3D Printing Patreons

16 minutes ago, haldir said:

1GP has had a fascination with the Mandalorian for quite awhile now. I was happy to see Stunty Conan movie people last month or the month before. Still, not going to drop it, I mean come on it's a buck!!

Note: Those are some of the modular (ie non-hero) types too.

Looks like a good month for AG next month. I love the fact I can actually print the frost giant on my plate!!!!

I came a month short but I will get it for the 50% off soon.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I came a month short but I will get it for the 50% off soon.

Totally worth it. He's a great figure with options as well. It's funny thou, if you go with the pre-supported file, you'll rotate it after it loads, just so it fits the plate just right. There isn't allot of room, but it fits!! I'm not sure on DIY support pieces.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, haldir said:

Totally worth it. He's a great figure with options as well. It's funny thou, if you go with the pre-supported file, you'll rotate it after it loads, just so it fits the plate just right. There isn't allot of room, but it fits!! I'm not sure on DIY support pieces.

I usually place supports myself, if the presupports can be tinkered with/add some extra then I might use it.

21 hours ago, Reverend Shartan said:

Has anyone printed the Queen from "Murder at the Fair" by CrippledGod Foundry?

I tried it last night, using setting I have used for many other prints, and came up with a bumpy lump of nothing attached to the build plate.

Reverend Shartan

I have not tried printing it yet, but looking at the presupports I can see why she is oriented in that way.  Your issue may very well be the way the figure is attached to the build plate, or lack there of. There may be more open space than what is holding the print on.  Have had any luck with the other presupported figures? They look to be done the same way.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Reverend Shartan said:

Presupported version......it comes up in Chitubox supported upside down. I can't get the supports removed to try them on my own.

No need to buy it. I was curious if anyone else had any problems. I'll try the unsupported one, and see if I can fare any better.

Reverend Shartan

I've found on presupported versions that increasing my cure time per layer sometimes helps.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Auberon said:

I have not tried printing it yet, but looking at the presupports I can see why she is oriented in that way.  Your issue may very well be the way the figure is attached to the build plate, or lack there of. There may be more open space than what is holding the print on.  Have had any luck with the other presupported figures? They look to be done the same way.

I haven't tried any others from this patreon. I needed the queen for an encounter coming up. I have to clean the vat, but I am going to try this one again, and also try Lychee and the unsupported version.

Thanks

Reverend Shartan

Edited by Reverend Shartan
  • Like 1

Weirdly, Crippled God Foundry is one of the few with pre-supports I don't find their scale totally wonky....and of course I haven't had much luck with their pre-supports either.  Most of the Patreons with pre-supports I need to size down at least 10% which means the pre-supports are then useless.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

wow! Mars Pro? Wonder how a standard mars would handle it? The mars pro 2 should handle it no problem I would think (too bad I don't have the file haha). I do have a few giants somewhere to print I am sure:)

Since I just printed a giant crocosaur and pyramid from Lost Kingdom on the standard Mars, I think it will do fine!

Going to get me that Giant!

AG does slice the huge files in parts for printing on smaller beds.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Upcoming stuff from Printed Obsession, Puppetmasters Caravan.

image.png.89016c466010ea7911c860a6e3e68349.pngimage.png.686e03dadd38dc39432d2ea6aa7c890e.pngimage.png.387f1ea849b9b9a31a47746713aae627.pngimage.png.55e9328429a649136b619e98526d4de0.pngimage.png.15ef181539f3b050cac6ab9143bca42f.pngimage.png.c09972bab66fabc1f18a0ce94f78034e.png

Must have!

Printed Obsession is delightfully twisted.

The Auld Grump - is it wrong that I am tempted to make Megan a costume for that mage in the upper left? I had never thought of using ivory ruffles to look like a spine before....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1