on. Obviously you can't do full size huge or large bases on the older size printers but it's nice for large or smaller (without any modifications to the prints). He has just a simple ruler as well. Just search his offerings.

Yah, after loading it up, I thought that it was just for digital scale. BUT, then I thought, hmm if I add some well placed heavy supports on the floating parts, and not cut the supports, I could make it work haha.

• Like 1