3D Printing Patreons

24 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Bugbears was my vote, too.

Grump wants ogres.

But those dragonborn are WAAAAAY in the lead.

At least it's not Tortles. Seems like every Patreon I was had to have their version. 

• Like 2

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for the Frost Metal Clan, as before. But, eh, I'll be happy with what I get I am sure, they've yet to disappoint me. 

Also, looks like Archvillain Games is going to be switching to Lychee files for their pre-supported stuff. It natively supports slicing into .ctb files, so the switch over shouldn't be too rough. Guess I have a reason to get more acquainted with it now.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

And then, for a second level encounter...

Whoa!

That's a lass with a story to tell and a song to sing!

I have a hammer, and I have a bell, and I have a SONG TO SING all over this land!

Not the direction I meant to take this post, but the song TOOK OVER! :lol:

I gotta get that giantess, she's obviously a character, not a grunt.

I know you probably meant her to be a present or something, but I'm not waiting. She is effing AWESOME!

So, you're painting her up as Mary Travers?

The Auld Grump - I can see that.

5 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Bugbears was my vote, too.

Grump wants ogres.

But those dragonborn are WAAAAAY in the lead.

Sadly, the dragonborn seem to be increasing their lead.

Of the three, that is the one that interests me least.

Not changing your vote - bugbears are fine, too.

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Illithar said:

I voted for the Frost Metal Clan, as before. But, eh, I'll be happy with what I get I am sure, they've yet to disappoint me. 

Also, looks like Archvillain Games is going to be switching to Lychee files for their pre-supported stuff. It natively supports slicing into .ctb files, so the switch over shouldn't be too rough. Guess I have a reason to get more acquainted with it now.

I've been trying to get lychee to work for me, but the problem is it seems really sensitive to geometry issues and frequently freezes in the midle of loading a model that's not perfect....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

I've been trying to get lychee to work for me, but the problem is it seems really sensitive to geometry issues and frequently freezes in the midle of loading a model that's not perfect....

I ran into that as well with one of Lord of the Prints files. I basically just kept trying and trying until it finally worked. I had hoped that was an isolated issue...

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 9:10 PM, SamuraiJack said:

Lord of the Print continues with more dragons, this month Brass, Blue and a wyvern

Release-TPL_desert.jpg

I like that wingless birdlike/raptor thingies!

What are those?

Oh and you can get this guy for free on Gumroad.

Cast N Play.

image.png.10da9fd64da01fbe6d00644aa66c1b37.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Ow!

Our Patreon bill for this month came to $51....

All but one was for 3D printing.

The Auld Grump

Mine is right there at 47 & it's all 3d printing. I really like the ones I have but I'm still wanting to trim it down to below 40.

On 10/3/2020 at 2:04 AM, TheAuldGrump said:

Ow!

Our Patreon bill for this month came to $51....

All but one was for 3D printing.

The Auld Grump

Mine was a tiny bit higher than that this month to snag a few bits to use for Gaslands as well.  Dropping a few for next month as this can't continue.... 

Which begs a question, how are you fine folks organizing your STLs?  I started with a list of folders (Characters, Monsters, Large/Display, Busts...) plus a couple specific ones (Skaven, Chaos, Gaslands) but I find I'm snagging so much stuff the unsorted list is just growing and the Monster file is...  a little out of hand.  And then I panic near the end of the month in case I may have missed downloading something.  I also usually avoid downloading things during the first week as there are often tweaks made and then I have trouble sorting through the good and bad versions of the files...  :upside:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Rahz said:

Mine was a tiny bit higher than that this month to snag a few bits to use for Gaslands as well.  Dropping a few for next month as this can't continue.... 

Which begs a question, how are you fine folks organizing your STLs?  I started with a list of folders (Characters, Monsters, Large/Display, Busts...) plus a couple specific ones (Skaven, Chaos, Gaslands) but I find I'm snagging so much stuff the unsorted list is just growing and the Monster file is...  a little out of hand.  And then I panic near the end of the month in case I may have missed downloading something.  I also usually avoid downloading things during the first week as there are often tweaks made and then I have trouble sorting through the good and bad versions of the files...  :upside:

I sort them to the Patreons and the stuff I get from Thingiverse is in that map and sorted to fit my projects.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rahz said:

I have two min folders: Buildings, Terrain and Scenery and Miniatures, Monsters, Animals and People. In there it's sorted by artist, then monthly releases with the name of the release if possible

So

3D Files

- Miniatures, Monsters, Animals and People

- Archvillain Games

-Archvillain Games - 2020-06 - The Empire Of Sands

And I put picture in each folder so I know what it is without unzipping. I tend to keep everything as a .7z to save space

• Like 4