3D Printing Patreons

On 10/10/2020 at 3:34 PM, PaganMegan said:

Ilithid opera is not for the weak.

The high notes can make your brain liquify and ooze out your ears.

ALL of Cast n Play's mind reapers have tentacles in place of legs. :;,;:

Not just the big guy, who I think I may make an ilithid god or avatar.

• Like 1

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just joined Epic Miniatures! Thou, probably will only be for this month as I really need to cut down on Patreons right now. I still couldn't pass up this month's offerings from them + I have a "rage drake" in my mmf cart that I could use that patreon discount code on.

• Like 1

Well, I got three months out of a patreon before it went in directions i have no interest in.  maybe i will do another when i find something i must have.  this months package was small, shared with another artist, badly supported and i really didnt like the look of any of it.  On top of that most of the minis were too small for my FDM printers to handle.  Next month isn't looking much better.

Oh, did i mention that if you wanted the actual nice dragons (the things i actually signed up for) you had to join the other patreon too.  Also, not a fan of that.  Off patreon for now.  Maybe something will happen later

Patreon costs are now down to $0

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I'm actually downloading my Patreon rewards!! 2 days earlier then last month! I'm improving when it comes to getting the darn things!

Helps I'm also downloading the Fat Dragon Kickstarter rewards or at least putting them into my drivethrurpg account & other KS that use that service. I'm really bad when it comes to remembering to download those.......

• Like 3

On 10/2/2020 at 12:36 AM, TheAuldGrump said:

So, you're painting her up as Mary Travers?

The Auld Grump - I can see that.

Golly gee! Paint her up with blond hair and blue eyes?

No one EVER paints frost giants like THAT!  <_<

:lol:

20 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I'll just leave this....

I think that was when I realized that Mark Hamill might just be a wee bit mad....

The Auld Grump

Animal? Sic 'em!

:lol:

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Well, I got three months out of a patreon before it went in directions i have no interest in.  maybe i will do another when i find something i must have.  this months package was small, shared with another artist, badly supported and i really didnt like the look of any of it.  On top of that most of the minis were too small for my FDM printers to handle.  Next month isn't looking much better.

Oh, did i mention that if you wanted the actual nice dragons (the things i actually signed up for) you had to join the other patreon too.  Also, not a fan of that.  Off patreon for now.  Maybe something will happen later

Patreon costs are now down to $0

MMM?

• Like 1

• Members

Or AVG.. I'm starting to consider dropping them with what one of my Discord channel calls the 'Balder's Gate' theme with mind flayers and a ship.. of the last 5 months, other than the frost giants, I've not had much use for about 90% of the models either because of the size (32mm) or the theme...  MMM has been a little better, but even then I haven't been interested in a lot of the models this month or last.. I mainly stay in that one because their Discord community is heavy in 3D printing and professional Printing vendors who have a ton of knowledge on supports

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

MMM?

Yup.  Pretty disappointed this month and the undersea doesn't do anything for me next month so...

I may be back, I loved the koi dragon and it did print well so up until now no real complaints.  Just between the very small selection this month and the "cooperative" shinnanigins I decided to drop that.  Maybe it will go back to dragons in December.  

Then again between kickstarter and past patreons it not like I lack things to print (and another big starship on the way - 2nd Dynasty has been a blast!)

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 2

EPIC Miniatures has another preview for the Undead theme.

First we had the crazy skeleton scientist.

They said next up will be something ghostly.

And this preview is a full sclale Skeleton Army and a huge Undead Behemoth.

They just said the Skeletons are only the beginning.

image.png.671054db58a01e01b00b416fc25a8c02.pngimage.thumb.png.20472b639423a484c8f33bfc66e5dad2.pngimage.thumb.png.37df5c5bfb4abad6866ba42de1b8bd32.pngimage.png.ddbc47d2fa8eca46b66ada19644c3249.pngimage.png.e6d723e85037d88c13aad3b222670e46.pngimage.png.1613efdda0bb6c4322b16751e266cb89.pngimage.png.67c68d13ed73cdd3371e255597bcc9ec.pngimage.png.d40a70c8e5369cac7b921f8e4b7c620f.pngimage.png.b792fc40cefb68c2e8b55e7a1a88c0ee.pngimage.png.427cad13ef0f9c839141ec5f13a084af.png

• Like 2

I haven't bought into any patreons yet as I'm still waiting on my printer but Monstrous Encounters has my attention.  If the CR-6 can handle minis I will definitely be getting some of their stuff. I'd bookmarked there dungeonworks website ages ago for some old school GW style minis and recently found even more at MMF and patreon. Not as intricate and fancy as many of the current offerings but I like old school GW. It also gives me a way to fill out my Mordheim warbands and other things without buying overpriced, hard to find minis off Ebay and Bartertown.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

Or AVG.. I'm starting to consider dropping them with what one of my Discord channel calls the 'Balder's Gate' theme with mind flayers and a ship.. of the last 5 months, other than the frost giants, I've not had much use for about 90% of the models either because of the size (32mm) or the theme...  MMM has been a little better, but even then I haven't been interested in a lot of the models this month or last.. I mainly stay in that one because their Discord community is heavy in 3D printing and professional Printing vendors who have a ton of knowledge on supports

I am all over that mind flayer set for... Reasons. :;,;:

And Grump ran a dark reflection of Spelljammer that ship would be right at home for.

MMM, their current run would be GREAT for Carceri, add chain devils and a good time for all.

But I am not running any games that include Carceri, Eberron has its own cosmology. No, Fire COSMOLOGY, not COSMETOLOGY. <_<

Maybe a Grump version of Hell for Darkjammer?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/16/2020 at 2:54 AM, Kangaroorex said:

Yup.  Pretty disappointed this month and the undersea doesn't do anything for me next month so...

I may be back, I loved the koi dragon and it did print well so up until now no real complaints.  Just between the very small selection this month and the "cooperative" shinnanigins I decided to drop that.  Maybe it will go back to dragons in December.  

Then again between kickstarter and past patreons it not like I lack things to print (and another big starship on the way - 2nd Dynasty has been a blast!)

I showed MMM to Grump, and he liked that set, sure enough, he thought Hell, not undead.

I don't think we will ever have a full campaign set in Hell. <_<

But if we do, the MMM set would be perfect. If not, we would never, ever need it.

• Like 2