On 2/21/2021 at 5:12 PM, PaganMegan said:

I like that version of Wukong!

Epic grabbed Grump next month with the ship, and be with the mindflayer captain.

I am picturing with a ship's crew of enthralled slaves.

He won't fit Eberron, but I will find SOMETHING for him, maybe with Ghosts of Saltmarsh. :;,;: Deep down cray cray mindflayer. Obsessed with a flaming whale.

This month's epic is mostly mine, and makes me want to run feywilds and Al Qadim. Never ran or played the TSR Arabian Nights setting, but it ALWAYS looked cool.

And those mephit bothers might as well have exclamation points floating above their heads, they are quest givers if I ever saw any!

Hells bells, I might MAKE some floating exclamation points for them! :lol:

Run Al Qadim for the kids when we can play in person again. ::):

We also have the Heroes Infinite Thieves Guild on flying carpets, with the HUGE djinn.

(My kids game wrapped early tonight - Megan's is still rumbling along. ::): )

The Auld Grump

• Like 1
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can do less with the sculpted pupils if you're trying for a fancy paintjob, since being recessed they're going to make colour and reflection placement a real bear.  However, if you're doing say a

Well, I think I hate you guys....spent first half of this vacation week downloading stl’s from the various Kickstarters and Patreon’s I have backed this past year.  About half way through I filled up

Ooh ooh! My husband has been supporting some of these patreons for a couple months now, so we can participate in this thread!   I've been loving a lot of the White Werewolf Tavern stuff. A

Posted Images

On 2/4/2021 at 1:54 PM, Cygnwulf said:

Well now this is interesting.

Patreon called 'STL Creator Sampler'

image.png.31d8d219117039dd390983c639f87367.png

I'm not clear who's running it specifically, but it's $4 and will have models from a number of other creators, looks like a number of them are older releases from the other patreons.  This month has stuff from Alexi Konev, Asguard Rising, Cross Lances, Heresy Lab, Crippled God, Unit 9, War God, Cobramode, El Mutanto, Dragon's lake, and Editable Games.

The sniper with his rifle braced across the pig from heresy lab is speaking to me...

I mentioned this a while back. ::):

The dryad from this month's set.... pretty sure is a perfect match for the one my character married in Megan's game, a few years back.

Need to see if I can find a figure for my character from that game, as well. (They had a traditional happy ending.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, Talae said:

Archvillain revealed most of the March set already.

Some companies are good about that.

Epic is excellent about it.

Archvillian's mindflayers are getting printed out right now, I already printed Artisan Guild's.

18 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I mentioned this a while back. ::):

The dryad from this month's set.... pretty sure is a perfect match for the one my character married in Megan's game, a few years back.

Need to see if I can find a figure for my character from that game, as well. (They had a traditional happy ending.)

The Auld Grump

She is!

South seas dryad. ::):

Too bad that character is retired, I think that was the first time I ran a game to level 16!

Maybe half dryad children, or something, if I ever run a game in the Pathfinder setting again.

Dungeoning right now for the next Eberron game, floor tiles Cast n Play might be useful, but I am leaning more to PDFs with 3D props and furniture.

• Like 1

I am just starting the next round, incliding the AG dragonborn with boobage. ::P:

The Lusty Draconian Maid. :lol:  SOMEONE was playing Skyrim!

Printing stuffnfor the Eberron game, because the Norse game will be over before we can game in person again.

Playing online is better than not playing, but I miss company over!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Over on the STL Creator Patreon was a notice from a teacher in Quebec - 7 February - NOT adding a link, but it is worth looking for:

Hi everyone, I'm Beren, an Elementary School teacher from Quebec, Canada. This year we spent all our Science/Tech budget to buy tablets and computers for the many families with not enough electronics to attend virtual school during the Covid lockdowns.  I teach in one of the poorest districts of Canada, I love my job and I spend at least a fifth of my salary to buy stuff for the class.  I want the kids (9/10 y-old) to love school, to feel at home and to live new cool experiences. So I brought my 3D printer to school and they're learning a lot of math and reading/writing by playing a simplified RPG. While I designed some terrain set*, I thought I should try to sell the digital model and use the money back for the classroom. Books, kid-friendly chemistry kit, STEM material and a lot of stuff to make them learn outside the boring paper exercises of my own youth.  

100% of the money goes to the class. A huge thank you and I wish you an excellent day! 

Beren

We bought a pretty nice woods terrain set - $10, and a good cause. Internet being futzy, but there are a lot more models than I can show right now, thanks to futzy internet.

image.png.130a5c942e8d9e7bb447728879b31dce.png

image.png.e3e6d49e729ba1c820721a0fca664839.png

(This one makes me think of vorpal bunnies, for some reason.)

image.png.00646831322da4da1dd1fb1db2f5bd37.png

image.png.5e0409445adcc0f0e9ac11f77f6e46e6.png

image.png.9a4a099adcc6fe3a200f9430beb69dcf.png

image.png.da2fe90a051d5b04311f37d76d14b787.png

Description

All Deepgreen Woods terrains at very good price!
11 pieces : 2 cabins, 1 shelter, the Old Willow, 3 scatter terrains with trees, Elven Bridge, Standing Stone, Eclipse Stone and a Beast Lair!
Thanks

The Auld Grump

Our virtual tabletop is having problems too....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Highlands Miniatures does Zombies in March

image.png.cbd6a6367879dc6f2069ecd4b8569205.png

ZOMBIE_1.png

ZOMBIE_2.png

ZOMBIE_3.png

ZOMBIE_4.png

ZOMBIE_5.png

ZOMBIE_6.png

ZOMBIE_7.png

ZOMBIE_8.png

Has anyone printed Highland minis? I like the sculpts, but the renders look like they would be a pain to print at gaming size. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, KruleBear said:

Has anyone printed Highland minis? I like the sculpts, but the renders look like they would be a pain to print at gaming size. 

Not yet, but from what I've seen they're pretty much Warhammer sized?

Pics from MMF where he holds them in his hand.

image.png.9cf1f777284cd569797bb86abe4c27d4.pngimage.png.24a04df4eb5351b7348d4140ab3203b6.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1

Don't forget, scaling down a mini in a 3D printer is simple.

If these are too big, just take a file of a 28mm warrior you feel is right.

Put it on the build plate in chitubox, put one of these next to it and see if you need to resize.

Then you'll know which percentage, take notes and do that for all.