• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can do less with the sculpted pupils if you're trying for a fancy paintjob, since being recessed they're going to make colour and reflection placement a real bear.  However, if you're doing say a

OH. OH HAHA. I do not recommend googling MMF at work if you can't remember what it stands for in a website abbreviation and forgot that hobbies other than miniatures exist!!!

Yeah, Grump thought the same, when he decided to get me "my" printer.   Resin will happen, but he was right "my" printer is MY PRINTER!   I didn't expect that.   But he w

Posted Images

On 4/4/2021 at 12:15 PM, JoeGKushner said:

I think that's last month's for Vae.

Yes, but still what they have up for downloading. ::):

Got a 50% off code, so doing some pillaging of their back catalog.

The walls will be great for Frostgrave.

• Like 1

Printed a Dragon Trappers Lodge witch as a potion seller, combined with some props from STL Miniatures.

She's a bit of a floozy. But honest about it. Her Patron approves, as does her cat familiar.

It started with the props.

1.png?token-time=1619063707&token-hash=Q

Then I decided I wanted someone floozier.

720X720-lilith-pack.jpg

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

EPIC goes for a swamp theme in May.

I will look at what they come up with, so far it does sound nice.

Speaking of Epic, do they ever go back and fix errors in their releases?  I decided to get around to printing some so I could compare in hand, but found problems in the first two figures I selected.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Auberon said:

Speaking of Epic, do they ever go back and fix errors in their releases?  I decided to get around to printing some so I could compare in hand, but found problems in the first two figures I selected.

What two figures did you have problems with?

The Auld Grump

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

What two figures did you have problems with?

The Auld Grump

So far:

606 Gladiator Female Spear - Lazy sculpting has the right thumb in the spear and the left hand is just wonky where it grips the shield.  She appears to have started as a generic female figure as when I swung the camera to support her I noticed she lacks both undergarments or naughty bits.

603 Heracles Knight Shield - Similar issue with the shield, though in this case his shield straps just go into his arm. 

580 Azure Dragon - The right arm has a paper thin scale texture that wraps around air at one point.  There was also a part that had a resin trapping void in it, but I don't recall which one it was.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Auberon said:

So far:

606 Gladiator Female Spear - Lazy sculpting has the right thumb in the spear and the left hand is just wonky where it grips the shield.  She appears to have started as a generic female figure as when I swung the camera to support her I noticed she lacks both undergarments or naughty bits.

603 Heracles Knight Shield - Similar issue with the shield, though in this case his shield straps just go into his arm. 

580 Azure Dragon - The right arm has a paper thin scale texture that wraps around air at one point.  There was also a part that had a resin trapping void in it, but I don't recall which one it was.

You should message them about it, usually they answer pretty quick.

More to come from EPIC

afbeelding.png.cc6c153d532adadfaa8ca2522dcf2b6f.pngafbeelding.png.eabcf33909a4b28dcd8bf4d94c1842a2.pngafbeelding.png.d33662c5c155b96ef51095e4e275f75e.pngafbeelding.png.f83c33e712bdaafb93a40da63fa76d7a.png

afbeelding.png.f67c42ec30e1c520bccbe60fcad1a10c.pngafbeelding.png.fdb5ffea0ffda126488139058c1ac417.png

afbeelding.png.baef5253387645b7093fdc0783620eb8.pngafbeelding.png.41e90511758d62f64603afc75b14640b.png

afbeelding.png.fd9164f03ec8c50096adbc23cccc5d0f.png

• Like 1

Gaa, Epic is really frustrating me.  They have some really nice sculpts, but then drop the ball with one or two details or anatomy that just mess up the sculpt.

For example, that Lamia is fantastic, one of the best I have seen them do, but why does she have decal patterns stuck to her back?  I get that they are trying to give her a pattern, but that is not something you can do in the sculpt; the painters need to do that.  This is the same as people sculpting holes for pupils or sculpting raised tattoos on skin.  Just don't.  It really ruins the sculpt.

And the Black Dragon too.  Very nice sculpt.  But when they folded the wings for the first two versions, they bent the bones.  That dragon really needs to get some calcium in those rubber boned wings.  Don't be in such a rush and pay attention to anatomy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Gaa, Epic is really frustrating me.  They have some really nice sculpts, but then drop the ball with one or two details or anatomy that just mess up the sculpt.

For example, that Lamia is fantastic, one of the best I have seen them do, but why does she have decal patterns stuck to her back?  I get that they are trying to give her a pattern, but that is not something you can do in the sculpt; the painters need to do that.  This is the same as people sculpting holes for pupils or sculpting raised tattoos on skin.  Just don't.  It really ruins the sculpt.

And the Black Dragon too.  Very nice sculpt.  But when they folded the wings for the first two versions, they bent the bones.  That dragon really needs to get some calcium in those rubber boned wings.  Don't be in such a rush and pay attention to anatomy.

The lamia's hair bothers me more, it just looks like a slab stuck to her back...

And now that you've pointed that out about the Black Dragon's wings I can't un-see it.

• Like 2

I admit EPIC can have hit and miss sculpts but on the other hand you get 80 models a month ranging from human sized to gargantuan monsters, often with a large piece of terrain ( they did a Ship, a monastery, an arena, a goblin treehut etc etc.)

There is always something that's worth it.

I do feel that some weapons and such are tiny and bound to break when removing supports though.

Their minis are overall true 28 mm instead of the herois 23/35mm most STL files are these days.

I've supported them for a few months, dropped them when the theme didn't suit me.

I might go back for a set one day, I'm looking at this one to see how it turns out.

So far I like two of the Snake Sorceress poses and the Lamia is a maybe.

I don't care for the dragons or the cyclops dwarf.

The Snail is a nice one but not a must.

Thinking about it.

To be honest, I get that feeling from more Patreons now, I might be getting saturated with over 200GB on files already, not counting the free stuff I saved on Cults and Thingieverse.

I could print and paint for the rest of my life and still not have printed / painted them all.

Still looking for gems though.

Love to see what some of the big names come up with in May.

• Like 2